Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN Firmware update from 4.82 HAN to 4.84

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by dyxt, May 2, 2019.

1. 4
    dyxt

dyxt Forum Noob

Hi, today i found out about HEN and want to update system from 4.82 with HAN to 4.84, because from what i know HEN works only on 4.84.

The problem is that i don't wont to break the console or lose games installed using HAN ,so i would be really grateful for any help with that or just link to guide. thanks in advance

2. 1,338
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

install 4.84.2 HFW (twice, once in xmb, then again in recovery) then run ps3xploit 4.84, follow all instructions :)

dyxt likes this.
  3. 4
    dyxt

dyxt Forum Noob

Ok, so if i understand it correctly firstly i have to install 4.84 OFW in xmb and then 4.84.2 using usb right? Sorry if it's dumb question , but i want to be 100% sure just in case :)

4. 198
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

Yes, I've done it like that, first i installed the 4.84 OFW from the xmb, and after that I installed 4.84 HFW, no problem.

dyxt likes this.
  5. 4
    dyxt

dyxt Forum Noob

Alright, so i'll do it this way too. Thank you

Scorpion355 likes this.
  6. 198
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

No problem, report back in case you face any issues during the install, I'll try to help as much as I can.

7. 237
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I did this earlier. Was in the same situation as you (on 4.82 HAN, wanted to update to 4.84.2 HFW to try out HEN.)

Anyhow, this is exactly what I did. For the record, I too have a lot of games installed. I didn't lose anything. I also did NOT install it twice, was advised not to and that it's pointless unless you want to do the CFW thing.

- I downloaded the HFW. Made a folder on my FAT32 USB called "PS3" and inside that folder another one called "UPDATE" which is the folder I put the PS3UPDAT.PUP inside (Be sure to rename the 4.84.2HFW to just "PS3UPDAT.PUP")

- Copied the "hansupportfiles" to the root of my USB.

- Went to update via storage media [be sure you don't have ANYTHING plugged into your USB slots other than your Flash Drive, I had a USB controller connected and while trying to update I got a copy error. It was fixed by unplugging my USB controller and just using a BT one] allowed the system to update and shut down automatically afterwards.

- After the HFW was successfully installed, I went to web browser > ps3xploit.com > HAN Installer. (set the HAN installer page as your homepage if you have trouble initializing it.) after the installer initialized successfully, I clicked on "Install HAN" and bam it installed and my system reset.

- Deleted my old HAN Toolbox (located in game data under the game tab)

- Enabled HAN one last time from ps3xploit.com

- Installed the latest HAN Toolbox.

- Done.

I haven't gotten around to testing out HEN yet, despite going through the effort of updating to HFW. Am seeing and hearing that there's lots of compatibility issues and bugs (blackscreens, freezing, system going to recovery mode, bricks?, etc.) not really wanting to risk my only system for it yet. Was advised to wait for updates, would probably advise you to wait a minute for some updates too. This appears to be quite new and imperfect, so hopefully any of these problems get fixed soon so we can all try this out without wrecking our consoles lol.

WILLIAM1991 and dyxt like this.
  8. 4
    dyxt

dyxt Forum Noob

@Scorpion355 I did it ,but unfortunately i've lost all data on my ps3 because after first update to 4.84.2 HFW when i was trying to launch recovery mode to install it second time, something went wrong and file system broke down ,so i had to choose restore ps3 system and erase everything :(

@Major_Pothead92 That's bad that i haven't read your reply before i've done it, because maybe now i would still have my saves and movies collected since 2012.
    About HEN i can tell you that it's working pretty well especially ver.2.0, so i recommend you to check it out

9. 3
    Mac3d0nWarr10r

Mac3d0nWarr10r Member

@Major_Pothead92 i have the same situation, and i want to update from 4.82 to 48.4. My question is do you update your system from 4.82 to 4.84 from XMB or you just download and install the HFW 4.84 from PS3Xploit? Thanks in advance!

10. 237
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Download the HFW from ps3xploit, put on your USB in PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP (rename the update you downloaded) and select system updates from XMB and update via storage media. That's what I did, went from 4.82 straight to 4.84.2 HFW. Quicky reinstalled HAN and the HENv2 offline HDD signed pkg then enabled HEN and installed multiman and everything works perfectly for my needs!

11. 10
    WILLIAM1991

WILLIAM1991 Forum Noob

this is the infomation that i have been looking for for decades now. thanks again.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  12. 10
    WILLIAM1991

WILLIAM1991 Forum Noob

i have juat installed the HFW in my superslim that was running 4.82 that had HAN and 17 games. after installing the HFW, all games still work perfectly.

point to note, its best use only HAN than try something else and break your console.

thanks for this thread it really helped.

13. 5,665
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Think of HEN as HAN+ it dies everything the same with added features. Best way to do it now is simply install HFW then go to the ps3xploit.com page and choose HEN Auto Install. That's it and your done. You retain everything and get extra features. And had you of chosen file system repair your HDD would not have formatted. HEN is so much easier then HAN. Just install PKG and add RAP file to hdd0:/exdata folder and that's it. No need to resign anything and works for PS2&PSP now.

14. 237
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

No problems. I was coming from HAN too and didn't want to change too much since I was happy with my system. I found HEN 2.0.0 + HAN Toolbox to be a good combo. I only enable HEN when I want to open up multiman, retroarch, use FTP etc. Everything else I just go with the offline HAN enabler in the toolbox.

I've avoided recent updates due to webman's integration... Maybe if they release some new updates in the future that don't force webman on the end user, that'd be cool to try... Otherwise I'm happy with what I have now. Never thought it'd be possible. My system is almost 10 years old and I'm fairly certain webman would probably F%$# something up for me lmao.

If you want to try out HEN 2.0.0, I still have the installer pkg saved and I could probably upload it if you can't find a link anywhere else.

Tags: