The latest homebrew release for HENkaku user's comes from developer vladgalay, who has released a very fun 2d Shooter that is very similar to the game playplay in CSPSP (a homebrew for the PSP), which is a 2-D top down shooter. Flyer Deathmatch is a LUA based game that was created with ONElua and i suggest giving this game a look on either your PS Vita or PlayStation TV that hopefully is on Firmware 3.60 and utilizing the HENkaku exploit as that is the only way you will be playing this VPK file.
Flyer Deathmatch is a CSPSP-like top-down shooter game.
In Flyer Deathmatch you fly and fight opposing team in some sort of space ship.
Player can choose one of several ships, maps and game modes. More information is located in the next tab.
ALSO. This game requires Special Permissions. That is because it was made using ONElua luaplayer, which is requiring them by default.
- ONELua staff for it's pretty awesome ONELua luaplayer for Vita
- Unfortunately, there are no sounds in this game
- Playing with music is recommended
As you control your ship, you can shoot and boost by using afterburner. Both actions require ENERGY
- it displayed YELLOW at the bottom of your screen. Shooting uses a few energy, while boosting can cost a lot of it. If your energy reaches zero, you can neither shoot nor boost, so keep an eye on it.
Also keep an eye on SHIELDS, that are displayed BLUE at the bottom of your screen. If they fall below zero, your ship will be destroyed.
- Deathmatch: Your goal is to eliminate all ships of opposing team.
- Scored deathmatch: In this mode victory is achieved by having score higher than the limit. If you kill your teammate, score will be decreased.
- Infinite deathmatch: Same as scored deathmatch, only infinite.
- Pyro: Default ship. Nothing more to say.
- Phoenix: Very fast ship. Can actually outrun it's own bullets while boosting. Perfect for bullet dodging. However, has low bullet speed.
- Magnum: Sluggish ship, even if boosted. Very high bullet speed compensates it quite well.
There are three maps - Glasses, Kabba and Window. Also, there are _big versions of them. Any of game modes can be played on any map. However, I have some recommendations:
- Glasses: Good for Scored and Infinite deathmatch. Recommended ships amount - from 4 to 8 in each team.
- Kabba: Same as Glasses.
- Window: Almost a clone of iceworld_2d. Perfect for Deathmatch. Recommended ships amount - 4 in each team. But having 8 in each team on _big version is also quite playable.
- The only difference between teams is in their appearance.
- It is not recommended to have more than 16 ships totally.
- Deathmatch kill limit: When this limit is exceeded, Scored deathmatch will end.
- Damage:Normal is default. If you are tired of slow battles, you can switch to High - it twices the damage.
- Player AI: Tired of playing the game all by yourself? Think that bot can do it better? There is no need to think when you can try! Switch to True and have fun.
- Friendly fire: Well, it's obvious. If you are tired of getting shot by your teammates (or shooting down your teammates), turn it off.
- Up/Down/Left/Right - navigate through menu
- Left Analog Stick - move ship/camera
- L-Trigger + Left Analog Stick - move with boost
- Right Analog Stick - rotate ship
- R-Trigger - shoot
- START - toggle pause
PS VITA / PS TV Flyer Deathmatch - A Top Down Shooter from vladgalay
By STLcardsWS on May 5, 2017 at 7:32 PM
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 ReleasedDeveloper Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).Continue reading
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: