PS3 Does Anyone Have This Issue W/ Webman Mod/MM?

Discussion in 'webMAN MOD' started by pinky, Feb 23, 2018.

1. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I'm having some difficulty getting ps2 games to work properly on my system. for some reason, after exiting a ps2 game, I can't boot anymore games from webman mod or multiman. both seem to have this same issue. webman mod will say webman mod not ready no matter which game it is. and, multiman simply won't load the game. plus, the sound in mm is distorted after this. does anyone know of a way to fix this? btw, psn games play fine before and after.

2. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I forgot to mention that psx and ps3 games play fine as well, so it has something to do with the ps2 emulator.

3. 3,491
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Try reinstalling your CFW. It looks like your vsh.self and/or stage2.bin got corrupted.
    If vsh.self was patched (e.g. by SEN Enabler) the hashes of stage2.bin must be updated or PSP/PS2 emulators will be broken.

pinky likes this.
  4. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

@aldostools , thanks for replying. I reinstalled the firmware which seems to have fixed mm, but webman mod still isn't loaded after exiting a ps2 game. it says something about a networking issue, but the wifi runs just fine on the system. no game will load, not even the config page. and, this is only after loading and exiting a ps2 game. it doesn't seem to matter if it's encrypted or just a simple iso. should webman mod have a prx in the boot_plugins.txt? all I have is psn patch. maybe that's what's wrong?

5. 467
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

just sayin, but ps2netemu does not have any hashes. besides, with new hashcalculation, there shouldn't be hash problems anymore

edit
    i am even using 4.81 pspemu files resigned for 4.21, where the hashes also haven't changed

ChrxnicMods likes this.
  6. 46
    JohnDhoe

JohnDhoe Forum Noob

That explains why Sen enabler downgrades my Cobra fw from 7.5 back to 7.31 :/

Any solution to bypass that corruption bcs every time i try to update the Cobra payload throught toolbox (7.31>7.52) the Ps2Emu wont boot afterwards

7. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

hmm. I had noticed that my cobra version mysteriously downgraded itself, and I had used sen enabler's spoof. retransferring over the cobra payload fixed it as did just reinstalling the firmware. however, I think I tried ps2 games with both cobra versions. I just now updated to the webman mod that was released a couple days ago. this time, the browser doesn't open when I load a ps2 game. I thought that the issue was no longer present, but nope - "webman not ready." am I supposed to get a "webman mod loaded" message after exiting a ps2 game?

8. 46
    JohnDhoe

JohnDhoe Forum Noob

How did you manage to update the cobra payload without corrupting the ps2emu?
    Each time i try to update from the Sen-Enabled Cobra Vsh, the ps2 emu gets corrupted...

9. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I just decrypted rebug 4.81.2 rex, took the payload from dev_blind/rebug/cobra , then dropped it in that same location. I even tried using the cobra from 4.82.1 and its rebug toolbox. in the box for cobra, it said multi, but if you used rebug toolbox before that, I forgot how I got it to say 3.54, but I think it was using a different rebug toolbox. I think the multi is due to the fact that you're using two different cobra versions - one for cex; another for dex. however, no matter what I try, I still can't get anything in webman mod to work after I boot a ps2 game. all psn content works without issue, and mm seems to work without issue, so I don't understand what the problem is. the error I get is 8071053d . nothing in webman mod works after this happens.

10. 52
    RealWelder

RealWelder Member

Did you ever get this worked out Pinky? It's very weird, I have 3 consoles. One is superslim so it's somewhat irrelevant to the PS2 Emu issue. However, the other two are a Phat G01 and a Slim 2001b. The phat model doesn't have the issue at all, but the slim does and I can't figure out why. Originally it would do it even after ending a PSX game, but now they seem to work.

11. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I was not able to figure it out. however, @atreyu187 told me he had some weird issue with wmm, and the only thing that fixed it was reformatting the hdd. I didn't try that.

edit: btw, I think the issue may be related to sen enabler and wmm bug.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  12. 52
    RealWelder

RealWelder Member

I just fixed it on mine. Don't ask me why it works, but it did. I got to thinking about what I did differently on this console because this is the only one I've had this issue with. On this one I put HFW on and without installing HEN or homebrew, used the tools at ps3xploit to dump and flash. Then I moved on to CFW and installed my homebrew. On all of my other consoles I actually installed HEN and then installed webman on HEN and Multiman on HEN before moving to Rebug.

Long story short, I deleted my homebrew including webman. Then I went back up to HFW, installed HEN, installed Webman and Multiman. Then I had to repatch my flash memory. Now I'm on Rebug 4.84 and don't have the issue anymore. It's almost like Webman has to bind to HEN before you move on to CFW in order to work properly. Also the XMB loads way faster coming out of PS2 emulation now. Webman's notification pops up just like when you first boot the system.

Maybe with this little bit of insight you guys can figure out how to fix the problem before it ever occurs.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    pinky likes this.
  13. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

hmm...that's interesting. the slim I had a problem with was never on hen though.

14. 52
    RealWelder

RealWelder Member

I misspoke earlier, I was on Rebug 4.85 after HEN and it was working, when I moved to Rebug 4.84 I started getting the issue again. However originally before I ever did the HEN thing, when I was on Rebug 4.85 I had the same issue as on 4.84. So I'm a little confused by it, but I'm going to keep messing with it. I could just stay on 4.85, but I'd rather not. lol

pinky likes this.
  15. 967
    Coro

Coro Member

try reinstalling what you are on. like when u installed hfw twice before hen.

pinky likes this.
  16. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I think it might be related to the ps2 bug with sen enabler. I can't remember the gist of it, but I do know that it can cause issues with ps2 play ability. something may have gotten screwed up with the hdd due to it. that's why I no longer use sen enabler. I'll have to ask atreyu what his issue was. anyway, it was recommended to try going into fsm (factory service mode), but I don't think that would've worked. it seems to be a mystery for the most part.

17. 52
    RealWelder

RealWelder Member

I just repeated my same steps, and this time when I got to 4.85 I got the error. Lol. So while it was in "Webman not ready" mode I went down and held L1 and click on the webman installer again. Now it's working again. Tested it 4 times thinking maybe it's one game vs another, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm now about to go back down to 4.84 and see what happens.

I've only used SEN enabler once, it was on my phat console, and I can tell you for sure that if you hit the "patch all" option in there it messes up PS2 emu. It starts doing the black screen hang until reinstall your FW.

Update: Moved down to 4.84 no issue. Then I rebooted and the issue started again. I'm gonna try reinstalling 4.84 over top of itself to see if that helps.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  18. 13,030
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

not sure man. it's a weird problem. it's been a while since I've been in sen enabler, but it should have an ofw and cfw mode. I'm not sure about "patch all" either.

19. 52
    RealWelder

RealWelder Member

Hey guys I just found something else out that could resolve this issue, if someone has the know how. I tried multiple different versions of webman, all the way back to 1.45, but each one has the same issue. So I decided to try sman. sman doesn't do it, in fact, sman even has the game still mounted when you return back to the XMB. If someone could (or help me to try to) break down the sman.sprx and compare it to webman we could maybe solve the issue. I am starting to think it's a simple timing out issue, that might be rectified by just changing a number somewhere.

20. 18
    jsantos1980

jsantos1980 Member

Hi.
    I've a PS3 slim CECH 2004 A. Few days ago I've installed Rebug Lite 4.85 and Rebug Toolbox. Then I've add Multiman and Webman
    I'm getting an issue using Multiman :
    - It appears on XMB not as an icon, but instead as a folder
    - When I go to contents ( with webman and multiman inside ) and select Multiman, I go to file manager and it freezes - nothing happens
    So I have to exit to XMB menu.
    Did I make anything wrong when installing
    Rebug Lite 4.85 or I must enable any feature, to put everything working fine?

Regards

Attached Files: