Check it out as @CaptainCPS-X has made a return to the PS3 Homebrew Community recently and the developer has some plans and a bit of a preview of an upcoming release. A new version of his popular project FBA RL (Final Burn Alpha Retro Loader). This arcade emulator is based off the PS3 version of RetroArch/Libretro, but being CaptainCPS-X is an official contributor to the Windows FBA project and also a PS3 dev there was no better person to bring the original feel of the arcade emulators to the PS3 from windows. Now the developer is deciding to ditch the Sony SDK used to create the original version and has decided to o the pslight route for various reasons outlined in the Coming Soon Announcement you can view from CaptainCPS-X below: -STLcardsWS
What is it?
- Well for those who don't know FB Alpha is a multi-arcade emulator just like MAME, originally released on Windows. FB Alpha Retro Loader objective is to bring the original FB Alpha easy to use interface and features to PS3. It uses a modified libretro core, and a modified retroarch build.
Why do this? I can play FB Alpha on RetroArch
- Yes, you can search for a ZIP file in your HDD / External device, etc, and hope you have the right one. But FB Alpha RL has the original FB Alpha method to handle drivers, that means, that it will scan the ROMs, get all the info from the embedded FBA database generated by my custom windows FBA build (unreleased), then filter out non-working games, get max players, year, manufacturer, etc. Having the database allows me to handle libretro core properly, and not treat it like a generic emulator.
Why "Light", what happened to the old FB Alpha RL v1.04 ?
- I have the code here in my HDD, but it is C++, and I wanted to rewrite it as C, plus this time I'm using PSL1GHT, instead of PS3 SDK. I had a hard time porting a few things but its fun xD, and I can do many things I couldn't with PS3 SDK.
What are the current features?
Not much right now:
- Latest FB Alpha core (2017) (v0.2.97.42) (my build fix available at my GitHub repo)
- In sync with MAME 0.187 romset (older or newer romset might work but could give problems)
- FB Alpha driver information embedded database (v0.2.97.42).
- Preview images for FB Alpha drivers.
- Uses Tiny3D library for video.
- Configurable (.ini)
- Themes (background music (mp3), sound effects for ui (wav), fonts (.TTF), etc)
- Misc features like: Temperature, time, date, HDD space display, etc
- some other things xD
Why not release it?
- I will, as soon as I get more free time to work on the final touches for the initial release. Then in the future I will keep adding features as I find time.
PS3 [Coming Soon] FB Alpha Retro Loader (Light) v1.0 [Powered by PSL1GHT]
By CaptainCPS-X on Aug 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM
[New PS2 Exploit] Hacking the PS2 using Yabasic on (PAL) demo disc ( by Cturt )The PlayStation 2 is still in the cross-hairs for many developer's in the homebrew scene, hacker Cturt known for his work with PlayStation 4 exploits has turned his attention to the PS2. The motive for this exploration was to provide a "slightly more convenient" way to execute homebrew on the PS2 and also with the newer consoles being hacked via webkit exploitation and the PAL models Ps2 demo disc that contain Yabasic, the hacker seen the potential and now that potential has came to fruition with the release of this write up of exploiting a PS2 with Yabasic on a PS2 Demo Disc in PAL regions. The developer states in NTSC there may be a future solution (as mentioned in the conclusion of the writeup)Continue reading
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.4.0 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW models4.85.1 HFW post by @Joonie
UPDATE (10-07-2019): Version 2.4.0 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
[Coming Soon] bguerville 's PS3 ToolsetThe evolution of PS3 exploration continues as PSX-Place.com own moderator and one of the lead developer's of the PS3Xploit Team @bguerville has been working on a new project for the PS3 of late and the developer has given me permission to share some of the exclusive details about this upcoming project to be released in the coming weeks. The developer has provided us with various screenshots with short descriptions of the tools. bguerville has been working to perfect his ROP framework and has created a robust API for future development of exploits and hacks on the PS3 with bguerville's PS3 Toolset (name may change in final release(?)). Essentially the project is an extremely feature rich & powerful file management system that runs on the PS3's Internet Browser (that has become a great feature for us on the PS3) and does not need any kernel exploits (such as PS3HEN or a CFW installed), however a userland exploit will be needed, this could be achieved by utilizing 4.85 HFW or could possibly be done by another solution as well without the need of HFW, so there looks to be possibilities for the dev to choose when that time comes upon the initial release, @bguerville toolset contains many functions and features (as seen in the screens provided below) that will be outlined more thoroughly in the future release. Until then, we are left with a sampling of screenshots from the project, to show what's around the corner. (Also, note the GUI shown is not the final product and simply just a placeholder currently according to the developer, so the released version should look different in terms of eye-candy ). Stay tuned as we will learn more about this project as we get closer to the release.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- No body