PS3 Fan utility without modding?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by SiAScORCH, Dec 1, 2019.

1. 2
    SiAScORCH

SiAScORCH Forum Noob

I'm brand new here, and I just purchased a ps3 a couple months back and I don't like the temps of it, so I would like to install something to control the fan.

My question is, can I simply ONLY install a control fan utility thing, or do I need to install or mod the system? I'm unsure if it's even possible.

I have a Slim PS3, CECH2501A and I'm running the current firmware 4.85. I would be really grateful for any help regarding this as I've found so many contradicting videos and post saying you can't do it if you're not a 20 or 21 model and on 4.85. So I'm a bit confused.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. 1,789
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    If you are running CFW or HEN, then Webman Mod is the go to tool for the Fan Utility Control, however, if your goal is to remain on OFW, then your only choice is to install a potentiometer into the 5V Fan, which is an internal mod, as there are no way to configure the Fan Speeds on OFW.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Algol likes this.
  3. 7,262
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

For better fan control on OFW these mods are the best IMO , No need for any soldering, its just fits inline on the fan cable, fit and forget. Allows you to choose a boost of 10% to 100% on top of normal fan speeds,

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Playstation...celerator-Controller-resist-YLOD/190647913368

upload_2019-12-2_14-23-49.png

You can get variations that behave differently, for example some will let you set a minimum, with the console still taking over if it goes above that.

wrx884 likes this.
  4. 410
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

There are no fan control utility for OFW. You need CFW or HEN for fan control.

Otherwise there are all kind of fancy external fan devices for PS3 (check ebay). I don't know how effective they are.

5. 2
    SiAScORCH

SiAScORCH Forum Noob

Thank you all for the quick responses. That's what I was looking for information wise. I don't really want to open the system unless I have to so I ended up doing the hen and webman thing and set the fan on 45%. Thanks again. I hope you all have a good night.

DeViL303 likes this.