Game Data Tool

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 7, 2014.

1. 8,841
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

ICON0.PNG
    Game Data Tool
    Developed by: andbey0nd
    Updated and maintain by: deank and other devs
    DOWNLOAD / MIRROR

Switch location of [game data] between internal HDD and first external USB HDD, install PSN games (or any application/pkg) to external USB HDD saving space on internal HDD.

NOTE: Not all Games and Apps are compatible with this feature.

Features:

• Installs on all connected USB drives (but uses the first detected USB for the game-data storage)
    • Works properly after a clean PS3 start (when no payloads are preloaded by other tools/managers)

Supported CFW's:

• 3.55 CEX/DEX,

• 4.21 CEX/DEX,

• 4.30 CEX/DEX,

• 4.31CEX,

• 40CEX/DEX,

• 4.41CEX/DEX,

• 4.46 CEX/DEX,

• 4.50 CEX/DEX,

• 4.53 CEX,

• 4.55 CEX.

Video

[video=youtube;tHq8QnGucGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHq8QnGucGc&list=TLFoH36yr_9paOK0zNyjSdrnH bKgvCihHS[/video]
    Video courtesy of Manster (PS3 Homebrew Channel)

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR=#008000]9.00[/COLOR] (multiMAN 04.55.00+)[/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Added support for 4.50DEX, 4.53CEX, 4.55CEX 
    [/LIST]
     [B]
    [COLOR=#008000]8.00[/COLOR] (multiMAN 04.46.00+)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added support for 4.46CFW 
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR=#008000]7.00[/COLOR] (multiMAN 04.40.00+)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added support for 4.41CFW 
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR=#008000]6.00 [/COLOR](multiMAN 04.30.00+)[/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Added support for 4.40CFW
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR=#008000]5.00[/COLOR] (multiMAN 04.20.00+)[/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Support new 'mM payload' introduced in multiMAN 04.20.00 
    [/LIST]

[CENTER]p.s. It is only compatible with mM 04.20.00+ and its own payload and won't work with other payloads or redirections set by other tools/managers. For previous versions of multiMAN use an earlier version of the gameDATA tool.
    [/CENTER]
     [B]
    [COLOR=#008000]4.00 [/COLOR](multiMAN 04.13.00)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]working on 4.21REBUG/4.30ROGERO v2 CFWs 
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR=#008000]3.00r2[/COLOR] (multiMAN 04.09.00)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated gameDATA3, lastGAME3 and bdRESET3 to support 4.30CFW 
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR=#008000]3.00r1[/COLOR] (multiMAN 04.08.00)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Improved support in lastGAME, gameDATA and bdRESET applications 
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR=#008000]3.00[/COLOR] (multiMAN 04.07.01)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated gameDATA app to version 3.00 
    [/LIST]
     [B]
    [COLOR=#008000]2.00[/COLOR] (Dec 9, 2011)[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Installs on all connected USB drives (but uses the first detected USB for the game-data storage) 
    [*]Works properly after a clean PS3 start (when no payloads are preloaded by other tools/managers) (bugfix from rev 1) 
    [*]Supports all firmwares: MFW/CFW 3.41, 3.55, including Cobra 3.55 and TrueBlue 3.55 (utilizing syscall35) 
    [*]Smaller in size (124KB on internal HDD and 47KB on external USB) 
    [*]Props to Jay-jay for extending its features 
    [/LIST]

[B][COLOR=#008000]1.00 [/COLOR](Oct 27, 2011)[/B]

[LIST]
    [*]Initial version 
    [/LIST]

2. 4
    strianugraha

strianugraha Forum Noob

Hello sir can you update this tool to support 4.82 cfw? Because this current version didn't work on it

Very thanks!

3. 11,586
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I don't think it's updated anymore. however, you can use webman mod instead. it has gamedata tool built into it. :)

4. 4
    strianugraha

strianugraha Forum Noob

Does it support 4.82 cfw?
    I just wanna use the gamedata tool since my INT hdd has no space anymore

5. 11,586
    pinky

yes. I also have a lot of psn games on an external hdd. it's about all I saved of my collection after my second hdd died. I've never personally tried the webman mod version of gamedata tool, but it works in much the same way (gamei folder) as the original. it can be used with multiple external hdds as well, I believe, so you can cycle through them. there's an option for it in settings, and there's a button combo to initiate it (don't know what it is though). @aldostools is wmm's author, so he'll be able to explain it better than I can. ;)

6. 4
    strianugraha

strianugraha Forum Noob

Beside that, can we downgrade from 4.82 to 4.55 (since the game data tool support only 4.55)...?

7. 11,586
    pinky

yes, through qa flagging.

8. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    Download the latest WevManMod PKG usually from github, install the pkg, and run it whilst holding down the L1 button for full, or X for lite (full has way more features, I don’t know what’s missing from lite edition). Once it’s ran, you can click WebMan games from XMB, where there’s an option for External Game Data to be toggled. You can also hold the L&R2 buttons (triggers) to open sLaunch (Games List Menu) And hot triangle, which opens a menu which you can use to toggle game data. You can also hold Select to open the VSH Menu, go down to option 4 and click x to toggle game data location from INT to EXT. all of the methods using WMM worked for me, and they should work for you if you properly install the latest WebMan pkg, but no guarantees. Hope this helped, as I’ve had the same problem on 4.81 with no support for this tool, and WebMan Fixed that issue right up and then some.

9. 4
    strianugraha

strianugraha Forum Noob

I have done what you told me. The USB/GAMEI folder was created. But the ps3 system force require the int hdd to be installed on.

Any other solution?

10. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    Well you Can manually install a pkg from the internal to a USB very easily. It’s not the best or fastest way, but it should work 100% with compatible games.

1. Install PKG (game pkg, dlc, update, installed data too) to internal drive.
    2. Open MultiMan or mmCM and go to the file manager “mmOS”, browse to USB00X (where X is your USB Number)
    3. Create (if not already there) the GAMEI folder on the root of the USB Drive I.e. “USB:/GAMEI/“ and make a new folder (BLUS/NPUBxxxxx) for every game.
    4. Open a new window to manage files with (in the upper left hand corner I think) and open HDD0, and browse to “game” folder
    5. If you’re copying eu cod blops2, you would copy “NPUB31011” but you have to know the Game ID of the pkg you want to copy. So you’ll copy
    DEV_HDD0/game/NPUB31011 > DEV_USB000/GAMEI/NPUB31011
    6. On your Internal HDD0, Delete USRDIR and make a new directory called USRDIR I.e. HDD0/game/NPUB31011/USRDIR
    7. Go to the USRDIR on USB0/GAMEI/NPUB/BLUSxxxxx/USRDIR and copy the eboot file from USB to HDD0/game/NPUB/BLUSxxxxx/USRDIR/eboot.bin
    8. Reboot console and rebuild database. Now there’s a little bit of each game on the Internal HDD, but a very small amount of space maybe 60Mb per game.
    9. Use one of 3 methods: when in XMB hold select and wait for VSH Menu, select “4. GameDATA”. Or when in XMB go into sLaunch (holding both triggers), hit Triangle and select GameDATA.
    Or if it’s GameData for a Disc Game or “Folder Format Game” you can open multiman, find your game your doing this for, hit Triangle>game settings. Then as one of the options in the lower left corner select extGameData, then load up the game via Multiman.
    ONLY TOGGLE “GameDATA” VIA XMB (WebMan, sLaunch, VSH Menu, etc.) AFTER YOUR BACKUP IS LOADED AND SHOWS AS DISC ON XMB!!!!!!!! Loading a Backup (i.g. Black Ops 1 BLUS30591) redirects a folder or ISO to DEV_BDVD and resets the folder redirection used by GameDATA and untoggles it. Hope this helped, sorry it’s so long and drawn out.