PS3 Games Textures

Discussion in 'GTA IV' started by Danxx444, Jun 16, 2019.

1. 531
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

As you guys have read, I'll talk about the textures in some games on PS3. Well I noticed this a while ago, but it did not bother me much, even because I did not notice it so much. It turns out that when I do not play a game for a long time, when I go to play it again the textures of the game take longer to load , I go the example of God Of War III, when I go to play it after a while, when opening the items / weapons menu, the textures of the pandora box and the weapons take a while to get polished, and when I leave the menu, the textures of the scenery are also loading. Another thing is also that sometimes the game hangs and the music keeps playing and repeating, in the cutscenes the speeches of the characters repeat, until the game stops for once, there are some bugs, as for example one that occurred recently, in the last scene of the when we have to press the L2 + R2 to kill Kratos, it happened that Kratos disappeared from the screen, and then I managed to control it with the static camera (it was bizarre lol). So far we can say that my disk is "with dirt ", but no, my discs are clean and well maintained. Does anyone know what this is?

2. 5,456
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

In that example the game was located in a external USB device ?... if the answer is yes you should try to defragment it

Danxx444 likes this.
  3. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

can be couple of things,either your hdd is getting really filled up and fragmented,or it simply starting to fail.fragmenting you can solve by simply cleaning it a little,you should get about one fifth of total capacity free but cleaner it get it will be more consistent.fragmenting issues you will resolve by simply rebuilding the database from recovery,that defrags the drive also.

also,sheck your hdd anyway,you can just connect it to pc either via internal sata or some kind of enclosure,dock,it doesn't really matter.just don't initialize it under windows when prompted,that will reformat your hdd.then,you can simply run diagnostics software like hdd sentinel annd read s.m.a.r.t. parameters and that program will give you general idea on hdd's state.if it's failing,have a lot of bad sectors or worse raw read errors,you should replace it as sooner you can,if it's little banged up for example it has a couple of bad sectors and maybe power failure or two it's pretty much safe to continue using it if you don't value the data that's stored on it.

Danxx444 likes this.
  4. 531
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

No
    Original game disk

5. 1,284
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College student
    Home Page:
    If you run games from external Drive then check your HDD Health with Crystal Disk Info it may have bad sector ,if disk is correct then try to defragment it to collect the informations in first blocks before the rest of the free space as if the disk is fragmented the data on disk are splited in many areas that is why ps3 take time to collect them and load in one or even check your internal hdd health also

6. 1,284
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College student
    Home Page:
    try to see your HDD Health using Crystal Disk info on pc

Danxx444 likes this.
  7. 5,456
    sandungas

Then try to defragment PS3 internal HDD... by entering recovery menu and using the option "Restore filesystem"

8. 531
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

I do this 3 times a week lol

9. 5,456
    sandungas

Good :)
    But then i guess there is not much to do... next thing you can do related with files loaded by the game is
    -delete the gamedata installation and game patches (with triangle in XMB)... then boot the game and allow it to reinstall all that

-have you took a look at the BD surface under a lamp ?... maybe it have fingerprints

-maybe your bluray lens is too much weared out and is about to become "blind". Have you tryed with other BD discs ? (i mean real discs inserted in the drive). And have you checked if ths problem happens only with real BD discs ?

10. 531
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

The discs are clean, I take great care of them, I always check them before using them. I will try to reinstall the game data again. This is happening in MGSV, also with the slow loading the textures, this is in digital format that I had bought.

11. 531
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

Thanks. I'll ask my brother to take a look at it, he understands better about these things.