PS3 Delit Super Slim CELL ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Mods' started by Estox, Sep 19, 2019.

1. 1,979
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    You can separate the fan shaft from the motor itself, although good luck trying to put it back, i destroyed a 19 MNB-MAT, never managed to put it back, without scraping the chassis, the fan was wobbling even before the disassembly, after reassembly it only made it worse, even with all the parts properly inserted, the fan felt like it was about to come loose. After i got my current C04, it already came with a 19 Blade one, but the easiest way to lube it, its just from the hole above, and let it spread by itself.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

atreyu187 likes this.
  2. 7,034
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Sony used 3 different fan manufacturers for the PS3's. Delta, Nidec, and NMB-MAT
    If i remember right... the only ones where you can separate the blades are the NBM-MAT
    In nidec is imposible (im completly sure because i tryed it... with a drill... funny thing the fan survived the experiment)
    An delta is imposible too as far i remember

Algol likes this.
  3. 59
    raidriar

raidriar Forum Noob

How to separate 19 blade NMB-MAT then?

4. 7,034
    sandungas

I never did it with a PS3 fan, but i guess like an standard PC fan, you need to remove the sticker at the back, and it have like a gasket with a cut made of plastic holding the motor axis/shaft... use tweezers and/or needles to "open" the gasket without damaging it
    After that you can pull from the blades gently, clean old lube very well... and add new lube (good quality, not kitchen oil)
    And finally, when you assemble it again you place the plastic gasket in his position

5. 1,979
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    I still have the 19 Blade Fan stashed here, ill disassemble it again for you, and take a picture, its fairly easy, just pry of the black sticker covering the Fan Shaft, there is a little metal ring clamp that holds the shaft and the bearings together, you'll need to remember the bearings order, it can get quite tricky upon reassembly, mount the bearings wrong, and you'll have a chance for the fan to scape against the chassis or even the housing itself.

There are two metal bearings, 4 metal rings and 1 metal ring clamp, if i recall correctly, is has been ages since i took the 19 Blade apart.

The best way is like i mentioned before, just take the black circular tape covering the shaft, and add some lubricant on top, it should easily lube the two bearings.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

6. 59
    raidriar

raidriar Forum Noob

I will see if I can source a 19 blade fan, my idea is to take it apart and lube with synthetic motor oil for extended life

7. 121
    DoublesAdvocate

DoublesAdvocate Member

Has anyone tried just finding a third party fan to just flat out replace these? They were made for game consoles years ago so there's no way you cant find better quality ones with probably even longer lifespans and less noise.

8. 84
    neo88

neo88 Member

sandungas once you commented on an anecdote that happened to you doing maintenance to your console about closing the lid in a certain way to avoid making it short or something like that now I do not remember what model it was, I have a cousin who did maintenance on a slim and did not lit more.

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 7,034
    sandungas

I guess you mean this conversation:
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/overheat-problems-cell-delidding.25810/page-6#post-202315
    I mentioned it in post #101 of that thread for first time... but along that thread i wrote some more posts talking about it, please take a good read, is long and my english is not good enought to explain it well

And take a look at this photo from post #127
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/overheat-problems-cell-delidding.25810/page-7#post-202795
    You need to pay attention to that curved border marked with the black arrows, is designed with that curve on purpose to "grab" the other side of the sandwich
    [​IMG]

DeViL303 and neo88 like this.
  10. 84
    neo88

neo88 Member

thanks! men I tried to find them on my own but with the amount of messages you have here is like finding a needle in a haystack lol .

DeViL303 likes this.
  11. 7,034
    sandungas

I found it using the forum search engine with the keywords "shields" + "book", because i use to call that metal sheets "the interference shields", and i use to mention that "you need to close them like a book" :D

You know, first attach the curved border from the photo i posted... and after that you can "close it like a book" ;)

neo88 and DeViL303 like this.