PS3 CUSTOM FIRMWARE 4.82

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Wissam Chahir, Nov 23, 2018.

1. 26
    Wissam Chahir

Wissam Chahir Member

Hi guys,
    So... I'm on 4.82 HAN (PS3Xploit v3), but the Online feature I guess only available in CFW right now (spoof to 4.83), plus that the games of HAN are limited, you always have to resign and do these stuff to convert games, when the CFW has ISO backup support.
    Anyway, I used MinVerChk in my PS3 and it shows 3.50, which means I'm ready to go with CFW. (I'M SWITCHING TO CFW).
    But still there some things that were not clear for me:
    • What do the QA flag means?
    • What's the differents between CEX/DEX? And which one has to be the best for me ? (Online, may mod GTA 5 and other games, Install so much DLCs and Updates)
    • What's the different between webMAN and webMAN Mod and s-MAN ? And is it worth install a plugin when I've multiMAN?
    • What is the best Custom Firmware?
    That was everything, I guess.
    Anyway, for the games format I use are (PS3_GAME) ISO and some PKG games, just want you to know if necessary for the questions.
    PLEASE, DO NOT COME IN COMMENTS AND TELL ME 'GOOGLE IT'.

2. 11,625
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

qa flagging is a set of debug settings. it's mostly used to install firmware whether downgrading or upgrading with update debug. you can even turn off the improper shutdown warning. cex is stock/retail; dex is debugging/development firmware. if you mod a lot of games, dex may be the way to go. wmm negates the need for multiman. it starts at boot up, and has a lot of nice features. sman -- never tried it. :-/ the best cfw is subjective. what most people seem to use is rebug, but there is no rebug 4.83, so you need to spoof if on cex. it's actually a hybrid of cex and dex which you can swap between them within a matter of seconds.

3. 26
    Wissam Chahir

Wissam Chahir Member

Thank you so much, got it all clear fast.
    And yes, I only mod GTA 5 probably.
    I'll go with CFW / REBUG / CEX / webMAN (for those who are asking).
    Thanks again.

4. 1,152
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Doing so poses a significant ban risk, as if another player reports you then it will bring it to Sony's attention much more effectively than if you went 'under the radar' so to speak and only performing minor tasks when online. Signing in to PSN while on CFW always has a ban risk, but you would be increasing that risk dramatically by openly playing online using a modded game.

pinky and STLcardsWS like this.
  5. 399
    dazzaXx

dazzaXx Member

XMB UI Editor/Coder, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Be warned with modding GTA 5 online on the PS3, a lot of malicious people are on there that trace players IP addresses as well as DDOS'ing and they usually target other modders as well so yeah, be warned.

Also don't get any random mod menus you find from dodgy sites, some .sprx menus could contain code that steals your PSID and IDPS so always get em from a reliable source.

EDIT: Also get PSN Patch if you plan to sign in online on CFW, it decreases the chance of getting banned, ive used it for years on the same account and still have yet to be banned but nothing is 100% ban-proof.

STLcardsWS and pinky like this.
  6. 8,855
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

• Once its toggled on the console you do not need to do it again, but allows you to move to CFW version much easier, installing a CFW of same version and higher is easy but going back is not this is where enabling QA flag is useful..
      • CEX is Retail Firmware
      • DEX is Debug Firmware
      • multiMAN (by deank) is a homebrew app - Contains many features and uses, should keep on the ps3. (other great options include ManaGunZ and IRISMAN)
      • webMAN (by deank) is a plugin version of multiMAN (sort of) but does differ and would not replace multiMAN fully (i would keep multiMAN or ManaGunz is another good option as a homebrew app), As they share some features they both offer different experiances and features sets as a whole.
      • S-MAN (eveloption of webMAN by deank) - is a varient of webMAN plugin with the sMAN UI
      • webMAN MOD (by aldostools) is a fork (modded) version of deank's webMAN/S_MAN plugins (Contains deanks amazing projects features and adds alot of new and unqiue features from aldostools as well making a great fork for max features) this forum has it own webMAN MOD subfoum with alot of info in the Ps3 homebrew section of the site about this project
      • MY OPINION is choose your favorite plugin (webMAN / SMAN / webMAN MOD) and also choose a favorite backup manager (homebrew app) multiMAN ManaGunZ or IRISMAN.. . Can't really go wrong with any other those choices.
      • REBUG CFW (www.rebug.me) is always a good choice..
      • For additional options install REBUG Toolbox. to keep it simple do not use rebug toolbox and enable various functions. best firmware and has the most options to make it advance but out of the gate simple.
      • We do not condone online mods or cheating and you will not get help and if this is not your purchased DLC you will not get any help either per site rules and guidlines

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    Louis Garry, lord3490 and pinky like this.
  7. 11,625
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

they summed it up better than I. :-p

8. 26
    Wissam Chahir

Wissam Chahir Member

Thanks guys a lot, SUPER BIG THANKS. Love ya ❤.