Dump PSN games or pkgj downloads as pkg?

Discussion in 'HENkaku' started by Estox, May 14, 2019.

1. 51
    Estox

Estox Forum Noob

Hey guys,

Actually I dive more and more into the vita scene. I noticed there is much different compared to the ps3 scene I'm comming from so pls be patient when I hit some stupidly questions that are very common in the vita scene Im so sorry for that xD

I just bought a new ps vita game called "shakedown hawaii" in the ps store, and downloaded some games via PKGj. So its fine they working but some days, perhaps just in YEARS the servers will shut down and I got no chance to reinstall it when my vita crashes or I just need to reinstall it for some reason.

So I like to dump all my games just like on ps3 so I got my own archive. But dunping vita games isn't so easy like on psp, ps3 ps2 and ps1.

Now my question. Is there any way to dump my DOWNLOADED GAMES vita games as a reinstallable vpk or something ? I got this nodrm plugin if this is in any kind usefull for this. I use this for fske license to copy my cardridge games to memory card. Don't know if there is a vise versa.

To make clear i do not need a way to make a vpk out of my cardridge dumps cause I still got my cardridges as a backup I can redump them any time but.

I need a way to converte installed psn or pkgj games as a vpk so that I can backup them on my NAS and install them some days back on my vita if needed.

Thx for all your replys!

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. 4,687
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
    Simply install NoNPDRM plugin, then just backup the folder or cart to a HDD or whoever you want to archive the game. It's just a simple copy and paste with Vitashell bro. You don't want VPK or MaiDump as those games can't be updated from Sony servers and require decrypted updated and DLC to work. NoNPDRM allows you to run encrypted games perfectly. I'd also ditch H-Encore by Dow downgrading to 3.60 so you can have Enso which is permanent and a far superior hack. Then install ReF00D plugin as well. This way you can run any game no matter the firmware on 3.60.

Estox likes this.
  3. 10,230
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

mai dumps don't work with nonpdrm. I bought some tales of hearts r dlc from the psn store. mai dump is supposed to copy the content from the addcont folder to the app/title id/dlc folder, but it didn't so it ended up screwing up my dlc, since it's decrypted with an encrypted game. iirc, the work, tail, etc. files of a mai dump are nearly empty if not empty while the nonpdrm files are left intact. pfs is also removed (no pfs folder with mai dumps). the licenses with mai dumps look right, but the ones with nonpdrm are empty aside from one key (no personal information). the key is the same for all games, possibly all content with the only difference being the content id. I'm not really sure how it works, but I'm assuming it's giving content a free license.

Estox likes this.
  4. 51
    Estox

Estox Forum Noob

I allready using NoDRM and reFood, on 3.60 such a great firmware/plugin combination. I recently bought an vita slim 2016 on 3.67 I jailbroke it and already downgraded it to 3.60 installed enso and all needed plugins, just waitin for the delivery of my sd2vita, than im starting to copy my games from my old psvita 1000 over to the new slim. Don't worry my loved vita PHAT will stay in my collection love it xD

Oh man yeah such simple! AWESOME! I thought I have to make a vpk. Thats awesome.

I know where games are stored but where are dlc and updates stored in wich folder on ux0? Can I also just copy them?

Thx guys for your detailed reply, awesome community here on psx place :)

5. 10,230
    pinky

dlc - appcont; updates - patch folder. both folders are on the root of ux0.

Estox likes this.
  6. 4,687
    atreyu187

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

Yup everything is just copy and paste. There is a new update to NoNPDRM it's an unofficial build but was added to the official git just not compiled so someone did it for him. Now all PSN content is supported. And I prefer the 1000 by a mile over the slim. Also try IMCUnlock if you haven't for the phat. Also the internal SD for the 3G port is much nicer IMO. And even if it's a WiFi model you can still install and use it. This keeps your game card slot open and IMCUnlock adds the internal space for a MC the Slim's have.

7. 10,230
    pinky

you may need to delete the id.dat also, which I think can be unlinked (deleted) in henkaku settings. it contains console-specific information including device id and firmware version, which seems to be updated only when signing into psn. my id.dat says 3.68 (I spoofed to sign in to psn), but I'm on 3.65. this file will be recreated if undetected at next boot.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    atreyu187 likes this.
  8. 4,687
    atreyu187

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

Yeah if you wanna just swap cards. Me and @pinky wrote some very good Vita guides here back in the day. He has covered pretty much any system in the 128 bit era like 360 and PS3. As well as some good Wii U guides. We did a pretty through job of Vita and PS3 together. Quiet proud of the work we did in that area.

Estox and pinky like this.
  9. 10,230
    pinky

here's info on the id.dat: https://playstationdev.wiki/psvitadevwiki/index.php?title=Id.dat

I actually redid everything separately on both the via and the pstv to rid myself of a banned account. I have a backup of my vita files (including user-related files from the flash) on three hdds. I looked at the id.dat of my pstv on them recently, since it contains the psn name, and I discovered that I had an old backup with my old psn account, so I redid it. the system should force a format on system if it detects a different account on the memory card. I think it derives this information from the system.dreg. it's not on the memory card. you can actually decrypt it on the system or on the pc with a fixreg and the system.ireg. the system.dreg can't be decrypted without the ireg. iirc, they're both in the same folder. you'll have to find fixreg elsewhere. it fixes the hashes of system.dreg. I don't know what happens if that isn't used, possibly corruption. since it's vita equivalent of the xregistry, it will probably be like a system restore, which may force a format of the memory card.

Estox likes this.
  10. 51
    Estox

Estox Forum Noob

Thx for your replys. Yeah I own both the phat and the slim vita. The phat vita got a much better LED screen, but the speakers are trash and its damn heavy, the slim is much thiner and lighter and got much clearer sound. Sadly the slim got an lcd screen.

If the slim would also has an led screen we all had to be fair this would be the better vita.

I own a big playstation collection about 600 physical games and various Revisions of playstation systems, 18 If you like to count so you see I HAVE TO own both vitas xD

But for now I also pref my 1100 vita and yeah I already using the internal PSVSD adaptor its amazin' because it do not block my PSV game port like sd2vita does.
    So my vita 1100 is my game card ripping mashine haha. With the sd2vita adaptor you have to take it out, place your gamecard ftp it to pc and than back to sd2vita or rip to ur0 and vise versa, thats dumb. with the internal sd you can go straight forward

I buy all my games and 90% physicaly, some times psn only games. Sometimes because of laziness I download my card games with pkgj so that I don't have to rip them, much easyer xD

But now Im able to backup all my games, dlc and updates, thats awsome, makes me complete independent from psn, that we all know will some day cut of like on the psp. So hack all your systems and back your games up for future. Some days we will lost the ability to buy physical games and the game industry is not interested in archiving every little game nobody is talking about anymore so we have to to for our own

look at the xbox all digital if this is someday shutdown from xbl and your hdd brakes, this system is without CFW unsusable trash. I never got a cfw for pirating but always for backing up my bought content, sony will someday delete. So sad to see the all digital trend