PS3 does EX-Trooper support dualshock 4?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by blueagent, Jan 24, 2020.

1. 25
    blueagent

blueagent Forum Noob

someone sold me a counterfeit ps3 controller a while ago. the sixaxis packaging looked so authentic that i thought it was the real deal, until it died after a full charge. i got into an argument with the seller and he threatened to have his triad buddies come beat me up if i rat him out to the cops, so i'm out 40 dollars.

i've been looking online but its near impossible to tell counterfeits apart, so i was thinking of just going to the sony store and buy their guaranteed genuine dualshock4 to play ex-trooper on the ps3, does anyone know if it will work or not?

please, it would help me a great deal if someone here with dualshock4 can test extrooper out for me. i would be eternally grateful to you.

thank you so much in advance for letting me know!

PS: i read that dualshock4 would only work with a small number of games, so that's why i asked. ex-trooper uses standard controls, so as long as the game character can walk around and shoot with the dualshock 4, its already good enough.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  2. 909
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Yes you can use DS4 on the PS3:

Algol and DeViL303 like this.
  3. 8,072
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

I think you misread, Not all games support DS4, he is asking if this specific game works.

Also you can't use it to access the recovery menu afaik.

4. 909
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    I dont have a PS4 or DS4 so I didnt know sry

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 25
    blueagent

blueagent Forum Noob

the only official compatibility list of ps3 games that are compatible with the dualshock 4, had only listed U.S region games. i tried checking the japanese dualshock 4 list but it doesn't seem to exists.

there are so many counterfeit dualshock3 out there with authentic looking packaging, its impossible to tell. that's why i tried to buy a sixaxis because i thought there weren't any sixaxis fakes back then, but i was wrong, and i got scammed, then i got involved with a dangerous criminal who sold it.... i'm just so tired of looking for DS3s, i just don't want to get scammed again. in contrast, there are so many genuine dualshock4 everywhere and i can even buy them from sony directly.

i only need to know if the dualshock 4 will work with ex-trooper or not, i don't mind if the DS4 won't work with any other game. extrooper is the only game i want to play for now. please if anyone can do some testing for me, please, please please let me know. thank you so much!