PS3 Final attempt at getting an awnser

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by Yeett, May 1, 2019.

1. 6
    Yeett

Yeett Member

Alright, so i have been trying to hack my ps3 for about 3 days. I have not achieved much other than Installing HAN i would rather install a cfw to my compatible ps3 slim cech-2xxxA With min 2.70 system software, 2.84.2 Has been fully downloaded and successfully installed. I have no idea on how to install a cfw and help on doing so would be much anticipated and appreciated. I have put some research into this but i havent really found a 4.84 compatible 484 flash/hex file required that matches the one in the official release of 4.84.2. nothing they gave in that release article had anything that would help. PS3Xploit.com did NOT have the matching Hex/Flash file. I have heard that screwiung this up could brick a ps3, which i understand could be wrong, but im not ging to risk it until i can get a bit more information on the subject, and on what im doing as a whole.

2. 2
    GSoliz25

GSoliz25 Forum Noob

If all you need is the 484 flash/hex file, There is a youtuber named Modded Warefare that has a link to getting this file. I am not sure if giving this info is allowed on here or not, but I see that no one has bothered to give you even a single reply. Might be cause there is a section for this kind of question, not sure. But I hope this helps. And to any mods reading this, hope I didn't' break any rules.

3. 1,607
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

I don't see that you have broken any rules bud. If you are ever in doubt about the rules you can find them here.

I'm not sure if @Yeett ever got this solved but I did see he had asked about it in a few places so that may be why nobody answered here.

I hope you are both enjoying the site and look forward to seeing you around :)

ntodek and GSoliz25 like this.
  4. 1,347
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

go to ps3xploit.com
    Hover mouse over flashwriter
    hover mouse over 4.84 hfw
    Click "download flash hex file"

I JUST DID THIS...and it worked... seconds before typing this.

ntodek and GSoliz25 like this.
  5. 5,902
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I'm glad others chimed in, it's never we are ignoring a user I assure you. We literally have HUNDREDS of post to go through in a daily basis. Some get missed and it's not intentional. Especially with Rebug finally getting a new REX firmware, HAN being ported to 4.84 then the bombshell that was HEN 1.0 and now 2.0 it is a lot to keep up with. But please don't get discouraged and keep digging of we can't get there quick enough. Just about every situation has been documented on this very site and also the safest ways to go about installing/hacking your firmware.

GSoliz25, ntodek and pink1 like this.
  6. 1,607
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Exactly, I was saying the same thing to someone yesterday. I hate to see a post with 0 replies but like you said sometimes posts get missed & sometimes with new users it may be somewhat our fault because they don't get approved fast enough.:indecisiveness:

We really do care a lot for our members & try our best to give them the best experience we can :love heart::love heart:

GSoliz25, ntodek and atreyu187 like this.
  7. 5,902
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Well said I I forgot about post needing to be approved for new members so this can add to a delay I'm glad you mentioned this.

GSoliz25, ntodek and pink1 like this.