Couple questions about pstv

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by Fin9ersMcGee, Sep 20, 2018.

1. 455
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Not quite sure this is the place for it, but mods feel free to move this thread to the correct place.

So I've had a PSTV for a few months. Had fun messing with all the homebrews and adrenaline (was amazed to see a full psp firmware emulator that allowed for a full psp expirience).
    I spent alot of time messing with an old external hard drive to work with the PSTV for 250gb of storage. Pretty sweet.

Once I'd exhausted every avenue of homebrew, I came to realise that, for me, the PSTV was perfect for ps1 games.
    I have a large amount of ripped discs from my collection on my PC so I went through the notion of converting them for use with Adrenaline. Which took a very long time.

Anyways, the first problem I hit was most of the conversions showed as corrupted data in Adrenaline, a few did work, but most corrupt.
    I initially fixed this by using AdrenalineBubbleManager to create the bubbles for each game. Again took a very long time but this allowed me to play every game. Sweet.
    But I don't really like the livearea and think it looks pretty lame having alphabetised folders with 10 games in each.

So basically, first question is this.
    Is there a way I can fix the corrupted data games to show up in Adrenaline? I much prefer launching Adrenaline from live area and using the psp XMB to browse ps1 games.

Second problem I'm facing is with automounting.
    I've tried usbmc and Storagemgr but they both fail to initialise mass storage.
    usbmc, nothing seems to happen when exiting h-encore app.
    Storagemgr on the other hand. After exiting h-encore app and taihen config is loaded, it pauses for about 5 or 6 seconds longer than usual before exiting to the livearea. So something is sort of trying to work but doesn't.

Any help on either of these questions would be very helpful.
    Thanks guys and gals

2. 1,871
    Berion

Berion Developer

Put games to "ms0:/PSP/GAME/<any folder name>/EBOOT.PBP" (ms0 i PSPEMU dir, set up in Adrenaline, in my case is "ur0:/PSPEMU/"). Other files are not needed (like i.e KEYS.BIN or DOCUMENT.DAT and all additional junk unpacked from PS3 PKG). At least, this works with original games, bought on PlayStation Store. I have never tried hand made (they are different, not encrypted as I know).

3. 455
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Yes, this is the directory structure I am using for the eboots. The only difference is I am using the categories_lite.prx plugin so I have a CAT_Ps1 folder between "/GAME/" and "/gametitle/".

I spent months ripping my ps1 collection years ago and its been sitting on a hard drive since, with occasional usage when I play games on emulator on pc.
    It may very well be actual data corruption lol

4. 10,230
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

categories lite is pretty buggy, at least on the psp. one of the sorting mechanics cuts off names, and one doesn't run pam files properly. it may not be set up for use with the vita considering it may not be using the same root directories. I know that the game folder works since I have hbsorter in there on the vita. maybe try a single game to see if it works? or try changing the sorting method from the system's tier. that'w where I discovered the two bugs that I mentioned. I stopped using it due to bugs, and I think the dev has stopped working on it anyway.

5. 1,871
    Berion

Berion Developer

Not all plugins works with fw 6.61, and not all with Adrenaline. Probably this is the reason why You see corrupted data in PSP XMB.

6. 455
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    I will try disabling the plugin and using the default directory path later today.
    Thanks for the suggestions

7. 455
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    I tried without any plugins running on adrenaline but I still have corrupted data :(

I settled on having the games on the livearea as bubbles and folders.
    Also use Onemenu to browse games more easily and much more elegant GUI.

But now I have a new problem...

So I booted up the pstv and went about the usual enabling of h-encore. And when I exited the menu to go back to the livearea I received an error message, didn't take too much of a look at what it was an error for as I was too hesitant with the circle button..
    It pointed to a directory.... Something with 'PSPCFW' in the file path, but I'm not sure.

Now, the console froze after this and rebooted.
    I started h-encore again and this time it worked fine.
    But now ALL my ps1 game bubbles do not work anymore. They show the boot animation where it zooms in on the background but it instantly zooms back out again to live area.

I have a few psp games/minis on this and they work perfectly... Which is strange to me as both psp and ps1 use adrenaline to play them...

If I launch adrenaline bubble manager, all my games are listed but text is white to show game bubble is not installed.
    If I install a game as a bubble, the process works fine and the new bubble is on livearea and boots into the game fine.

I have around 100 ps1 games that took forever to install bubbles for... I really really don't want to do that again :(

Any help appreciated