The day has arrived as we see Ensō released, this "evolution of HENkaku" is a permanently injected hack that does not need to re-authentication or re-executed in the way HENkaku or TaiHEN has required in the past. Essentially this act as a Custom Firmware would for the PSP or the PS3 as we have seen the power of HENkaku and TaiHEN (CFW Framework of HENkaku) for awhile now, but this permanent solution has finally seen the official release after an early test version was leaked months ago. This is a huge project and bugs more then likely are present, while the team has a long successful test period there is always potential for problems, so use anything like this at your own risk. Checkout all the details from Team Molecule creators of this new progression from the original team behind the HENkaku exploit.
Need Homebrew for newly exploited device? Checkout resources such as our own PS Vita / PlayStation Download Section , also another great resource if the VitaDB.
Custom firmware for PS Vita + PlayStation TVDoes this work with firmware 3.61/3.63/3.65?
HENkaku Ensō is the evolution of the HENkaku jailbreak that opened the PS Vita and PSTV to a new universe of customization and user created content. Install it once and your Vita will be permanently hacked--no need to apply it after each reboot. Just enable HENkaku, install the following vpk, launch it, and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I use this "vpk"?
Will this harm my Vita?
- You need to install HENkaku first. Then open up molecularShell and press "Start" to enable the FTP server. Then connect using a FTP client and copy the vpk to "ux0:/data". On your Vita, browse to "ux0:/data" and select the vpk to install it. Then you should have a new bubble in LiveArea which you can launch to install ensō.
How do I uninstall Ensō?
- The short answer is "not likely." The long answer is that it does make permanent modifications to your system so there's always the chance that something goes wrong. However, we had months of testing done by over a hundred testers without any major problem so we are fairly confident in the code. Nevertheless, we will not provide any warranty if something wrong does happen so if you do not wish to take the risk, we recommend using the HENkaku offline installer as a risk-free alternative.
- First, note that you can "deactivate" ensō without uninstalling it by deleting "ur0:tai/boot_config.txt". You can "reactivate" it again by opening the ensō installer and using the Square option to fix the boot config. Otherwise, you can fully uninstall ensō with the Triangle option. Note that if you no longer wish to use HENkaku, you should clean up any installed homebrew before uninstalling ensō.
Help! I installed a bad taiHEN plugin and my Vita doesn't boot anymore!
Help! I messed up something else and my Vita doesn't boot anymore!
- You can disable taiHEN plugin loading by holding L during boot.
- You can reset all Vita settings (including non-hack related ones) from safe mode by selecting "Restore the PS Vita System". You can also enter safe mode by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery during a failed boot loop. Note this does not uninstall ensō but keeps it inactive. To reactivate it, you must run the ensō installer and use the Square option to fix the boot config.
Can I see the source?
- We are currently polishing up the source and it will be released soon. If you are a developer, you can contact us about early access. Here is more information on who we are.
PS VITA / PS TV Ensō - Custom FIrmware (?) on PS Vita / PSTV (the evolution of HENkaku arrives officially)
By STLcardsWS on Jul 28, 2017 at 10:32 PM
4.85 Flash Writer Released (CFW PS3 Models Only) - Now go from 4.85 OFW to 4.85 HFW to a 4.85 CFWIt looks like the 4.85 landscape is starting to take shape now as developer's around the scene have been updated the homebrew, utilities and tools that require updates (not all things require updates) and now the PS3Xploit Team released one of the missing pieces. The Flash Writer for 4.85 HFW has now arose and now you can make the jump from 4.85 OFW >> 4.85 HFW >> Execute Flash Writer >>> Install a 4.85 CFW. This release (utility) is ONLY for PlayStation 3 models that can install a Custom FirmWare, if your model can not install a CFW then look at PS3HEN as the next best alternative to cfw, which the team has an update around the corner as well (stay tuned for that soon), but back to the Flash Writer, If your are new to the tool that is executed from the PS3 Internet Browser, it simply provides those cfw capable models with the ability to install a Custom Firmware after the tool has done its magic to your console's internal flash. However, you must follow all instructions for a clean installation to avoid any issues during the process on the fully softmod exploit..Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by ZarDeveloper @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.Continue reading
IRISMAN + webMAN MOD - Updated with 4.85 CEX SupportDeveloper @aldostools recently updated two great projects of his with 4.85 firmware (cex) support. When the releases appeared over at brewology.com they were added to the 4.85 Update/CFW thread > here < but i wanted to get something up on the mainpage for the two apps as there are staples in the PS3 library of homebrew fame. For those whom may be new to PS3 homebrew, IRISMAN is a Game Manager (aka Backup Manager) that provides many features, While multiMAN / IRISMAN & ManaGunZ are all excellent Game Manager's they are all unique from each other, while all sharing the essentials. So no choice of the three is a bad one, but all 3 are different, IRISMAN is a fork from an earlier PS3 Homebrew Manager called IRIS Manager by Estwald & D_Skywalk but aldostools has taken the foundation of that project to new levels by adding a TON of functionality,.. Which bring us to Aldostools other project of webMAN MOD which is a fork of deank's original webMAN plugin. deank made a spectacular foundation and down right great plugin, but as the scene advanced developer aldostools stepped in with other devs and formed webMAN MOD fork and since that forked spawned developer aldostools has created one hell of a plugin with tons of functionality and great features. This plugin allow offers more features then all Sony Firmware updates combined and that is even close to being a discussion. These are to great projects to explore if you have not.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Jonathan Sanmiguel