PSP CyanogenPSP [Official] v5.0

Discussion in 'PSP Homebrew' started by Joel16, Feb 27, 2015.

1. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    atreyu187, STLcardsWS and kozarovv like this.
  2. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Joel16 likes this.
  3. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Haha that's fine. I recently bought one and I've been making quite some progress with it. Just wanted to share it here since I spent most my time talking discussing updates for the PSP version here.

atreyu187 and kozarovv like this.
  4. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Few members here have 3DS, and you can always make a new thread in http://www.psx-place.com/forums/3ds.164/ We are focused on playstation consoles, but any homebrew project is welcome here. :)

Joel16 likes this.
  5. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    There will be a minor update to CyanogenPSP soon.
    Not any new features or anything but just a few changes to make theme-ing more extensive. A good friend of mine decided to create a theme from her favorite anime show, and ran through some problems because of certain limitations. Being an animation student, I must say her theme's done really well.
    Here's a video showcasing her theme:
    I don't intend to change the version name much. Maybe I might go with 6.0.1, but yeah. Along with a few other changes I'll just bundle the change-log with 6.0's. Nice to be here again :)

kozarovv, STLcardsWS and atreyu187 like this.
  6. 8,841
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Always good to see you :) .... Thanks for the preview always great to see new things. . Always been impressed with this project and now featured on multiple platforms. Job well done..

Joel16 likes this.
  7. 5,700
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Wish my poor Go didn't get bricked by Infinity install. Is there still a Vita dO SO compatibLE build?

Joel16 likes this.
  8. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Oh shit sorry about your GO. Yeah I didn't really like Infinity much either, and as always yes there will be a vita & ME/PRO cfw builds.

9. 5,700
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Yea sucks as I have no PSP at all anymore. My ex took my slim with my kid when they went on vaca and left it in the hotel room. Really sucked as that slim was capable of making not just using Pandora. And my kid accidentally updated my Vita to 3.60 as I forgot to run update blocker as she had never used my Vita prior to that but I am kinda glad she did as I am enjoying PSN. I need to get another anyhow to use my Cobra Blackfin.

And I still have PSTV's capable of all the Vita hacks native and CEF so not a total loss. And with Rejuvnate not being exactly portable even with Android it isn't to bad of a loss.

But glad to see this still has some life left in it. I have a 2DS I need to get hacked and my kids o3DS as well. Heck my WiiU is still 100% stock as well. Just not time to learn the ins and outs of the Nintendo world of hacks.

10. 11,587
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

hacking the wii-u isn't that difficult, so u should pick that up in no time. the 3ds, on the other hand, has seen a lot of progress with the a9lh hack which is the "golden" hack capable of doing pretty much anything. @Joel16 has a version of cyanogen for the 3ds as well. I haven't tested it out yet. oh, I'd be interested in hearing about how well the black fin works.

Joel16 likes this.
  11. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Jeez sounds like you've been through a lot recently. Lost one PSP after another. At least you still have the vita and the 3DS's.
    And yes @pinky I have an alpha build released for Cyanogen3DS but it's just basic menu-to-menu stuff at the moment. Still needs a lottttttt more work to be done, but its getting there slowly. And I should be able to release that final update for the PSP by this weekend, along with a few themes :p

pinky and atreyu187 like this.
  12. 11,587
    pinky

that's a 3dsx file loaded through the homebrew channel, correct? it may be possibly to change the home menu by default. there's a way to change the home menu look on gbatemp, but it's recommended u have a9lh installed since there's a brick risk, and u certainly don't want to go into the 3ds recovery menu since it will connect to the internet to download the latest firmware which is currently not downgradable.

Joel16 likes this.
  13. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Yes, I already have a9lh running on my n3DS, and also I haven't seen much about completely replacing the home menu, but i'll look into it. Right now the 3dsx builds acts as a replacement for the homebrew launcher. (Once I get more done with it of course).

pinky likes this.
  14. 11,587
    pinky

yeah, I have a9lh on an o3ds and a n3ds. for me, it took about six hours to do each one with all the nand backups and flashes throughout the process. I've seen some mods where people changed the color of the power button and the text when shutting off the system. I'm not sure how involved the process is though, but u better have a9lh to save from a brick.

ah, a replacement. is it setup as boot.3dsx? (think that's what the homebrew launcher is set as, but I can't quite remember).

Joel16 likes this.
  15. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Yes I believe it has something to do with boot.3dsx haha, once I make more progress I'll release it as a replacement for the hb launcher.

16. 11,587
    pinky

u should make a cia. the homebrew launcher, I believe, now uses a cia with its payload on the sd card. not sure if it uses boot.3dsx still (it might). I don't think it does, so u can load ur app from the home menu. :)

edit: I think it might still use the boot.3dsx according to the a9lh guide. it's still present.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  17. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Finally got the font issues sorted out. Just need to test this on my PSP to make sure everything's working as is when 6.0 was released. It was quite stable, so I hope I didn't break anything. On wololo.net, it seems PSP is still getting some homebrew love. There was a scanline pulgin released not too long ago, lamecraft mods still being worked on (It's come a long way compared to the original lamecraft) and quake engine mods and such, almost makes me want to keep working on this. There were somethings I never got to finish, like that messaging app and displaying game icons and what not. The only site that gave me support was this one, and I have nothing but respect for admins and mods here. Thanks for all the motivation guys! I don't think I'd come this far if it wasn't for the support I received here.

About the update, once I make sure everything is working as is, I'll release it sometime around the weekend. I wouldn't call it a major update or anything, and if you're not using any of the themes provided then there's no need to update :p

STLcardsWS and pinky like this.
  18. 11,587
    pinky

I hope I'm as much as a motivator. ;) u can barely code when u think of pinky. :p

Joel16 likes this.
  19. 434
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Well text colors definitely work, which makes themeing a lot more easier instead of having to adjust your textures to suit a preset font color. I really liked this SAO theme my friend made. She's an anime fan so you can expect an anime theme I guess haha.

[​IMG]

Also, I kinda figured out how to get ID3 tags. Thanks to gdljjrod for giving me an algorithm of how he implemented it. Just took a bit of modification and some thinking to figure it out. It works for some mp3 files, but not all. Some of them may crash, so I won't release this as yet. Here's a screenshot (with and without the SAO theme :p) I wasn't planning on implementing any new features but this might just be one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

STLcardsWS and kozarovv like this.
  20. 7,553
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Can be helpful, from wiki:

There are two unrelated versions of ID3: ID3v1 and ID3v2. ID3v1 takes the form of a 128-byte segment at the end of an MP3 file containing a fixed set of data fields. ID3v1.1 is a slight modification which adds a "track number" field at the expense of a slight shortening of the "comment" field. ID3v2 is structurally very different from ID3v1, consisting of an extensible set of "frames" located at the start of the file, each with a frame identifier (a three- or four-byte string) and one piece of data. 83 types of frames are declared in the ID3v2.4 specification, and applications can also define their own types. There are standard frames for containing cover art, BPM, copyright and license, lyrics, and arbitrary text and URL data, as well as other things. Three versions of ID3v2 have been documented, each of which has extended the frame definitions.

Nice theme, I love shades of grey (no, no, no, not that 50 shades that you girls think about now :p) base with some contrasting color for some parts.

Joel16 likes this.