Check it out as @CaptainCPS-X has made a return to the PS3 Homebrew Community recently and the developer has some plans and a bit of a preview of an upcoming release. A new version of his popular project FBA RL (Final Burn Alpha Retro Loader). This arcade emulator is based off the PS3 version of RetroArch/Libretro, but being CaptainCPS-X is an official contributor to the Windows FBA project and also a PS3 dev there was no better person to bring the original feel of the arcade emulators to the PS3 from windows. Now the developer is deciding to ditch the Sony SDK used to create the original version and has decided to o the pslight route for various reasons outlined in the Coming Soon Announcement you can view from CaptainCPS-X below: -STLcardsWS
What is it?
- Well for those who don't know FB Alpha is a multi-arcade emulator just like MAME, originally released on Windows. FB Alpha Retro Loader objective is to bring the original FB Alpha easy to use interface and features to PS3. It uses a modified libretro core, and a modified retroarch build.
Why do this? I can play FB Alpha on RetroArch
- Yes, you can search for a ZIP file in your HDD / External device, etc, and hope you have the right one. But FB Alpha RL has the original FB Alpha method to handle drivers, that means, that it will scan the ROMs, get all the info from the embedded FBA database generated by my custom windows FBA build (unreleased), then filter out non-working games, get max players, year, manufacturer, etc. Having the database allows me to handle libretro core properly, and not treat it like a generic emulator.
Why "Light", what happened to the old FB Alpha RL v1.04 ?
- I have the code here in my HDD, but it is C++, and I wanted to rewrite it as C, plus this time I'm using PSL1GHT, instead of PS3 SDK. I had a hard time porting a few things but its fun xD, and I can do many things I couldn't with PS3 SDK.
What are the current features?
Not much right now:
- Latest FB Alpha core (2017) (v0.2.97.42) (my build fix available at my GitHub repo)
- In sync with MAME 0.187 romset (older or newer romset might work but could give problems)
- FB Alpha driver information embedded database (v0.2.97.42).
- Preview images for FB Alpha drivers.
- Uses Tiny3D library for video.
- Configurable (.ini)
- Themes (background music (mp3), sound effects for ui (wav), fonts (.TTF), etc)
- Misc features like: Temperature, time, date, HDD space display, etc
- some other things xD
Why not release it?
- I will, as soon as I get more free time to work on the final touches for the initial release. Then in the future I will keep adding features as I find time.
PS3 [Coming Soon] FB Alpha Retro Loader (Light) v1.0 [Powered by PSL1GHT]
By CaptainCPS-X on Aug 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.26 updated by AldostoolsA smal update has arrived to the popular PS3 plugin that comes packed with tons of functionality. webMAN MOD has been updated from developer @aldostools with the release of version 1.47.26. This is not a huge update but the dev has pushed a fixed to a "gamepad combo" issue that was reported by wmm user gosseux,The problem seemed to occur if combo "select+up/down" was disabled it also was disabling "Select+O" button combo. This since has been fixed with this new update, also there was a requested feature added. That feature (syscall command via web) should not be used unless you know you are doing as there could be some issue occur if used incorrectly. So its a use at your own risk feature . More about that feature can be seen in the changelog provided below.Continue reading
Share This Page
Latest: jolek, Jan 19, 2020 at 2:43 PM
Latest: squeept, Jan 19, 2020 at 2:37 PM
Latest: MegaManX970, Jan 19, 2020 at 2:09 PM
Latest: STLcardsWS, Jan 19, 2020 at 1:21 PM
Latest: DeViL303, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:46 PM
Latest: PISTONDlT420, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:43 PM
Latest: Md Hesam, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:41 PM
Latest: bazzarre, Jan 19, 2020 at 11:53 AM
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: