Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Flash Writer (PS3Xploit) Unofficial Update by Imn7: Checks for HFW / Factory Installed FW /...

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by lmn7, Jan 3, 2020.

By lmn7 on Jan 3, 2020 at 11:39 PM
  1. 603
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

The PS3Xploit's Flash Writer has seen an unofficial update provided by developer @Imn7 that adds a few additional checks to see if HFW is installed prior to using (HFW is a simple modified (hybrid) firmware that re-adds a vulnerability (from OFW 4.82) used in ps3xploit tools), dont have HFW installed or do not know upon launching you will be prompt with "You must install Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 4.85 before using the flash writer!" Also a check to view the minimum factory firmware that was installed in factory on your console. This is important check (automated or done manually) because it will help determine if your console is a Custom FirmWare compatible unit or not. Anything over 3.56 firmware installed in the factory can not install a CFW (those models should look into using PS3HEN if that is the case.). This unofficial build of the flash writer will provides extra detection/checks in the addition to the magic found in the original tool, a list of full checks can be seen in the release notes provided by the developer below:​

-STLcardsWS

sony_ps3_1.jpg
    Unofficial 4.85 Flash Writer

• Here's my unofficial update for the flash writer that I decided to release now because it's been sitting on my HDD for months and I know it will get lost eventually.​

Changes:

• Added HFW check
      • Added minimum firmware version check
      • Added patch file hash check
      • Added patch stack frame check (commented out of the official version for some reason)
      • Patch file is downloaded to the PS3's HDD from the web server instead of read from USB

Both the patch operation and the patch file has not been modified from the official version. This has been tested and confirmed working by myself and others.​

Thanks to the PS3Xploit team for their flash writer tools & JS framework.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2020
    1. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      This is great nice one.
      lmn7 likes this.
    2. Louay
      Louay
      Sorry for not testing NAND for you as i didn't get teensy yet from that moment we talk but i test NOR version as i have E3 Flasher in case of brick and it works flawlessly i test on 3 PS3 Models :
      • CECHL04
      • CECH2004A
      • CECH2504B
      Even i will grab a NAND Fat and prepare a Text&Video Tutorial so any user can understand how the operation done

@lmn7 did you forget about this "write back the original CoreOS data in case the dump check fails and the user hasn't rebooted" ?

@esc0rtd3w so this be added to ps3xploit website
      Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    3. Louay
      Louay
      i bring Slim PS3 3004A to test minverchk 3.60 message but it show :
      1. Initinalization XX%
      2. Downloading patch file...
      3. Show the content of flash_485.P3T (CoreOS files)

4. lmn7
      lmn7
      That's okay, I was able to find a few other people who were willing to help me test and iron out some issues. Thanks for your help anyway.

I did forget about it but to be honest it wasn't a huge priority for me. It would be easy to edit the scripts to write back the original OFW 4.85 CoreOS data and I'll consider doing that some time in the future.

Some web servers don't like P3T file extension, I'll update the archive in the OP to include a .htaccess file that should fix the issue.
      Me_TheKing and jeka26 like this.
    5. Louay
      Louay
      i test again and now it works ,are think to release pages like original one i mean with text and two button one to initialze and other to start patch ?

Me_TheKing, jeka26 and Algol like this.
    6. RandomDude
      RandomDude
      Great work!, This here would save a lot of bricks imo.
      Algol and DeViL303 like this.
    7. Louay
      Louay
      @lmn7 is there a check for vsh CFW ? i mean for those who use flash writer on top of CFW as one situation today

so js check if vsh contain for exemple patch to disable ECDSA Check as most of CFW have this patch or compare current vsh MD5 with vsh MD5 of OFW/HFW so if the patch exist or MD5 is diffrent from the one of OFW/HFW then a red message will appear saying you are already on CFW :)
      jeka26 likes this.
    8. lmn7
      lmn7
      I don't plan on it, mainly because this script searches for a lot of variables in memory and initializing the search on page load provides some degree of consistency.

I could add a check for some CFW patch but it would require more testing. I don't have my PS3 to test with right now.
      DeViL303, Me_TheKing and jeka26 like this.
    9. Louay
      Louay
      I can test for NOR as i have the E3