PS3 FERROX 4.82 NoBD COBRA 7.55 CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by LizZo, Dec 9, 2017.

1. 81
    LizZo

LizZo Member

Here is another release from the Developer Alexander. This FERROX version is fro those consoles having a broken bd player. The NoBD CFW has a Patch to disable it so the user can back to play games and Apps without any error. This build includes also the COBRA functions, so you will have a normal COBRA CFW even with the broken bd so you haven't to substitute the bd reader.
    So here is the new FERROX 4.82 NoBD COBRA!

[​IMG]

• CFW FEATURES:

- Built from the base of OFW 4.82
      - Can be installed from every CEX CFW and 3.55 OFW and 4.82 OFW via PS3Xploit
      - QA Flags enabled if already enabled, so there is the possibility to Downgrade to every Fw version
      - COBRA 7.55
      - NoBD Patch
      - Optional Graphic mods can be installed, along with HB Store. Read under the features.
      - PS2, PSX, PSP ISO / Minis / Remastered / PKG Compatibility
      - ReactPSN Compatibility
      - RSOD Screen Bypass
      - App_home/PS3_GAME
      - XMB In-Game Screenshot
      - Remote Play Compatibility
      - Package Manager replaces the classic Install Install Package Files
      - CPU & RSX Temperature are now shown on XMB In-Game while playing PS2 Games
      - LV1: Patched to remove PS2 LV2 Protection
      - LV1: Patched coreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick non non-Dehashed consoles
      - LV1: Peek & Poke
      - LV2: Peek & Poke
      - Disabled Epilepsy message
      - CINAVIA completely Disabled

This build has the Fixes introduces on FERROX COBRA v1.01.
      Here are the Changelog:

• COBRA 7.54 - Fixed the installation of Packages and game updates with Syscalls disabled. Credits to Alexander, Aldo Vargas, Joonie
      • COBRA 7.55 - Fixed deleting Homebrews / Apps / Game updates with Syscalls disabled. Credits to Alexander
      • v1.01 - Fix PSP DRM & Fix PSX. So now PSP PKGs and PSX PKGs runs correctly
      • v1.01 Fix BlueRay ISO
      • v1.01 - Added support to download unsigned PKG from XMBPD - Credits to DeViL303, Bobby_Downgrades

• In this build also you can find the FERROX Mods Installer. It contains the Graphic mods by MiZiO90 and our Homebrew Store, different from XMBPD. Some Screenshots in the spoiler over here.

The custom wave is not included

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a video of the Installer.

You can install this CFW also from 4.82 OFW. Follow this Guide: CLICK HERE!!
    Remember: Use PS3Xploit only on 4.82 OFW !!! Do NOT use it on a CFW !

DOWNLOAD FERROX 4.82 NoBD COBRA 7.55: CLICK HERE!!!
    MD5: 8f70b35dcfbcfdf9f99a2d6f8d686b7b

I suggest to Install 2 times this CFW to make sure the NoBD Patch are correctly installed.
    The NoBD CFW should be installed only on those consoles with broken bd player.
    If you have it working, install the normal COBRA version.

Source: Cybermodding.it

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. 2
    medrahali

medrahali Forum Noob

hello , im new to the world of ps3 jailbreak .. i have a slim 2004a .. i updated it to ofw 4.82 and jailbroke it with psexploit ..the thing i want to know is .. i have my bd attached and recognized but the ps3 only matter is the laser not reading the discs so do i have to install FERROX NOBD ..thanks in advance

3. 6,909
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    No, its only if you have NO drive attached that you need NOBD. Broken laser should be fine on normal CFW.

4. 1,363
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

If you can update and launch games and content from the xmb then no you don' need a nobd cfw. This fw is to allow launching of content from xmb the you wouldn' be able to do with a faulty bd board. While you may not be able to play discs, the daughter board itself is still functioning on your console. Get a new laser and fix that ps3.

5. 2
    medrahali

medrahali Forum Noob

thanks for the reply ..its very helpful ..the strange thing is that im on big wave of information and i become misconfused .. i was reading that multiman need a disc inside to emulate backup but even the mecanism of the bd is broken

6. 40
    ChuckyPlague

ChuckyPlague PSX-Place Supporter

How about if the blur ray drive wire is broken the hard drive works but i need a new blu ray wire for the drive to work

7. 7,845
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

That's different.
    It depends on the console model.
    On CECH25XX, the logic board is integrated into the motherboard so if the ribbon cable is bad you don't get a working BD but installing a noBD CFW is sufficient to get the console working properly & games running.
    On models up to CECH21xx included, if the main ribbon cable is dead then the logic board isn't connected & a noBD CFW on its own is likely to be insufficient to be able to run games. In this case I suggest you try installing a BDEMU CFW in the meantime & change the ribbon cable.

You can check the technical details for your console on the wiki.
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Bluray_Drive#CECHA.2C_CECHB.2C_CECHC.2C_.28some_CEC

ChuckyPlague likes this.
  8. 1
    markomarkus

markomarkus Forum Noob

I had installed this MOD since I ended up with broken Blu Ray and multiMAN was on blank screen. Now, I'm able to enter multiman but it wont boot any games in XMB menu. Emulation is enabled. Any advice?