Doesn't the file "SEN_Enabler.sprx" placed in hdd0 root make it kind of obvious to $ony?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by joe7dust, Dec 18, 2017.

1. 145
    joe7dust

joe7dust Member

Seems like it defeats the purpose of using stealth app like SENenabler in the first place...

2. 12,268
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I think I've mentioned this before, but Nintendo's ap strategy was to write a small file to the cartridge; if successful, you were using a flash cart. if you're using stealth mode, this shouldn't be possible. it may work the same with what sony can see. however, I was recently banned so maybe they can see this stuff. I would think sony would be limited though considering the ps3 is encryption upon encryption. if there was a way to see everything on the ps3, it would be hacker bait.

UniqueUserName likes this.
  3. 145
    joe7dust

joe7dust Member

I would be very surprised if Sony cannot see a file on the root directory of the hard drive... basic info like this should be available to them. An example (albeit not a very good one) sometimes if you try to install certain PKG it will tell you already have it installed, do you want to overwrite anyway. The nintendo ap method doesn't sound very effective, should be easy to turn off write access during gameplay. Heck a lot of sd cards have a little physical switch you can flip for that.

4. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    you can put it anywhere you want to, you just need to change the path in boot_plugin.txt which coincidentally is on hdd root and can't be moved so now you have that dilemma

5. 145
    joe7dust

joe7dust Member

I would think they can at very least index your entire HDD if they really wanted to.

6. 12,268
    pinky

I don't know. what they can see and what they can't is just speculation. no one but sony knows this.

7. 12,268
    pinky

btw, the Nintendo method was meant to be the easiest way to determine if someone was doing something they shouldn't. I believe sony's approach is the same. I doubt they're looking at syscalls or looking at the hdd itself. honestly, I believe sony just assumes someone is on cfw with very little evidence to back it up, and their bans are final regardless.

8. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    maybe they're accessing database

9. 12,268
    pinky

iirc, the database is here: dev_hdd0/mms/db . that's where the indexer is located. it's added to every time you install a game, dlc, or update. saves and profiles are located here too.

10. 145
    joe7dust

joe7dust Member

I don't get the point of bringing the database into this discussion? They can probably see anything on your hdd.

11. 12,268
    pinky

if that were the case, it wouldn't take years for people not to be banned.

12. 145
    joe7dust

joe7dust Member

I mean they probably don't in most cases for fear of privacy concerns backlash but I'm sure if law enforcement pressed them or something then it would not be difficult for them.

13. 12,268
    pinky

honestly, if you're this afraid of being banned, you should either be on ofw or never sign in to psn. no one knows what sony looks at. however, sony's official website refers to these as complaints that are inspected then a decision is reached. who knows who makes the complaint. they even say that if your press the matter with customer service, you won't get a detailed reason. I've seen the pos xbox directory responsible for bannings, but I've never seen the pos sony one. lol

14. 145
    joe7dust

joe7dust Member

Definitely not worried about it. The only online game I invested time in was destiny 1 and I got the system over a year ago cheap at a pawn shop. Just curious about how they do things and like to hypothesize in general.

When I saw this SENenabler file sticking out like a sore thumb (only non-directory entry in hdd0 root) and realized what the app supposedly does I had a good laugh and felt like sharing here.

15. 12,268
    pinky

well, bannings are inevitable when it comes to cfw on any system. in fact, there's a list of banning reasons and software modification is at the top of the list. this involves any unofficial software.

sony should just admit defeat since you can easily unban both a system as well as profile. it's just embarrassing what they're doing and what they've been doing. remember: sony said that the ps3 was unhackable yet according to geohot, it was hacked in five weeks. I don't believe they had any safeguards in place. however, microsoft did. you can insure a ban on xbl if you sign in with a jtag/rgh/rjtag. however, since it was pointless to still fight this battle, they don't seem to care about those with a cfw optical drives. sony is just pissed, because hackers made them look stupid which they are at that. ;lol

16. 145
    joe7dust

joe7dust Member

I am not surprised that you can unban a console since you can just buy someone elses CID and spoof MAC etc, but how the heck would you unban a profile (assuming profile = psn account?).

I think CFW can be safer than what you mentioned, as I played online with my XB360 for years mostly on major popular titles such as Black Ops.

17. 12,268
    pinky

though, I've never done it, I believe you can spoof the profile id by changing the psid (account id). I was looking at the xregistry, and I think that's in there, the permanent one, which may be changeable.

you can't play online with a jtag PERIOD.. you're likely to be banned almost instantly. the reason is that the kv has been tampered with. this isn't an issue with a cfw drive which doesn't touch the kv. there was a way to spoof different drives, but afaik, you no longer can. the reason may also be the kv which has which drive should be in the console.

18. 145
    joe7dust

joe7dust Member

It was very easy, just needed to flash a custom FW onto the optical drive of the 360. I NEVER got banned playing my "backups" online in multiplayer games. The most "difficult" part was having a nice dual layer burner on your pc (which is the beginning had cost about $100) and buying the blanks. Eventually they started putting out games on 4.7GB worth of data per layer, but someone came out with a custom FW for overburning your own (on a $20 model dual layer burner drive).

19. 12,268
    pinky

yes, that's xgd 3 which probably stands for xbox game disc version 3. the early 360 discs were xgd 2. xgd 3 use more data, almost the entire disc. iirc, xgd 2 games were 7.05GBs. and some other number that I can't recall. like the wii, every game was the same size. the person responsible for cfw on the 360 was c4eva, named after his love of the commodore 64 I believe..

20. 12,268
    pinky

in case you're interested, I believe wii games were 4.37GBs. I still can't recall the second size of xgd 2 games. lol. xgd 1, I believe is the original xbox.. I think you need a special burner for xgd 3. you might be able to oveburn though. unless something has changed that I'm not aware of, you can't fix a game if the padding has been removed. that is with a cfw, optical drive. it seems to have something to do with the disc vertices