PS3 Error (80023017)

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Besart Shabani, Oct 29, 2018.

1. 1
    Besart Shabani

Besart Shabani Forum Noob

Youth Worker
    Dear All,

I'm having issues with my PS3, I'm trying to use Youtube or Prime or even Playstation Store i get the same message - An error has occurred. (80023017) which i can't log into my ps network.
    I did restore it SEVERAL time yet no luck!
    I'm having the same issues for the past 3 weeks, probably it's the new update but i don't know if my PS3 is jailbroken or anything because i did updated before and worked perfectly fine.
    i have this ps for at least 3 years and i dont know if the person who had it before me did chip it or jailbreak it!
    My network works fine, i tried it with Wire and Wire-less options but still had the same problem couldn't sign in into ps network (everything was fine when internet was tested only psn failed)
    Please Help.

Attached Files:

2. 33
    emelin.2004

emelin.2004 Forum Noob

Is your ps3 jailbroken? Maybe You have psnPatch plugin and it doesn't allow you to login. If You aren't sure try this combination of buttons: L3+R3+R2. That is key combo for pspatch disabling.

3. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

If ever you updated to 4.83 without specifically installing a CFW then you are currently on OFW 4.83 & lost any jailbreak if ever the console was jailbroken in the first place.
    Anyway what model of console is it? Look at the back of it, the model reference starts with CECH-...

The error code is related to PSN for sure (SCE_NP_COMMERCE2_ERROR_SERVER_UNKNOWN) but the reason for the error is unclear.

Can you try creating a new ps3 user account & use it to sign up to a new PSN account? Report success or failure with error code or screenshot.

4. 1
    Ecstasy

Ecstasy Forum Noob

I had this error, and thanks to the plain text part of the code i was able to solve this for myself. For me, the error had to do with NP Environment being set to sp-int by default after a CFW installation instead of np.