Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Creating my own EBOOT.PBP

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by Matthew Lobo, Dec 30, 2018.

1. 46
    Matthew Lobo

Matthew Lobo Member

So I was checking out the psdevwiki for psp to ps3 compatibility list and some of the working titles listed some games that needed me to create my own EBOOT.PBP so how do I exactly go around doing that? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

If this is for PSP, you shouldn't need to create your own EBOOT.PBP, just put the ISO into PSP2PS3 and convert it, I've had all my games I've tested but one work so far and I've yet to create any EBOOT.PBP file.

EDIT: You've also got to remember that some of these guides/lists are seriously old, some from March 2018 and some from years ago, what you're required to run them has changed quite drastically, like PS1/PS2 games don't need .rap files unless you download them from someone else who has pre-compiled a game into a .PKG.

3. 46
    Matthew Lobo

Matthew Lobo Member

Has any of those psp games you managed to run on HAN include Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness? I get stuck on an infinite loading screen and according to the psdevwiki that I need to generate my on EBOOT.PBP to make the game work. How do I exactly go on about doing that? I'm sorry if this question sounds noobish because I am very new to the PS3 and PSP hacking scene and any help is greatly appreciated.

4. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

I could always try this game out and see if it works or not for me, if not I'll see about finding out about the eboot.pbp

Matthew Lobo likes this.
  5. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Alright so, I have the same issue as you do, I get stuck on an infinite "Now Loading" screen, but when I googled Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness it says it's a remake of the PS2 game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

Maybe until you figure out your issue you can use that as a temporary, I'll leave that up to you.

EDIT: I am also looking into this EBOOT.PBP you were talking about, can you paste the link to the PSdevwiki you mentioned so I can read up on it?

Matthew Lobo likes this.
  6. 46
    Matthew Lobo

Matthew Lobo Member

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulator_Compatibility_List
    This is the wiki I was referring to.

7. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

8. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Can confirm game works when you use the EBOOT.PBP generated by SignFakeNPExpert.

This is what I did:

1. Use SignFakeNPExpert, select your Disgaea .iso file (I'm not sure if it accepts .bin or whatever) select Auto Resign and Use Fixed Key, click the save icon in the bottom left and save it wherever you want.

2. Use PSP2PS3 to convert your EBOOT.PBP file you made, then create PKG like normal.

3. Resign the file as normal using Resigner, then pop onto your USB, install it and it should load past the "Loading Now" screen within a few seconds, currently sitting at the main menu listening to the music.

sandungas and Matthew Lobo like this.
  9. 46
    Matthew Lobo

Matthew Lobo Member

Thanks a lot dude I will try replicating this process when I get home later.

10. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Also, Matthew, I would like to note that I got Gladiator Begins to work using the same method, you just need to make sure you grab the correct .ISO otherwise it will give you an error in SignFakeNPExpert.

Matthew Lobo likes this.
  11. 1
    Riskbreak

Riskbreak Forum Noob

I follow every step with Gladiator Begins , got black screen (need reboot), i try 2 times. Can u please send your Gladiator Begins Unsigned pkg? thx in advance.

(PS3 super slim HAN)

12. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Not sure, could just be a bad ISO file, message me on here or somewhere else and we can talk.

Riskbreak likes this.
Tags: