PS3HEN Games Aren't Working

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by segrocers, Jul 15, 2019.

1. 5
    segrocers

segrocers Forum Noob

I had just installed HEN 2 days ago. First, I had put Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Final Mix on the PS3 via NTFS USB with Multiman, and it seemed to work at first. After further inspection, the game would just restart after I skip some cut scenes. I then tried Persona 5 via NTFS USB with Irisman, and the game won't even start. It starts on multiman, but gives me an error. Anyone have any ideas?

2. 225
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Regarding Kingdom Hearts 2.5, that might just be because it's on an NTFS USB. Or did you copy it to your systems HDD? Is it in Folder Format or ISO? I got that one working as split ISO on a FAT32 USB no problems with multiman.

3. 5
    segrocers

segrocers Forum Noob

I didn't try that with KH. I tried it with Persona 5 and it didn't work. I've also tried Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and that didn't work as a JB or ISO. Well, it worked with JB from my USB for a little, then looped one screen forever. Now when I start it up, it stays on a loading screen forever

4. 225
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I don't know if it will help, but in multiman under settings there's an option to "clear game cache data" maybe try doing that and restart multiman and see if the games work again after that. I've recently had a problem in multiman where ISO's won't mount on the XMB unless I go and clear game cache data, quit and restart multiman. Think it's because I've been playing a lot of PSX games from my USB, dunno but maybe that will help fix your problem.

5. 5
    segrocers

segrocers Forum Noob

After 4 days of trying to get this to work, I've decided to just start from the beginning again. I'm installing OFW then following the HEN guide.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  6. 11,130
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

hmm...might have an effect, but to my understanding, clear game cache data is for split game files. when they're split, they're combined on the internal hdd. they're stored in a cache, so that it doesn't have to recombine them every time. clearing it erases those files.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  7. 5
    segrocers

segrocers Forum Noob

Thank you for that info, I'll make sure to remember that

8. 225
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

It seems to help, least for my situation and whatever is causing it. I just started having this problem a few days ago. Had a PSX game mounted on the XMB. Loaded up multiman to launch another game and it didn't appear on the XMB. Happens with both retro (PSX) and the ps3 ISO's. Even reinstalled multiman but it's still happening. Only thing that gets it working again is doing clear game cache data and restarting multiman. Sometimes it will work again after just restarting mm, but not always.

pinky likes this.
  9. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

i'd first try with webman MOD but always suspect your backups firstythen anything else.use ISO's for best compatability,there isn't a benefit in splitting anything when using ntfs and internal drives.