PS3HEN Games ignoring save files

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Def4uIt, Oct 23, 2019.

1. 4
    Def4uIt

Def4uIt Forum Noob

I apologise if this is not the place for this kind of question, I'm quite new to the PS3 Homebrew community.

So, I made a backup with the ps3's backup utility since I wanted to upgrade my hd + update to the latest firmware, and after going through the process I reinstalled the PKG for a game that I once uninstalled since there was no space left. But now when I start the game it creates a new save file and ignores the existing one. It's the exact same game, not a different version of the same game.

Also, another thing I wanted to ask is, do the act and idps files change due to an update? I've noticed that some dlcs I once had it working don't work now that I've updated, not even after I've installed again.

2. 12,859
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

the idps is the system id; the act.dat is the account id. they won't change unless you change systems or accounts. if the game is working, it's probably not that.

3. 4
    Def4uIt

Def4uIt Forum Noob

I see, thanks for the clarification. Do you have any clue as to why my save files are not being recognized by the game?

4. 47
    Kennerc

Kennerc Member

Are you sure it's not from a different region? I think it associate the save ID with the game ID, as it is with the PSP.

5. 4
    Def4uIt

Def4uIt Forum Noob

Pretty sure, the PKGs I used where still in the PKG linker from the other time I've used. But is there any way to validade? Maybe checking inside the save files?

6. 47
    Kennerc

Kennerc Member

Sorry for the late response, I'm new to the PS3 scene, so the suggestion is based on the knowledge about PSP, but it should be similar.
    Using a file manager, or even webman, try to locate your save, and see if it has the same code as the code of the game.
    Let's say your save is named BLUSxxxxxA, your game should have the same start and end, if it is BLUSxxxxxxB or BLESxxxxxxA, it's from a different region, there's no reason for it not seeing the save if they are from the same region.

Def4uIt likes this.
  7. 4
    Def4uIt

Def4uIt Forum Noob

Sorry for the late response, i want to apologize for this thread since the response was obvious. It was a different region PKG, i only found out about that after exporting both saves and seeing their game codes. No idea how i forgot I've downloaded another PKG but that's a whole another problem. Thanks for the help everyone!

Tags: