Found a chipped Wii

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Spawn, Sep 12, 2018.

1. 599
    Spawn

Spawn Member

I found a wiiwith the wode Jukebox (console only).

I removed the chip (it's ugly) and decided to softmod it. I used ModMii for this purpose. Downside is it gives outdated apps/loaders.

I have a modded Wii since before with the new wiimote, but this one supports GC controller, so I wanted to use this one.

Haven't touched my Wii in years and hence lost track of all sites and links to new versions.

Does anyone here know where I could find the most recent wiibrew versions? Google is definitely not my friend in this case. :P

2. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

Spawn likes this.
  3. 599
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Yes. I grabbed most stuff there. There's newer versions of most brew out there, but not listed on that site. :(

4. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I think there might be a homebrew browser (not exactly sure as it's been ages since I messed with the wii). I know there's one for the wii u. ;)

btw, I also have a modchip (a wiikey v1) from before a soft mod method existed. it was good for those problematic games, such as we dare (not that I'd ever play that ;)).

5. 599
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Yes, I have the HB browser. But it's deprecated and the apps are old as sour milk. ;)

The chip I'll just keep for fun. I'm still a collector at heart. ;)

I did ask a bit over at gbatemp, and some folks where very helpful indeed. Got a few github links and such for some more recent versions. :)

Still have to figure out how to install and setup nintendont for my GC games tho..

Been hearing different opinions about compatible loaders, some say UsbloaderGX, some WiiFlow and some say configurable USB loader is the best.

Seems I have to try them out for myself. ;)

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. I need to find a ftp app for it that doesn't disconnect when having more than 1 file in queue.

6. 7,646
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Spawn likes this.
  7. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I was using cfg usb loader on the wii, but then I changed to usb loader gx on the wii u. you can customize just about everything. I'd recommend one of those. I didn't like wiiflow when I tried it.

8. 12,342
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

@Spawn , I saw your edit. try this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ftpii

there's a wii u version which I've used called ftpii u everywhere which allows transfers even to the flash. :D I don't know how well the wii version works though. I've only tried the file manager. be warned, though, it's liable to be extremely slow. we're talking ds ftp slow. come to think of it, I think I might have tried it actually, 'cause I vaguely remember those god awful speeds. the system just isn't designed for that sort of thing. :-/ ...so it's probably better if you transfer things using a usb cable.

Spawn likes this.