Compatibility Lists (PSX games, USB flash drives)

Discussion in 'PlayStation Classic (Mini-Console)' started by amirzaim, Oct 23, 2019.

1. 592
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Just bought PSX Classic for my younger brother and have BleemSync installed. PSX Classic had been miserable at launch but it goes better one year after launch due to improvements of console hacking/softmodding and better RetroArch support. Sometimes, softmodding the PSX Classic console can be tricky because not all USB flash drives can perform well. Some can able to install exploits and run games with zero hiccups like Sandisk Cruzer USB 3.0, some of them manages to install but leaving the game hiccups and even some of them unable to perform backups before installation and even worse, some of them don't boot at all. Thus, USB flash drive compatibility list needed to help PSX Classic owners to get the right USB flash drive so they can perform softmodding without extra measures like modifying the mobo.

Same thing also goes to PSX games which are not officially included in PSX Classic console. I found that certain games like Spyro: Ripto's Rage have audio issues on that console where audio had been cut off in the middle of cutscenes. Other games had been tested but most likely minor framerate drops.

I hope that there should be a compatibility lists for both USB flash drives and even PSX games in order to make it easier for PSX Classic console owners.

2. 7,606
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
  3. 592
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member