Game You're Playing Right Now [Console/PC/Smartphone/Everything]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kozarovv, Sep 14, 2016.

1. 352
    n00b

n00b Member

I do have rtx 2080ti but
    IN MY DREAMS

2. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I beat link's awakening. :) I'm not sure what to play next.

3. 35
    Ioskeha

Ioskeha Forum Noob

Right now I'm playing Dungeons of Chaos, and that's about it. I'm in-between games at the moment. I'm considering doing another Skyrim run. This time the PS3 version with mods.

4. 25
    RumpyTrumpy

RumpyTrumpy Forum Noob

Feasting On Poontangs
    After playing the so-so campaign of COD MW (2019), I went back and played COD MW3. Can't say much about the multiplayer, but the campaign of MW3 was the best in the whole franchise.

Skip the story, just enjoy the awesome level design, the use of it's silly story to transport the player to different locations, the awesome pacing to make sure it doesn't bang on your head for too long and so on and so forth. So weird, that in order to make a COD game with fun level design, they had to team up with SledgeHammer, the guys responsible for the excellent mobile version of COD. (Yeah, the one that allowed for seamless over-the-top x-com vision from a first person perspective.).

5. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

I haven't played anything in a while. Currently having personal issues and have to sell all of my stuff. Sad day but it's all literally just stuff that I really don't need to survive. Life really kicks you in the sack sometimes...

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  6. 561
    Yugonibblit

Yugonibblit PSX-Place Supporter

Mechanic
    Same shape here financially embarrassed also, I know you're pain. As for game I'm playing right now is SHADOWMAN 2 PS2 CLASSIC ON SUPER SLIM HEN HFW 4.85, also Jaws Unleashed ps2 classic. Both games made from iso bak up. With latest ps2 classic GUI.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  7. 375
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Ah man TR:A is probably my favorite of the Tomb Raiders. Probably any of the ps2 ones for that matter. I could never get the handle on the first few on PSX, even went back a few years ago to see if maybe now that I'm older I'd be able to figure out how to play... Nope lmao.

And yeah I probably chose the wrong Prince of Persia to start with lol. I enjoy the gameplay though, kinda working my way backwards through the series I guess. Gonna try out Forgotten Sands when I finish the 08 one and if I like that I'll get the ps2 ones on ebay or something.

8. 7,791
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Im taking a look at wikipedia because i played the princes of persia years ago, the good ones was made at 2003-2005 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia
    Are 3 games (that was re-published as a bluray for PS3 btw)... and the 4th is "the forgotten sands"
    That 4 gmes are very good, from them the best probably is "the forgotten sands" just because the graphics, but the previous ones have very nice level design

The idea of rewind the time initially was used to fix your mistakes... you know like in some classic console emulators where you can rewind, is ok but in itself is not specially funny
    The good thing of it is this allowed them to increase the difficulty level, you know instead of displaying a "game over" again and again to the player they allows you to rewind
    Later they realized that hey could use that rewind to solve puzzles... and the whole thing becomes tricky

I always thought the tomb raiders and prince of persias of that years was taking ideas from each other... in some way both was in the same category of "enviromental puzzle"... they have some fighting/shooting, and is ok to relax a bit but "meh" the fun is in finding the correct path and the skills needed to pass that point
    Usually you are presented with a temple in ruins, if you stop some seconds in front of it and you move the camera you are going to see that there are 2 or 3 paths... one allows you to advance, the others have secrets, and you dont know which one is each but probably you want to take a look at all them :D

There are not much games like that... al least not so good like this ones

Coldheart2236, Yugonibblit and Algol like this.
  9. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

just finished up new super mario bros. u deluxe. i had already beaten the game, so I just had star road to finish. I got the remaining star coins earlier, and some of them were a doozy. luigi u -- I'll play that at another time. :D

Yugonibblit likes this.
  10. 97
    zarebcn

zarebcn Member

Finished NIER, the graphics are a bit ugly but if you dont care about it its a great game and now starting Dead Space 3, i dunno why it got so much hate because im loving it, probably it dont has the scary moments of the 1st game and is a bit more of a shooter but is still great. When i finish DS3, Valkyria Chronicles is the next one.

Major_Pothead92 and pinky like this.
  11. 3,577
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Just started on Mass Effect 3, could of sworn I had the other 2 as well but oh well no save transfer progress bonus for me for playing them in order lol. I'll have to go out and get the other 2 but am not going to complain as when I got ME3 it was only £1 and the disc was still more or less brand new, not a single surface scratch on it and the case was still more or less brand new as well lol.

So far am enjoying it, game's that are effected by your choices are good, make you feel in full control of what your doing as long as there is sufficiant options available and good dynamics at play....

12. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

after seeing a review for the new super lucky's tale for the switch, I decided to download a demo of the game. I enjoyed it so much that I immediately bought the game. the only real downside that I can see is that you have to complete a level in order to save.

13. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

not sure why this is, but new super lucky's tale can't do cloud saving. I can understand pokemon (undoing trades you're not satisfied with or something), but this game!?

I encountered a weird bug/glitch in the game too. I retrieved a woman's crystal ball only to get stuck in a wall with no way out. I found a way to kill myself though.

14. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

15. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I beat new super lucky's tale. the game was pretty easy. the last boss was one of the only challenges for me.

16. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I've started playing monster boy and the cursed kingdom. it's a very entertaining game with lots of puzzles.

for example, one of the bosses talks gibberish unless you enable "ghost voice translate" in the game's settings. that option doesn't seem to appear until one of your pals says, "isn't there a way to change languages?" at first, I thought it was talking about the actual menu text, but then I saw that ghost thing right below it.

you actually get some clues in this game unlike axiom verge and bloodstained. those two games tell you next to nothing about what you should be doing. I still haven't beaten bloodstained some six+ months later.

anyway, I beat the boss of the haunted mansion last. now, I just need to find these three relics. I've had to consult the map heavily, and thus far, I haven't found anything. :(

imo, the hard parts are the enemies. you have to get very close to them in order to hit them, and some of the later enemies can take out 3 or 4 hearts with a single hit.

this game was a recommendation from a friend. I think because it was on sale or he had played others in the series. he told me that he still hasn't played the game. oh, it was on sale for $17.99 instead of $39.99. :) I think that's why he recommended it.

imo, it's quite a bit better than bloodstained. I might say it's on par with guacamelee. I haven't played the second one of that series, since I'm still trying to get through the first one. heh....

17. 587
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Student
    Home Page:
    Have anyone ever heard about EmiBoy,EmiNES,EmiSNES,EmiGens?
    Sometimes,I'm playing retro games on these Emulator
    But these Emulator work like real Console!

18. 354
    Luisile

Luisile Member

Im playing constantly Real racing 3 on android.
    and on ps3 i play ratchet and clank trilogy
    on ps4 i have started horizon zero dawn complete edition

19. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I'm at the final boss in monster boy. I have the best weapon and armor (couldn't find the other golden parts). anyway, I made to his fourth form on my first or second try. he only has one life bar left at that form, but I have no idea how to hit him.

I've been meaning to finish guacamelee, final fantasy vii and ix, as well as this. I guess I have a tendency not to fight the final enemy, because the exploration is over. I have 14 hearts iirc. there's room for 20 just like zelda. however, my map is nearly complete at about 96.2%.

20. 13,239
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I beat monster boy earlier today. the last boss had like six forms. however, I managed to defeat him without using my healing potion. after a few attempts, it got easier, knowing what to do. now, I"m back on world 8 with super luigi u.

oh, I bought the remake of wonder boy. it's part of the same series as monster boy (even featuring some of the same songs).