PSP CyanogenPSP v5.3 Experimental Build 3 Released by Joel16

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 17, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Nov 17, 2015 at 7:32 AM
  1. 8,604
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

If you have been following the CyanogenPSP project by developer Joel16, then you already know what an exciting project this has been for the PSP and even the PS Vita community. Creator of this android interface for the PSP Joel16, presents Build 3 of his recent Experimental builds leading up to the final release. Where then the developer hopes to see others take on & add to the project. A project that seems to be gaining a bigger audience with every release, as this developer continues the trend of doing some great development of this application. All the details about Experimental Build 3 are provided as [break]s[/break] Joel16 tells us a bit about his latest progress on this impressive project for the homebrew community. .

NQ6o4EZ.png
    RED CyanogenPSP theme v1.1 using KR 54 Icon Pack - by King Rollo and SF_Arch_Rival font.

Downloads:

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Hizbi Khan
      Hizbi Khan
      hello guys..im a noob in here...i have the downloaded the eperimental build...but i dont know how to install it..and does this work with 6.60 pro-b cfw ? i have psp 3000-slim...can anyone help me?

guys i have downloaded the experimental build but dont know how to install...will this work with 6.60 pro-b10 ? please help me...i love this launcher !!! and why there is no video player in the app drawer in the screenshot?(the redblood theme screenshot)
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
    3. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      I have been following this project from the beginnings and am quite impressed by all the advances and add ons [MENTION=15]Joel16[/MENTION] has put into this wonderful project. I would recommend it to any and all CFW PSP owners. My only hope is for the torch to be carried on and we get to see much more come out of this project.
    4. Joel16
      Joel16
      Thanks for the mind words and support as always [MENTION=6]bitsbubba[/MENTION] :)

And [MENTION=18762]Hizbi Khan[/MENTION]
      Just extract the experimental build and copy the "CyanogenPSP" folder into your memory stick's PSP/GAME folder.

Edit: Its official, version 5.3 is a hundred commits above the last stable release (v5.2). With the change log nearing 100 hundred lines. (It includes all the changes provided in the experimental builds and a few new features and fixes)
      Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    5. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Can't find my USB cable for my PSP Go or I would have reported back by now but as always looks mighty amazing.
    6. Hizbi Khan
      Hizbi Khan
      thanks ....i checked the launcher ,,,but it crashes randomly. otherwise the launcher is very cool..but the quick settings dont work, i can pull down the menu but the slider, wifi,n other things in the quicks settings dont work,i dont know if my psp is problematic or the launcher is incomptible with my psp...and where is the auto loader?
    7. Joel16
      Joel16
      Neither me or anyone else have faced such issues. I feel like you're not doing something right. Try upgrading to latest PRO CFW from here: wololo.net/talk View topic - 6.61/6.60/6.39/6.35/6.20 PRO-C2 (14-02-2015) + Yoti mod
      Then retry it.
      Btw in case you didn't know, to use the slider you use the left/right buttons.
    8. Joel16
      Joel16
      [MENTION=2]STLcardsWS[/MENTION] [MENTION=8]Tranced[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION] [MENTION=3657]pinky[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]bitsbubba[/MENTION] and [MENTION=118]kozarovv[/MENTION] and other PSX place members :)

[​IMG]
    9. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Translated to my language! Nice! i missed that before in release notes.

Report :p - version 20151116 - PSP 2000 IPL 6.60 C2 - High memory layout with Cache for inferno disabled:

- Word poruszac - in polish translation is missing c letter (at welcome screen - first run)
      - Check updates option on turned off wifi is soft rebooting PSP to xmb (to be perfectly clear i opened then closed internet browser before, and it looks that step is needed to reproduce reboot.)

Nothing more for now, good job. And i have a question, are you using internal fonts? Or maybe is option to add some country fonts?
      Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    10. Joel16
      Joel16
      Thanks for the reports! I'll fix the issue with your language. About the updates option though, I haven't been able to fix that. It shouldn't be much of an issue since I'll shut it down anyway. This will be the final release after all :P

And no it doesn't use any internal fonts. It uses Roboto (the same one stock android uses). You can use the ttf2pgf converter to use your own custom fonts. You can then place the .pgf fonts in the "CyanogenPSP/system/fonts" directory, and then it'll show up under Settings->Display->Fonts->Font Style.
    11. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      If you are using this font: https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Roboto Then Polish translation is missing fonts (that should be included in roboto ,what can be checked there). Is not big problem but maybe translator just didn't know that he can use them? ążźćśęńłó :p
    12. Joel16
      Joel16
      No I think its because intrafont doesn't support that type of encoding. So those polish characters won't be displayed no matter what font you use. You can always try though. I tried a few but none of them worked.
    13. pinky
      pinky
      great work as always. I wish u the best with ur 3ds port.
      Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    14. Joel16
      Joel16
      So I finally managed to get the Travis-CI integration done correctly. Build #142 is the first build to pass :p https://travis-ci.org/joel16/CyanogenPSP I know I won't really be working on this anymore, but if something with my coding bugs me I might push a commit, and this can trigger automated builds with each new commit. So even if I don't provide builds you guys can get them done automatically without having to compile it on your own or anything. It's the same if someone decides to fork the project and submit pull requests. I can merge their commits and it will trigger new builds.

Oh and the final release should be released sometime next week if I can manage to get the minor issues sorted out :)
    15. Joel16
      Joel16
      Okay so I think I finally fixed all the issues we've had. I mean apart from those that are unfixable like the issue with the browser and unfinished features such as the massaging and calculator applications. I'm just waiting on some translations edits. Once that's done, I'll prepare for the final release for PSP (PRO/ME) and PS Vita ecfw. So the change log will be over 100 lines and there are 130 commits ahead of the last public release :)
    16. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Man I hope this can be ported to Rejuvenate and making bubbles like Vita Shell can do but excited for the ME and eCFW builds. Gonna use it as a replacement menu for ARK-4
    17. Joel16
      Joel16
      Looking at how badly the revitalize competition is on wololo.net (even with $1000 in prizes) I highly doubt anyone would port this particular homebrew over to rejuvenate lol. There's maybe a slight 5% chance, but I'm still skeptical about it.
      Anyways I think I should introduce the last new feature for this project. Back when I first released CyanogenPSP with the 'lollipop design', most of you did say you missed the dark GUI provided by the kit kat design on 'CyanoPSP'. I don't know if you guys have heard, but Android Marshmallow (6.0) introduced a new feature called Dark Theme which can be found under Developer Options. I decided to add just that :)

[​IMG]
    18. Joel16
      Joel16
      Here's a video preview of our last new feature :p

[video=youtube;jhFw2N-xiAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFw2N-xiAU[/video]
    19. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Are the builds ready?