Check it out as @CaptainCPS-X has made a return to the PS3 Homebrew Community recently and the developer has some plans and a bit of a preview of an upcoming release. A new version of his popular project FBA RL (Final Burn Alpha Retro Loader). This arcade emulator is based off the PS3 version of RetroArch/Libretro, but being CaptainCPS-X is an official contributor to the Windows FBA project and also a PS3 dev there was no better person to bring the original feel of the arcade emulators to the PS3 from windows. Now the developer is deciding to ditch the Sony SDK used to create the original version and has decided to o the pslight route for various reasons outlined in the Coming Soon Announcement you can view from CaptainCPS-X below: -STLcardsWS
What is it?
- Well for those who don't know FB Alpha is a multi-arcade emulator just like MAME, originally released on Windows. FB Alpha Retro Loader objective is to bring the original FB Alpha easy to use interface and features to PS3. It uses a modified libretro core, and a modified retroarch build.
Why do this? I can play FB Alpha on RetroArch
- Yes, you can search for a ZIP file in your HDD / External device, etc, and hope you have the right one. But FB Alpha RL has the original FB Alpha method to handle drivers, that means, that it will scan the ROMs, get all the info from the embedded FBA database generated by my custom windows FBA build (unreleased), then filter out non-working games, get max players, year, manufacturer, etc. Having the database allows me to handle libretro core properly, and not treat it like a generic emulator.
Why "Light", what happened to the old FB Alpha RL v1.04 ?
- I have the code here in my HDD, but it is C++, and I wanted to rewrite it as C, plus this time I'm using PSL1GHT, instead of PS3 SDK. I had a hard time porting a few things but its fun xD, and I can do many things I couldn't with PS3 SDK.
What are the current features?
Not much right now:
- Latest FB Alpha core (2017) (v0.2.97.42) (my build fix available at my GitHub repo)
- In sync with MAME 0.187 romset (older or newer romset might work but could give problems)
- FB Alpha driver information embedded database (v0.2.97.42).
- Preview images for FB Alpha drivers.
- Uses Tiny3D library for video.
- Configurable (.ini)
- Themes (background music (mp3), sound effects for ui (wav), fonts (.TTF), etc)
- Misc features like: Temperature, time, date, HDD space display, etc
- some other things xD
Why not release it?
- I will, as soon as I get more free time to work on the final touches for the initial release. Then in the future I will keep adding features as I find time.
PS3 [Coming Soon] FB Alpha Retro Loader (Light) v1.0 [Powered by PSL1GHT]
By CaptainCPS-X on Aug 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM
PS4 Player (Media Player) by Lapy05575948From the developer who brought us PS4 Xplorer (File Manager) for our exploited PS4 capable of launching homebrew, has now dropped the latest homebrew (powered by Unity) with the release of PS4 Player from Lapy05575948. This new PlayStation 4 Homebrew is a Video Player currently in the BETA stages that provides support for the following video formats: MP4 & MOV. Also subtitles are supported in this release (in SRT format). At this moment the only supported Storage location for your media is on usb0/ . This PlayStation4 homebrew is an early beta release that is only going to improve with time. Have a suggestion or comment drop a line below in this article or tweet directly to the developer (@ Lapy05575948).Continue reading
PS4 Xplorer (file manager) v1.10 Released + Sneak peak of upcoming PS4 (media) Player by LapyDeveloper Lapy05575948 has been working on several homebrew's and ports for the PS4 using Unity 3d, we have seen the developer released various games like El Pollo 2.0 & Lapy's Chicken , but then the dev also developed a game called Save the Scene which was an original concept for the PS4 (now also ported to the PS Vita). In the recent weeks the developer turned attention to a utility, that being a file manager for the PS4. The app which was called Windows Explorer (v1.00-.05) originally and since has been renamed more appropriately PS4 Xplorer in recent updates (stating from v1.06). The homebrew is still in the BETA stage but progressing well as the developer has released multiple updates for the file manager (v1.10 currently) adding features like multilingual support / FTP Support and all the essentials for file management on the PS4.. This Homebrew runs on exploited console on firmware's 5.07 / 5.05 / 5.01 / 4.75 or 4.55 firmware Follow all the previous progress of changes in the changelogs provided below.
But wait that is not all the developer has in store for us, as another project is also in the works for the PS4., A very cool project (Ps4 Player), while its not released yet the developer is giving plenty of progress reports and some sneak peak video demos of an upcoming media player, Checkout the details and demonstrations in the tab belowContinue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - February 2019 Progress Report - Support for additional Accessories!The PS3 saw different Controller Designs and additional Accessories within it's life cycle. The early readers from this Site can probably remember how Sony themselves presented a "boomerang-styled" Controller back at E3 2005, which (sadly?) never saw a release. But as for nearly every Console, there were Game Titles, which supported to be played with additional Accessoires, sometimes they were even mandatory. Either you wanted to play specific Game Titles where a webcam tracked your motion moving by displaying it in-Game, you wanted to get better and faster Results with a Steering Wheel while Racing with other Players online with some fancy Cars, or maybe you really thought you can actually sing (which you can't of course ) so you played with some Microphones to sing various Songs in karaoke. But whichever of those mentioned Accessoires you prefered, maybe you want to use them as well when you want to emulate those Game Titles on your PC! How you might ask? Don't worry. This is one of many Improvements which this months Progress Report from the Great Team behind the RPCS3 Emulator is about. So better grab your old Guitar-Controllers and "Let's Rock'n'Roll!" Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: