Fastest way to transfer 1.3TB to my PS3

Discussion in 'multiMAN' started by scampo, May 16, 2019 at 8:55 AM.

1. 36
    scampo

scampo Forum Noob

Driver
    I want to make a back up ps3 for when this PS3 inevitably explodes with no warning. right now I have …

#1 A PS3 filled to the top with my favorite things
    #2 a pretty complete backup on a NTFS external drive
    #3 a empty parking spot on my PC of 2 TB
    #4 a freshly formatted 1.5TB HDD in a ready to go PS3

transferring via FTP will take a month and the ps3 does not like the external NTFS drive. when I use multiman it will recognize the HDD but wont see any folders or games. I was thinking to maybe convert the external back to FAT32 (leaving everying >4GB on the PC for FTP transfer). or is there a way to use an ethernet cord between 2 consoles?

I was hoping to just jam the PS3 HDD into the PC and use SATA but this does not seem possible

2. 10,193
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

between 2 ps3s via ethernet: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/transferutility.html

it may not backup everything, such as copy protected saves. I think you can tell which is by trying to copy it to a usb drive. copy protected saves won't copy.:

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/game/copysavedata.html

to open the ps3 hdd on a computer, you need your eid root key, which can be dumped with rebug toolbox or idpset. then, use ps3tools.

ftp isn't the best way to backup stuff, especially games. I tried connecting without an ftp program through windows explorer, and it crashed. the 360's ftp connection also crashes.

3. 36
    scampo

scampo Forum Noob

Driver
    this is just to dump info? I can't write a new ps3 HDD can I?

4. 597
    umart666

umart666 Member

why you don't setup remote storage and put all of the backups there?clearly you have the drives and lan setup to do it.only ps2 and psp backups need to be on internal drive,those you quickly can ftp as needed.

you even don't need windows pc to do it,there's mac,nas,linux and i think even rasberry variant of netserv.

5. 5,956
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Dont use Multiman for NTFS, it does not have a great NTFS driver, No write support iirc. Try the backup manager IRISMAN, it has a file manager that has a good NTFS driver, it would probably be the simplest/fastest way to backup that much data.

FTP will take along time..but not a month.. Over a decent wired network, you might get like 100GB every 2-4 hours depending on file sizes etc.

6. 7,279
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    NTSB? :D

DeViL303 likes this.