PS3 Configuration Manager v0.20

Switch files from the XMB

1. 6,146
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder

Plugin Configuration Manager v0.10

[​IMG]

• Here is a beta of a simple little XMB mod that allows the user to switch between 5 pre prepared boot_plugins.txt files. To install it initially, Simply copy the 2 category network xmls to dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xml/ and then install the tiny package. Then you can place your 5 boot_plugins.txt files into the "boot_plugin_x" folders which you will find at dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/ (one txt file in each folder). Now this went from the idea stage to completed in just a few hours last night, getting the PVR set up and uploading the video took most of that time. :) I knows its a bit crude but it does the job. If you want to you can edit the xml file so it says which plugins are included in each "slot" like I have done in the screen shots/video.

Note 1: Only tested on Rebug 4.81
      Note 2: webMAN MOD Required
      Note 3: After installing this ALL boot_plugins.txt files in the 5 folders are blank, so add your own txt files before you use it.
      Note 4: You must have your sprx files already in place, All this does is swap the txt files to allow for easy switching of the enabled plugins.
      Note 5: If you want more or less "slots" you can edit the xml quite easily.

The main weak point in this mod is that it always requires wMM to be running for its web commands which are used to swap the files. So if you install a boot_plugins.txt file without webMAN mod contained in it, none of the options will work and you will have to add wMM again manually. (unless you are on Rebug and running webMAN mod from dev_flash via the toolbox toggle, then you are fine)

Maybe someday we will be able to use a different system plugin for file manipulation, that way mods like this could be made webMAN Mod independent and Cobra independent, Also it would speed things up as the browser slows it down and makes it a bit clunky, would be nice and clean if it could use another plugin.

Thanks to @Berion for the icons and @aldostools for the great features of webMAN MOD.​

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

• Here is a quick video demo showing how it works. When you select your desired configuration the PS3 will reboot almost instantly with your new boot_plugins.txt file active.

Read more about this resource...

PSX-Place News Coverage
    v.0.10 -

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2017
    bitsbubba, MHAF99, STLcardsWS and 6 others like this.
  2. 712
    Sdw100

Sdw100 Moderator

ENGINEER
    Great work!!!
    @STLcardsWS has been asking for things like this for a while im sure he will appreciate this contribution as much as the next man

Great work im still rocking wMM so im good

DeViL303 likes this.
  3. 6,146
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Cheers, the vision @STLcardsWS had for a plugin manager was much better than this though, but the nice thing about this option is that its integrated into the XMB.

Damn I wish we could mod the settings category, I really don't like putting things like this in network or game or user categories, I don't mind with XMBPD as it fits there.

0_obeWAN, Berion and Sdw100 like this.
  4. 1,933
    Berion

Berion Developer

Did I something wrong? I haven't subtext under "radio buttons", they are empty, and when I choose one of five "options" my plugins.txt goes empty 0B file. I "rebugificated" this plugin, but any XML etc. are untouched (so this cannot be my issue).

Rebug 4.81.2 with webMAN Mod v1.47.2.

rebugification_pcm_3.jpg

Attached Files:

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

Yes it's normal it's only the structural base code, you need to code your own plugins as desire.

@DeViL303
    I made tests and works well with condition to have loaded webMAN of course
    At the moment I use VSH with all the plugins I test because no conflict found with others plugins and permit to Reload webMAN and Reactive the Boot plugin manager.
    I codded links to permit to download/update latest plugins is OK

kozarovv and DeViL303 like this.
  6. 1,933
    Berion

Berion Developer

I feel so stupid now. Of course they are blank... Well, to justify myself, I have read description and downloaded resource one day, and made gfx and test another. I'm getting older or something... ;(

0_obeWAN likes this.
  7. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

I have the same problem, and is not going to settle with time ;)
    Here is the one I test.

[​IMG]

Seem to work fine exept with sMAN that dont unload properly from VSH menu
    Obligation to unload from sMAN menu then unload from VSH menu seems fine

Sdw100, Berion and DeViL303 like this.
  8. 336
    Zoilus

Zoilus Member

this is cool....

thats funny im actually doing the same thing but via that program that everybody uses for various things.... its like @bitsbubba xmb installer thingy that changes waves, boot up images..etc... I used it for BO2 and GTA stuff so im doing the same thing here. it will overwrite the boot txt with pre written stuff depending on what you choose... it will be set up with wMM, wM, sMAN...etc so it will work with any updates...provided the devs keep leaving the files in the same place :) and since its pre-written, no chance people will launch multiple things that don't play nice together...hopefully

STLcardsWS and DeViL303 like this.
  9. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    This is nice @DeViL303, I myself will be incorporating this into XMBM+ as with possibly CFW Tools still a little undecided. Now if only SOMEONE would update XMBPD I'd be all set :-p

citra mulia, Sdw100 and DeViL303 like this.
  10. 578
    deank

deank Developer

sMAN should unload properly (it does with /quit.ps3 and combo-shortcut). What method is used in vsh menu to unload sMAN (unload by name/slot..)?

p.s. I just tested calling cobra_unload_vsh_plugin(slot) from another plugin and sMAN unloaded properly (no crashes, no weird behavior).

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  11. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    that would be the XMBM+ Installer in which I and @DeViL303 we're both members of Team XMBM+ :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    ricardo, Zoilus, STLcardsWS and 2 others like this.
  12. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

I confirme sMAN unload well by unload sMAN option No problem
    But if you use VSH menu 1.12 plugin manager, when you unload sMAN [press X] console freeze :(
    I made test on Starbucks 4.81 v1.02 using VSH menu 1.12 and latest sMAN 1.08n

13. 578
    deank

deank Developer

I guess this is an issue with vsh menu. As I said when I unload sMAN from another plugin with "unload_vsh_plugin" cobra core function - it unloads.

14. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

Maybe @aldostools got an idea about issue
    The only way I find to reload wMM and use plugins manager
    Unload sMAN from option menu first, I got sMAN message unload sMAN OK
    Unload sMAN second time in VSH menu because seems to be active (yellow) I got VSH message unload sMAN OK
    then I load wMM to go back using plugin manager :) tedious

15. 6,146
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Not related to the above posts, but, I was thinking, Now that we have the source to the custom xai plugin sprx used by CFW Tools/Settings, In theory we could add the 5 copy operations to that as custom static commands and then this would already be cobra and webman independent.

Im sure it would be simple if I knew how :D

kozarovv and 0_obeWAN like this.
  16. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

I dream about too ^^ I think to XMBPD & PS3Extranet. Enable DL natively on dev_hdd0/ will be great :)

17. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Which functions would you need exactly?
    Am currently working on the xai_plugin to add basic pkg handling which may help with XMBPD & a couple of other functions. It is only the beginning of course but while I am doing this, I may as well add what you need too...

18. 6,146
    DeViL303

Part-Time XMB Modder
    That would be sweet! There are 5 separate copy operations (1 file and 1 folder each and then a reboot), here is what the webman version of the code looks like:
    Code:
    http://localhost/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_1/boot_plugins.txt&to=/dev_hdd0/;/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_1/IMAGES/&to=/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/IMAGES/?restart.ps3
    Code:
    http://localhost/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_2/boot_plugins.txt&to=/dev_hdd0/;/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_2/IMAGES/&to=/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/IMAGES/?restart.ps3
    Code:
    http://localhost/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_3/boot_plugins.txt&to=/dev_hdd0/;/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_3/IMAGES/&to=/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/IMAGES/?restart.ps3
    Code:
    http://localhost/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_4/boot_plugins.txt&to=/dev_hdd0/;/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_4/IMAGES/&to=/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/IMAGES/?restart.ps3
    Code:
    http://localhost/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_5/boot_plugins.txt&to=/dev_hdd0/;/copy.ps3/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/boot_plugins_5/IMAGES/&to=/dev_hdd0/game/BOOTPGTSW/USRDIR/IMAGES/?restart.ps3
    Would need a custom xai command for each one, so that we could add something like:
    Code:
    <Pair key="module_name"><String>xai_plugin</String></Pair>
    <Pair key="module_action"><String>sw_boot_plugins_txt_1</String></Pair>
    Code:
    <Pair key="module_name"><String>xai_plugin</String></Pair>
    <Pair key="module_action"><String>sw_boot_plugins_txt_2</String></Pair>
    etc
    etc

The abilty to be able to just use the copy command with the xai plugin and pass a variable on with it would be even better of course.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    kozarovv and bguerville like this.
  19. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Ok. I don't foresee any obstacle whatsoever... I will look into it as soon as possible & let you know.

Actually what bothers me more at the moment is the polling code used in wMM for pkg handling (remember how wMM checks every so often to see if a download is over for certain post download processes?). I would prefer to avoid this kind of code in a system plugin.
    That means having to find how to use the download_plugin.sprx or nas_plugin.sprx properly just like the system does...

bitsbubba, kozarovv and DeViL303 like this.
  20. 578
    deank

deank Developer

Can you redownload sman.sprx (1.10n) and test if unload is ok. It seems ok to me. http://deanbg.com/sman.sprx