The latest homebrew release for HENkaku user's comes from developer vladgalay, who has released a very fun 2d Shooter that is very similar to the game playplay in CSPSP (a homebrew for the PSP), which is a 2-D top down shooter. Flyer Deathmatch is a LUA based game that was created with ONElua and i suggest giving this game a look on either your PS Vita or PlayStation TV that hopefully is on Firmware 3.60 and utilizing the HENkaku exploit as that is the only way you will be playing this VPK file.
Flyer Deathmatch is a CSPSP-like top-down shooter game.
In Flyer Deathmatch you fly and fight opposing team in some sort of space ship.
Player can choose one of several ships, maps and game modes. More information is located in the next tab.
ALSO. This game requires Special Permissions. That is because it was made using ONElua luaplayer, which is requiring them by default.
- ONELua staff for it's pretty awesome ONELua luaplayer for Vita
- Unfortunately, there are no sounds in this game
- Playing with music is recommended
As you control your ship, you can shoot and boost by using afterburner. Both actions require ENERGY
- it displayed YELLOW at the bottom of your screen. Shooting uses a few energy, while boosting can cost a lot of it. If your energy reaches zero, you can neither shoot nor boost, so keep an eye on it.
Also keep an eye on SHIELDS, that are displayed BLUE at the bottom of your screen. If they fall below zero, your ship will be destroyed.
- Deathmatch: Your goal is to eliminate all ships of opposing team.
- Scored deathmatch: In this mode victory is achieved by having score higher than the limit. If you kill your teammate, score will be decreased.
- Infinite deathmatch: Same as scored deathmatch, only infinite.
- Pyro: Default ship. Nothing more to say.
- Phoenix: Very fast ship. Can actually outrun it's own bullets while boosting. Perfect for bullet dodging. However, has low bullet speed.
- Magnum: Sluggish ship, even if boosted. Very high bullet speed compensates it quite well.
There are three maps - Glasses, Kabba and Window. Also, there are _big versions of them. Any of game modes can be played on any map. However, I have some recommendations:
- Glasses: Good for Scored and Infinite deathmatch. Recommended ships amount - from 4 to 8 in each team.
- Kabba: Same as Glasses.
- Window: Almost a clone of iceworld_2d. Perfect for Deathmatch. Recommended ships amount - 4 in each team. But having 8 in each team on _big version is also quite playable.
- The only difference between teams is in their appearance.
- It is not recommended to have more than 16 ships totally.
- Deathmatch kill limit: When this limit is exceeded, Scored deathmatch will end.
- Damage:Normal is default. If you are tired of slow battles, you can switch to High - it twices the damage.
- Player AI: Tired of playing the game all by yourself? Think that bot can do it better? There is no need to think when you can try! Switch to True and have fun.
- Friendly fire: Well, it's obvious. If you are tired of getting shot by your teammates (or shooting down your teammates), turn it off.
- Up/Down/Left/Right - navigate through menu
- Left Analog Stick - move ship/camera
- L-Trigger + Left Analog Stick - move with boost
- Right Analog Stick - rotate ship
- R-Trigger - shoot
- START - toggle pause
PS VITA / PS TV Flyer Deathmatch - A Top Down Shooter from vladgalay
By STLcardsWS on May 5, 2017 at 7:32 PM
4.86.1 PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) - HFW is helpful for installing PS3HEN on 4.84/4.85/4.86 FWUPDATE (March 2020) 4.86.1 HFW Released.
Original Article (4.84 HFW - March 2019): Huge News as the PS3 exploit ladder has taken a step up into 4.84 rung, with a new approach to bring back PS3Xploit functionality on 4.84. With a Hybrid Firmware (NOT A CFW) that can be installed on ANY MODEL PS3 over any Official Firmware (OFW) version. .The only thing this modified firmware essentially does is bring back the patched webkit from OFW 4.82 that was an entry point for PS3Xploit, if you recall when 4.84 was released developers @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w stated the exploit was not actually patched but rather only the webkit entry used was removed in 4.83+ which rendered the actual exploit unreachable (not patched and could be restored). Now the webkit is back for 4.84 OFW thanks to this new clever magic that has allowed OFW user's to use and install this slightly modified Firmware.Continue reading
River Raid Remake (by Lapy Games) - A remake from the Atari 2600 library now on a homebrew PS4We have seen several Retro remakes from Lapy Games hit a jailbroken PS4 like the Duck Hunt Reamke and Wild Gunman remakes from the NES/Famicom era Which those with 7 additional games can be found in the developer's recent Lapy Game Collection (v1.0) release that puts all his created game into a single homebrew,pkg Now the dev recently followed that up with a public announcement on March 6 of the next project and it was another remake . This time around it's River Raid from the Atari 2600 (see original 2600 gameplay) . That is going back a bit in gaming history but the developer wanted this unity creation for a homebrew enabled PS4, be a more modern representation of an iconic classic game but also still have that Retro gameplay feel from the original in this aerial pursuit. Check it out and leave the developer (Lapy) some feedback in the comments belowContinue reading
Introducing The PS3 Toolset by bguerville: A powerful collection of tools fueled by new PS3 exploitYou may recall a recent article revealing a few exclusive screenshots of bguerville's latest project, now the time has come to introduce the next evolution in PS3 Jailbreaking solutions. The PlayStation 3 Toolset by @bguerville is a new suite of tools, built upon a new PS3 exploitation framework & fueled by a new exploit discovered on the PS3 by the developer. The new exploit (and the toolset project as a whole) is compatible with all PS3 models running 4.82 - 4.85 OFW/HFW/CFW
While ps3xploit team member's @habib continued research and development of PS3HEN for nonCFW models with assistance from @esc0rtd3w, @bguerville meanwhile was working on his own research and developing other tools and exploits as you will see with this new PlayStation 3 Toolset, which thorough testing was conducted by @esc0rtd3w (whom we recently interviewed). All the team of talented devs have done some amazing work in the scene in recent years with all the PS3Xploit projects and that trend continues with this release.
The PS3 toolset is a project that @bguerville has been working on for some time,
the developer gave us a brief timeline of events since the Ps3Xploit Tools 2.0 framework (flash writer and dumper(s)) that led to this new release (see the timeline section).Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
PS2 SCUMM VM (LAST USB+IHD compatible version) think you can still find this elsewhere, COMPARE THEMScummVM Emulator (even the ScummVM website and Sourceforge dont have this version :) -UniqueUserName