PS3 Freshly installed PS3 Phat (Rebug 4.86.1 + Webman Mod) with PS Plus

Discussion in 'webMAN MOD' started by Jeroen Huylebroeck, Jun 2, 2020.

1. 6
    Jeroen Huylebroeck

Jeroen Huylebroeck Forum Noob

I bit the bullet and installed R3bug 4.86.1 CFW + Webman Mod today for the first time on my original PS3 Phat.

I have a bunch of games on Playstation Plus and have played a games on it, using the cloud saves. Can I safely continue using these games games, downloading them through the playstation store, using cloud saves,...

My console was set to automatically log in to PSN, but immediately after making the modifications, I got error messages that I couldn't log in to PSN on the console. I can however still log in to my account using my web browser on my computer and through my (unmodified) PS4.

Has my console been banned this quickly, or is it a setting/feature that was applied when installing the modifications?

I would really love to be able to be able to keep syncing the trophies when I'm playing games, especially since I have over 200 original PS3 games (disc + digital).

If it's too risky and I risk a profile ban and/or console ban I think I'll need to get a 2nd unit, so I'll have to buy a PS3 slim, but than I also want to make sure that this console is well protected even though I keep it connected in my local network.

I know about these settings in Webman MOD, but I'm not 100% certain as to what each of the settings do and how I can balance features/protection: upload_2020-6-2_16-29-58.png

Attached Files:

2. 1,309
    Coro

Coro Moderator

i think its the "lock psn" setting thats preventing log-in.

3. 6
    Jeroen Huylebroeck

It was set to "disabled" and I couldn't log on, so I'm afraid that's not it.

4. 3,604
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Offline = "Lock PSN" means the system will search LV1/LV2 memory and clear all PSN URL to prevent access to these servers.
    Offline = "Game" means the system will turn off the network when a game is played.
    Offline = "Disable" allows connection to PSN.

For improved safety I suggest to use webMAN MOD in combination of PSN Patch or SEN Enabler.

Louis Garry and Algol like this.
  5. 1,309
    Coro

Coro Moderator

if you are using psnpatch or sen enabler then one of them may be blocking psn.

6. 6
    Jeroen Huylebroeck

I have removed all accounts and created a new account with a separate PSN ID. Seems to work fine now. Information seems kinda spotty to me: can I reasonable assume that I can login to PSN with a jailbroken CFW unit if I take the necessary precautions or is the only sound advice: jailbroken CFW = don't connect with your (paying) PSN account that has your trophies/PSN bought games/...

7. 13,245
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I wouldn't connect with your main account. you're taking a risk. how big is anyone's guess. there are some people who take no precautions and have never been banned and then there are people like me who used psn patch but were still banned for unknown reasons.

8. 3,604
    aldostools

Here are some rules to lower the chance of banning:
    1- DON'T use cheats (rtm, saves, menus or modded EBOOT) while you're online / connected to PSN
    2- DON'T login to PSN or play online with enabled CFW syscalls (use R2+TRIANGLE in webMAN MOD).
    (Some games, particularly Call of Duty and GTA series used to check for syscall 6 and maybe others)
    3- DON'T use homebrews while you're online. Other users can see you entered to multiMAN, IRISMAN, Movian, etc.
    4- DON'T use pirated games or pirated DLC connected to PSN or play online...
    5- DON'T use modded games connected to PSN or play online...
    6- Behave properly while playing online (don't offend other users, no bad words, racism, etc.)

Some tips:
    1- Make a new user without PSN account and make it your default user when you turn on the console.
    This way your console will not auto-connect to PSN when you boot the console.
    2- Create a secondary PSN account and use it for online play.
    If your account is banned for any reason, your purchases in PSN store are not lost.
    3- Disable automatic update
    https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/autodownload.html

9. 6
    Jeroen Huylebroeck

Great feedback, the only disadvantage that I see in the approach you suggest is that I won't get my trophies updated to my (primary) PSN account.

10. 6
    Jeroen Huylebroeck

Small addition, and that I won't be able to use my cloud saves that are linked to my original PSN account thanks to PS+

11. 3,604
    aldostools

You *can* use your original PSN account if you want. You *should not* use it online with a MFW, if you don't want to lose your account in case $0ny decide to ban you. Remember that MFW it's against the EULA that you accepted.

Jeroen Huylebroeck likes this.
  12. 6
    Jeroen Huylebroeck

Thanks, it's clear: don't use your original PSN account. (I've heard that with a PSVita all is safe, but PS3, not that certain)

Tags: