Game You're Playing Right Now [Console/PC/Smartphone/Everything]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kozarovv, Sep 14, 2016.

1. 339
    n00b

n00b Member

I do have rtx 2080ti but
    IN MY DREAMS

2. 12,225
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I beat link's awakening. :) I'm not sure what to play next.

3. 31
    Ioskeha

Ioskeha Forum Noob

Right now I'm playing Dungeons of Chaos, and that's about it. I'm in-between games at the moment. I'm considering doing another Skyrim run. This time the PS3 version with mods.

4. 25
    RumpyTrumpy

RumpyTrumpy Forum Noob

Feasting On Poontangs
    After playing the so-so campaign of COD MW (2019), I went back and played COD MW3. Can't say much about the multiplayer, but the campaign of MW3 was the best in the whole franchise.

Skip the story, just enjoy the awesome level design, the use of it's silly story to transport the player to different locations, the awesome pacing to make sure it doesn't bang on your head for too long and so on and so forth. So weird, that in order to make a COD game with fun level design, they had to team up with SledgeHammer, the guys responsible for the excellent mobile version of COD. (Yeah, the one that allowed for seamless over-the-top x-com vision from a first person perspective.).

5. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

I haven't played anything in a while. Currently having personal issues and have to sell all of my stuff. Sad day but it's all literally just stuff that I really don't need to survive. Life really kicks you in the sack sometimes...

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  6. 437
    Yugonibblit

Yugonibblit PSX-Place Supporter

Mechanic
    Same shape here financially embarrassed also, I know you're pain. As for game I'm playing right now is SHADOWMAN 2 PS2 CLASSIC ON SUPER SLIM HEN HFW 4.85, also Jaws Unleashed ps2 classic. Both games made from iso bak up. With latest ps2 classic GUI.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  7. 328
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Ah man TR:A is probably my favorite of the Tomb Raiders. Probably any of the ps2 ones for that matter. I could never get the handle on the first few on PSX, even went back a few years ago to see if maybe now that I'm older I'd be able to figure out how to play... Nope lmao.

And yeah I probably chose the wrong Prince of Persia to start with lol. I enjoy the gameplay though, kinda working my way backwards through the series I guess. Gonna try out Forgotten Sands when I finish the 08 one and if I like that I'll get the ps2 ones on ebay or something.

8. 6,069
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Im taking a look at wikipedia because i played the princes of persia years ago, the good ones was made at 2003-2005 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia
    Are 3 games (that was re-published as a bluray for PS3 btw)... and the 4th is "the forgotten sands"
    That 4 gmes are very good, from them the best probably is "the forgotten sands" just because the graphics, but the previous ones have very nice level design

The idea of rewind the time initially was used to fix your mistakes... you know like in some classic console emulators where you can rewind, is ok but in itself is not specially funny
    The good thing of it is this allowed them to increase the difficulty level, you know instead of displaying a "game over" again and again to the player they allows you to rewind
    Later they realized that hey could use that rewind to solve puzzles... and the whole thing becomes tricky

I always thought the tomb raiders and prince of persias of that years was taking ideas from each other... in some way both was in the same category of "enviromental puzzle"... they have some fighting/shooting, and is ok to relax a bit but "meh" the fun is in finding the correct path and the skills needed to pass that point
    Usually you are presented with a temple in ruins, if you stop some seconds in front of it and you move the camera you are going to see that there are 2 or 3 paths... one allows you to advance, the others have secrets, and you dont know which one is each but probably you want to take a look at all them :D

There are not much games like that... al least not so good like this ones

Coldheart2236, Yugonibblit and Algol like this.
  9. 12,225
    pinky

just finished up new super mario bros. u deluxe. i had already beaten the game, so I just had star road to finish. I got the remaining star coins earlier, and some of them were a doozy. luigi u -- I'll play that at another time. :D

Yugonibblit likes this.
  10. 59
    zarebcn

zarebcn Member

Finished NIER, the graphics are a bit ugly but if you dont care about it its a great game and now starting Dead Space 3, i dunno why it got so much hate because im loving it, probably it dont has the scary moments of the 1st game and is a bit more of a shooter but is still great. When i finish DS3, Valkyria Chronicles is the next one.

Major_Pothead92 and pinky like this.
  11. 2,838
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Just started on Mass Effect 3, could of sworn I had the other 2 as well but oh well no save transfer progress bonus for me for playing them in order lol. I'll have to go out and get the other 2 but am not going to complain as when I got ME3 it was only £1 and the disc was still more or less brand new, not a single surface scratch on it and the case was still more or less brand new as well lol.

So far am enjoying it, game's that are effected by your choices are good, make you feel in full control of what your doing as long as there is sufficiant options available and good dynamics at play....

12. 12,225
    pinky

after seeing a review for the new super lucky's tale for the switch, I decided to download a demo of the game. I enjoyed it so much that I immediately bought the game. the only real downside that I can see is that you have to complete a level in order to save.

13. 12,225
    pinky

not sure why this is, but new super lucky's tale can't do cloud saving. I can understand pokemon (undoing trades you're not satisfied with or something), but this game!?

I encountered a weird bug/glitch in the game too. I retrieved a woman's crystal ball only to get stuck in a wall with no way out. I found a way to kill myself though.

14. 12,225
    pinky