PSP CyanogenPSP v6.0 [PRO] [ME] [PS Vita eCFW] is now available

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 15, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Dec 15, 2015 at 8:10 PM
  1. 8,604
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Developer Joel16 is here with his FINAL version of CyanogenPSP (v6.0) for PSP PRO/ME CFW and PS Vita eCFW. The changes in this version since the last official version is quite long and this update brings alot of new things, if you have been following the developer's Experimental Builds you have seen many of the changes but even with this Final Version there is plenty of new additions and polish added to many of the sleek features found in this Android Shell (UI). There is alot of information to digest in this update as Joel16 has been working hard on this project and the developer hopes other developer take an interest into the project and help build and add to it in the future.[break]s[/break] .

psp0.png
    Downloads:

Source:
    PSX-Place.com

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 15, 2015.

1. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Good job! [MENTION=15]Joel16[/MENTION] I will test it this weekend :)

[MENTION=15]Joel16[/MENTION] all versions are compiled with PSP_HEAP_SIZE_KB (20*1024) ? I will feel some difference when i use 52*1024? Like for testing purposes, Slim user here. Also which parts of code/files are fw dependent (pro,me,vita)? just asking because now i'm compiling everything just for fun (webman, cobra, CyanogenPSP? :p ). And i want to compile my version (just for myself) of PRO version. Btw. my psp sdk setup looks ok, i followed your steps on github with my setup (When i added pro headers it ask to overwrite, i answered yes). I compiled like it is now and i get all files. but i can't check them now on PSP..
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Moved your post :) .. You were commenting on my rough news draft .. [MENTION=15]Joel16[/MENTION] ^ as i do not think you would of received those mentions)

[MENTION=15]Joel16[/MENTION] very nice, i have seen this project continue to mature, has been a fun homebrew project to cover.
    3. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      [MENTION=15]Joel16[/MENTION] very awesome changelog, impressive release (no wonder changelog took so long :p)
    4. pinky
      pinky
      I'm gonna check this out this weekend when I fix the defiler on my pstv. a likes by [MENTION=6]bitsbubba[/MENTION]? his only advice to me was relax the throat. what a pervert!
    5. Joel16
      Joel16
      I don't think you'll feel much difference even with the heap size set to 52*1024. It does however unlock more memory for the homebrew to use, but I don't think it will improve the performance much. You can load more images before boot up, and omit all the unloading bits to make it wayyy smoother though. The thing is, when the heap size is set that high, it completely breaks the browser for some reason. Oh and you didn't really need those headers anymore since all of those headers and libs should be included in the source code itself due to some recent changes. I have updated the steps for compiling page in the wiki.
      For PRO you don't need to modify anything.
      For ME however, you should open "gamelauncher.c", and replace all contents of "MODE_INFERNO" to "MODE_MARCH33".
      For the PS-Vita, open main.c and comment out the following:
      Code:
              SceUID kModule[3];

kModule[0] = pspSdkLoadStartModule("modules/display.prx", PSP_MEMORY_PARTITION_KERNEL);
      	kModule[1] = pspSdkLoadStartModule("modules/control.prx", PSP_MEMORY_PARTITION_KERNEL);
      	kModule[2] = pspSdkLoadStartModule("modules/impose.prx", PSP_MEMORY_PARTITION_KERNEL);

int i;

for (i = 0; i < 3; i++)
      	{
      		if (kModule[i] < 0)
      		{
      			pspDebugScreenPrintf("Error 0x%08X starting module.\n", kModule[i]);
      			break;
      		}
      	}
      Code:

/*SceUID kModule[3];

kModule[0] = pspSdkLoadStartModule("modules/display.prx", PSP_MEMORY_PARTITION_KERNEL);
      	kModule[1] = pspSdkLoadStartModule("modules/control.prx", PSP_MEMORY_PARTITION_KERNEL);
      	kModule[2] = pspSdkLoadStartModule("modules/impose.prx", PSP_MEMORY_PARTITION_KERNEL);

int i;

for (i = 0; i < 3; i++)
      	{
      		if (kModule[i] < 0)
      		{
      			pspDebugScreenPrintf("Error 0x%08X starting module.\n", kModule[i]);
      			break;
      		}
      	}/*
      For the Vita, you can try messing with the heap size as I'm still not sure how much I can go up to. I used 20480 though. Oh and also make sure you have "rgb.bin" included in the system/settings folder cause if you don't, it will fail to boot. You can find it in the latest builds under that same directory.

Thank you for always giving my project an opportunity to be posted on the front page of your site! Because of this I gained so much support and motivation to come this far. Thanks so much!

Thanks for your support as always :)
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    6. pinkfloydviste
      pinkfloydviste
      [MENTION=15]Joel16[/MENTION]

This looks awesome brother. I'm going to have to blow the dust off my psp tomorrow morning and install this. I can see that this final version is going to blow the old test version I have on my PSP out of the water. Love the dedication.
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      View attachment 4379

:embarrassed:

[MENTION=15]Joel16[/MENTION] Thanks you explaining this :) I try mess with some available setting in code and test them out, like heap size, etc. But i will also try "clean" version to leave fair feedback here. :) THX again!
    8. pinky
      pinky
      I just tested this on the ps vita. the auto start plugin doesn't work. I also got an error when booting games - 80010087. I tested the games through normal tnv, and they worked without issue. I didn't test on the psp.
    9. Joel16
      Joel16
      Hmm I'm not sure about this. What ISO driver was TN-V using? And did you try the PS Vita build only? You could try the one for PRO or ME if you like. They just use different drivers, but they may not boot up at all since they load some psp kernel modules during start up unlike the Vita version.
    10. pinky
      pinky
      I'll try on my psp tomorrow. I don't recall which driver is being used with tn-v, but I think it's the inferno one. what would happen is that error would appear then I'd appear in tn-v again. I did test cso and iso, and both resulted in the same thing. I looked up the error, and it has something to do with the umd like it's checking if the game is in the umd. since the vita doesn't have a umd, it might explain the error. everything else that I tested worked fine. oh, also bubble blown games worked fine as well, 'cause one of the games I tested was Final Fantasy Type 0. I tested each game using normal methods if that error appeared. I did download the vita version, yes.
    11. Joel16
      Joel16
      Hm I'm not sure, Hack Informer told me it works just fine on the vita. I don't know if he tested any games though.