Redsquirrel86 is back following the initial release of Custom Themes Manager (CTM), with the release of version 2.0 the developer has created some new features that will allow you to use your own Custom Themes from a local folder, unlike in version 1.00 where your choice was from the download database that contained over 180+ Custom Themes. .There is a lot of changes and addition in this newly released VPK , checkout all the details of this application below.
Custom Themes Manager (CTM)
Custom Themes Manager will allow PS Vita & PlayStation TV owners who have there devices exploited on firmware 3.60 with the HENkaku exploit from Team molecule to install Custom Themes for the LiveArena., The utility will allow you to download a very large collection directly from with the homebrew app, nearly 200 themes can be downloaded and installed, but if you have your own Custom Themes then you can also install these with the latest update to version 2.00. See the next Tab for all the changes presented in this release
Note: this application takes part in the GekiHEN Hombrew Contest!
Changelog - v2.00
- Added a new menu to install a Custom Theme from a local folder already existing on the Memory Card: I chose the ux0:customtheme/ path because if you have to rebuild the database and so lose all your Custom Themes, in this way you'll can reinstall them again in no time.
Please note also that the folders must have the theme.xml file inside them (but not in other subfolders) to be detected by this function.
- Added a function to let the user to search for any keyword inside title, author or description of the Custom Themes in the online repository:
- Added a function to sort the Custom Themes in the online repository.
- Added an on-screen menu where the user can choose how to sort the Custom Themes in the online repository, such as by title, author, date or downloads number:
- Added a function to search for available updates directly inside the app (press SELECT on main menu).
- Added a function to download any available update (VPK package) directly inside the app.
- Added a function to launch molecularShell after the download to let the user to install the VPK package of the new version.
- Added the support for the PSVita front touchscreen in the main menu and in the online repository section.
- Added the thumbnail preview at the info screen before writing the Custom Themes' data into the database:
- Added a check for available space on Memory Card before to download and install a new Custom Theme
- Added a confirmation screen for the reboot option to avoid unintentional reboots:
- Added the downloads number in the Custom Theme's details page of the online repository:
- Fixed the "Unknown error code" message for network errors: now the proper description of the error should be displayed.
- Fixed a bug that returned to main menu instead of to the repository section when the user canceled the procedure to download all the preview images of the Custom Themes available
- Fixed a bug that removed some info/warning screens too quickly if the user kept pressed any button.
The browse function within the online repository page does extensive use of functions to load, manage, resize and show multiple images at screen. Also, since it is based on calls to a website, you might run into network errors or corruptions downloading images which obviously will cause bugs or crashes when the application will try to load them. In the many tests I did, as a result of the extensive use of the browse function in the online repository, sometimes I got into a GPU crash or screen freezes (but do not worry, they are rare and nothing that can not be solved with a simple reboot of the console). My advice, therefore, is to try to use the list view mode rather than the grid one when you need to browse a lot within the repository, for example to search for a specific Custom Theme, or simply avoid to change pages too frequently and quickly when using the grid view mode.
In the case of corruption of any downloaded image you can use the specific option to clear the cache so as to delete any corrupted files. Alternatively you can also just download again all the preview images with the specific function, so as to overwrite the problematic ones.
Bugs, Issues, Enhancements and Proposals
- You can report any bugs or issues, as well as suggestions for enhancements and proposals, using the project's official page on BitBucket you can find HERE.
PS VITA / PS TV Custom Themes Manager v2.0 - Install Themes Locally + Additional Features from Redsquirrel86
By STLcardsWS on Oct 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM
[Update July 13th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (July 13) - Now the 18th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - May 2019 Progress Report - 1337 pl4y4bl3 ~ 1337 1n64m3 :)That can't be an accident. Following up after the impressive Progress Report last Month, where we learned that over >40% of all PS3 Game Titles are now fully "Playable", today the great Team behind the PS3 Emulator RPCS3 showcases their newest Progress Report for May 2019 with another milestone. If you are a long follower of their great Project or maybe you are even enjoying your PS3 Game Titles on your PC right now (because "why not"?), you will be already familiar with the fact that most of the Game Titles tested on RPCS3 will at least boot up, but then you will experience Graphical Glitches, huge Slow-Downs or even you aren't able to play a Game Title to the End, which is sad (Damn you "Narco Terror" and "The Expendables 2: Videogame" why you still aren't bootable? :P). This is why in the past, the "Ingame" Status comprised most Game Titles in every Compatibility List. But for the first Time since it's Initial Release, the "Playable" Category ties the first place together with the "Ingame" Category with both 1337 Game Titles each. This means whatever Game Title you choose to play via RPCS3, there is a 43.71% Chance that it will be at least "Ingame". That's impressive don't you think? Oh, and sorry for the leetspeak at the Title. I mean come on, we are talking about 1337 Game Titles fully "Playable".Continue reading
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.3.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (6-27-2019): Version 2.3.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: