PSP CyanogenMod PSP by Joel16

Discussion in 'PSP Homebrew' started by Joel16, Oct 7, 2014.

1. 5,902
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I happen the like the new look, is it possible to offer the user a choice of which "dash" to use?

2. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Which dash? what do you mean, like the background? or like the KK or Lollipop version?

Oh yeah I forgot to say, the lollipop version is gonna be a bit different to what we used to see.

[​IMG]

Whenever something needs to use the navigation keys apart from the home screen or app drawer, it will be placed on the right side.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  3. 5,902
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Yes by "dash" I mean lollipop and KitKat styles of the shell. To give the end user a choice but I'm sure it isn't nearly as easy as swapping a skin in say multiMAN. Either looks good and I'm sure functionality is more important then the look. I'm happy you didn't abandon this or get discouraged.

BTW did you ever talk to your friend about implementing the use if the IR sensor like IR shell? And can it be linked to the built in Skype app to make calls? Use of Bluetooth for file transfer or DS3 pairing or would the use of the camera ever be a possibility. I know it would be a niche amount of users as I am sure the user base isn't that huge and would be a feature much further down the road but to see this as feature rich as possible and a real full XMB replacement upon boot fully working would be nothing short of amazing.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Oh I see what you mean, and yes I'll continue supporting both until I get the homebrew and back up loader working. After then I'll have to just work on one as maintaining both isn't as easy as it sounds. I was wanting to make it an in app thing, to change the styles but something in lollipop are gonna be different and is gonna require more resources.

About the iR sensor, I was never planning to implement it. I know I said, I want this to be something similar to the iR Shell, but I meant excluding the whole iR stuff. You do know the iR functions only works on the 1k right? And it'll be hard to maintain it by giving out test builds all the time, so I'm afraid I can't do that.

Lastly aboyt the BT module, unfortunately no one's ever reverse engineered it yet and my friend was having a difficult time getting it done. He did say he found out a few things about how it works but never got to fully reverse engineer it. I can't RE since I don't have expereince or knowledge about ASM haha. Its definitely something I want to do, but I'll have to rely on him to get it reversed fully for now.

Edit: Actually now that I see how much things I'll need to change for lollipop design, I don't think I'll plan to support the kit kat. I'll see what I can do though.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  5. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    For those of you wanting to check out the Lollipop version, you can try the version below. Starting from this version I'll be calling it "CyanogenPSP" and it'll continue on from version 4.0. There's a lot of differences in this version, and so many changes are required. Do NOT overwrite this with CyanogenMod PSP.

What's been "lolliop'd" so far:
    - File Manager
    - Gallery
    - Home screen, app drawer
    - Almost all of the settings. (Update center left out, also themes and security - since they're of no use yet)

If you can't click on music, clock or anything else it's because they haven't been revamped yet. Once revamped I'll allow them to be used.
    Another thing I'd like to say is, this version is only for changes in the Ui. It does not fix any bugs. Also once I fix the game/iso loading. I'll release a final version of the Kit kat version with this, so that it has more stability and features:)
    I hope no one's gonna hate me for the switch. I too liked kit kat version, but judging from the poll, more users want the lollipop version. And I want to give the users what they want (majority of course). anyway's Anyways here's some screenshots and the download link below.

Download CyanogenPSP Beta 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not gonna be posting this anywhere else but here, so what do you guys think? :)

6. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Just gonna leave this here. So sorry for the bad quality, it's my shitty screen recorder. Since this is running on PPSSPP the brightness slider doesn't work.

[video=youtube;GU7vR2w8t1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7vR2w8t1c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  7. 5,902
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    If its so much trouble I wouldn't press the issue of dual builds. But great work so far having a blast tinkering with it as my PSP hasn't seen much love since I got my PSTV but I think I'll text this out as well on TNV-10 later as well and see how it works on eCFW

8. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Thanks for the support as always. I'll see what I can do. I'll use two resporitories so I will try to keep both versions up to date :)

9. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    CyanoPSP 3.0 Brings Homebrew Loading through file manager

Finally got it implemented :) I would like to thank qwikrazor87 for helping me bring up the loadexec function, as well as Omega2058 for helping me with the brightness imports. I was instead trying to make things complicated for myself using kernel imports for loadexec and failed haha.
    There are some things to note however: For now, the homebrews can only be loaded using the file manager. Another thing is that PSP Go users can only the homebrew loader if you're running CyanoPSP from your M2 card. I'm planning to get this fixed for the next update (3.1), along with a fixed game loader instead of depending on the file manager. If you're wondering, I wont be releasing the lollipop version until things get more stable around here ;) We just took a big step to giving this more use, but it still needs more functionality.

Anyways 3.0 is finally here!

Change-log
    Code:
    Features:

- Added Eboot loading from file manager(Homebrew loading).
    - Allow access to view mp3 files in PSP/MUSIC and CyanogenMod/downloads for Apollo.
    - Minor cleaning up in gallery app.
    - Display what is being done in certain options. Display whether it was a success or not.
    - Fully Implemented brightness slider.
    - Unlock extra 4MB ram 
    - Add recursive deletion in file manager.
    - Added new menu, "Dumping Tools" under developer options. (Lets you dump UMD boot.bin, flash 0, flash 1 and memory)

Fixes:

- Fixed memory leaks in both Gallery and Apollo.
    - Fixed lagg on welcome screen (first time boot)
    - Fix up last two pages of system information in the recovery menu.
    - Fixed many unnoticed memory leaks in recovery menu.
    - Fix power menu crash, when pressing circle twice.
    - Completely Fixed back button misbehaviour on Apollo. (was being experimented in the previous release)
    Download CyanoPSP 3.0 (Homebrew loader has only been tested on PRO CFW, ME users please do report.) [MENTION=8]Tranced[/MENTION] I've made the full release on this update :) you can post it on the main page if you like.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  10. 5,902
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I don't have any data left on my phone but tomorrow I will grab it at work for everyone and test tomorrow night. I have my 2000 and Go to test so I'll give both a go. Thanks for all your hard work man.

11. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Thanks, will be looking forward to your report :)

12. 5,902
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Got the files so I'll report ASAP only 13 hours left on my shift lol

EDIT

Sorry my finger slipped and hit dislike on your post. Sorry man and there is no way to retract them as we had a discussion about that. It is only for the pro version of the boards which only adds the feature to remove dislike for a hefty fee. So sorry man arthritis is killing me this morning.

13. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    No worries mate, I understand :)
    and woah that's a lot of hours :eek:

14. 5,902
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Yea I do back to back 14 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday, but for $17.75 an hour I'll take it. I get my 60+ a week and run a small business on the side. But now I have a small issue if you would be so kind to help. I have tried to extract the files as it turns out I have my PSP Go on me. Well me and Mega have never gotten along with downloads and my ISP I use. I keep getting corrupted zip files after trying three times. My cell ISP doesn't have this issue but of course my data is capped at 17 kbps so that never actually seems to work as it drops in and out on speeds. Could you upload to Mediafire please? I always have good luck with those links. If you don't want that public cam you PM me the link? If not it would be nice to have a mirror. If you can't would one of our other users be so kind to help me out even if you don't have a PSP as I'm excited to give this a go tonight

15. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Wow that seems tiring :eek:. Sorry about the links, I was planning to do mirrors cause I do know how MEGA can be at certain times. Try this https://github.com/joel16/CyanoPSP/releases/tag/Stable I always upload it on my github repository/releases.

16. 5,902
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

It isn't bad as I have a easy job. I work for a country club for rich folks, just make drinks, smile, bullshit, run food and take a few tables. They take care of me for retirement, insurance, bonus checks and descent pay.

Been here for 7 years now with the same schedule since day one. Very much used to it, besides on the busy days the hours fly by while the cash rolls in. It has also made it easy to find PC work as this is a retirement community. They did not grow up with a PC so I get paid $45 an hour to show them how to copy/paste and make documents with the occasional spyware/virus removal.

Heck most if the time they just buy a new PC instead of fixing it. So data transfers happen a lot. And whenever Apple comes out with a new "i" device every 6 months they HAVE to upgrade to fell better then everyone else. Anyhow new link worked like a charm. Now back to your regular scheduled browsing.

17. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Oh that's good to hear, atleast you enjoy it :)

18. 5,902
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Yea I love my job, then again who doesn't love easy money?

19. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Maybe you should bring me there once I'm done with college haha :D

20. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    I got the game launcher working up and running now. So no need to depend on the file manager. Although it works very similar to the file manager, as in you have to choose the EBOOT.PBP from one of the folders in PSP/GAME, but it only lets you choose something from that folder, nothing else. I also have a place holder for ISO but of course it wont work, since I haven't *completely* ;) implemented it yet, it wont work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sadly no one has reported about the update yet, well that's understandable since its only been 2 days haha. I just want to know if you guys experience any random crashes when using any of the features in the recent update (mostly the game launcher), and if you do, can you press the home button and exit or not and bla bla. One of my main concern is if the game launching (through the file manager) will work on ME CFW, I know for sure it works on PRO CFW with a PSP Go (M2 card only), so please do let me know guys :)
    I gain most of my support here, so that's the only reason why I post so often here than on wololo.net/talk or any other site. I'll write up a better thankyou statement for everyone here later on :P

Edit: would also like to thank the PPSSPP Dev team for the menu layout :)