Check it out as @CaptainCPS-X has made a return to the PS3 Homebrew Community recently and the developer has some plans and a bit of a preview of an upcoming release. A new version of his popular project FBA RL (Final Burn Alpha Retro Loader). This arcade emulator is based off the PS3 version of RetroArch/Libretro, but being CaptainCPS-X is an official contributor to the Windows FBA project and also a PS3 dev there was no better person to bring the original feel of the arcade emulators to the PS3 from windows. Now the developer is deciding to ditch the Sony SDK used to create the original version and has decided to o the pslight route for various reasons outlined in the Coming Soon Announcement you can view from CaptainCPS-X below: -STLcardsWS
What is it?
- Well for those who don't know FB Alpha is a multi-arcade emulator just like MAME, originally released on Windows. FB Alpha Retro Loader objective is to bring the original FB Alpha easy to use interface and features to PS3. It uses a modified libretro core, and a modified retroarch build.
Why do this? I can play FB Alpha on RetroArch
- Yes, you can search for a ZIP file in your HDD / External device, etc, and hope you have the right one. But FB Alpha RL has the original FB Alpha method to handle drivers, that means, that it will scan the ROMs, get all the info from the embedded FBA database generated by my custom windows FBA build (unreleased), then filter out non-working games, get max players, year, manufacturer, etc. Having the database allows me to handle libretro core properly, and not treat it like a generic emulator.
Why "Light", what happened to the old FB Alpha RL v1.04 ?
- I have the code here in my HDD, but it is C++, and I wanted to rewrite it as C, plus this time I'm using PSL1GHT, instead of PS3 SDK. I had a hard time porting a few things but its fun xD, and I can do many things I couldn't with PS3 SDK.
What are the current features?
Not much right now:
- Latest FB Alpha core (2017) (v0.2.97.42) (my build fix available at my GitHub repo)
- In sync with MAME 0.187 romset (older or newer romset might work but could give problems)
- FB Alpha driver information embedded database (v0.2.97.42).
- Preview images for FB Alpha drivers.
- Uses Tiny3D library for video.
- Configurable (.ini)
- Themes (background music (mp3), sound effects for ui (wav), fonts (.TTF), etc)
- Misc features like: Temperature, time, date, HDD space display, etc
- some other things xD
Why not release it?
- I will, as soon as I get more free time to work on the final touches for the initial release. Then in the future I will keep adding features as I find time.
PS3 [Coming Soon] FB Alpha Retro Loader (Light) v1.0 [Powered by PSL1GHT]
By CaptainCPS-X on Aug 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM
Meet "PSVshell" - a very beautiful and useful Overclocking Plugin by ElectryThe PlayStation Vita was a "powerful" Handheld Console back when it was released by the end of 2011 - wow, already 8 years old btw . But claiming by Sony that it can bring you the same power and good Gaming Experience like a Home Console, soon many people found out that this isn't the case for all Games released. But luckily, thanks to the great Homebrew Community behind the PSVita, we already saw in the past many "Overclocking Plugins", which can bring you the full potential to your PSVita, even more powerful than Sony would allowed. But sometimes, even those weren't perfect . Either they slowed down your Games when in use, they crashed the whole System or it was just some simple things like that the whole Screen was "crowded" with the Details of each of your setting everytime when you needed to change them. But the cool thing is, this Homebrew Community hears your complaints. So Developer Electry worked on that and introduced his very own Overclocking Plugin - it's "yet another overclocking plugin" to quote him - by fixing all those problems mentioned before. And the coolest thing is, it looks pretty damn good and it's very useful as well, if you ask me!Continue reading
PS-Phwoar! (for 5.05): A new Exploit Host Menu (with PS4 Home inspired theme) by LeefulWe re-tweeted this when it was released a week or so ago but wanted to get something up on the news page about this project, Developer leeful has recently released a new Exploit Host menu for serving up the essential payloads for exploited PS4 (5.05) Consoles's. This host menu theme is based on the PS4's main home screen bringing a seamless look. The host menu contains descriptions of various payloads it provides (which is about all) that will provide alot of features when executed such as Fan Controls, Linux Loader, Mod Menu's, firmware spoof, Update blocks ect.. You can see many of the payloads included in the sceenshots attached. Various methods to using this exploit host menu are available , see additional details in the installation tab below about using this new host menu:.
The host menu also adds the convenience of replacing the User Manual (first option in Settings>>User Manual/Helpful info) for easy and quick launching for when you power on your Console and have to activate HEN.Continue reading
Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Homebrew) - Multi-System Emulator adds support for new emulationThere has been a PS4 developer's known as Znullptr who has ported several emulators to the PS4 (jailbroken) already with systems like the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast & PS1 to name a few of the ps4 homebrew ports present on the GameOS side of the console (ps4). We know already that emulation via PS4 Linux is capable of running many more emulators like RetroArch (Linux) for example, but lets be honest ps4linux can be a bit of process to get up and running when you power on your console for some quick convient play. So when we see new things on the PS4's main menu that is exciting to see, when its in regards to emulation especially.
This time around the dev decided to port a popular multi-system emulator, no not RetroArch but Mednafen, originally the port was released some weeks ago by port developer Znullptr and presented to us by Markus95 and since @Markus95 has seen presented some improvements with regards to the cfg file that has fixed several broken platforms (Virtual Boy, WonderSwan & WonderSwan Color) due to the control scheme that was not compatible with the DualShock 4 layout, with a re-configured "mednafen.cfg" file those issue are eliminated. There has been 4 player support added also and a few new tweaks Markus95 plans on addressing via future tweaks of the cfg file.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: