Games You're Currently Playing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pinky, Sep 12, 2019.

1. 410
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard
    Home Page:
    Hi mate.
    Yeah I guess I can live with it because it's a more recent model.
    It's a 3003b.
    Guess it's one of those that nobody can delid. But I'm not interested in deliding it anyways.
    I'm just about installing HFW then I'll Hen this bastard.
    It's really something that ebay sellers shouldn't do , stating it's one model and send you another.
    So just watch out , don't buy anything if there's no photos proving it's the actual model.
    Mine said in description it was a 2103b as you recommended me and I bought it out of good faith.
    But another lesson learned.
    I just cleaned the outside , will open it soon and clean it inside and check the thermal paste.
    Console was full of those stupid silver warranty stickers , maybe this console was sent to be repaired before?
    Also the controller I got was a non dual shock one , I was wondering why it was so bloody light compared to my other 2 DS3 ones.
    I noticed the controller's also been opened as the thread of the screws are worn down.
    So who knows how many times it's been opened.
    Console is also missing all it's bloody feet.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    pinky likes this.
  2. 214
    jacobsson

jacobsson Member

Right now I'm playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x (widescreen patched on my RGH xbox 360). It brings back memories from when I first got it on the Dreamcast 17 yers ago. Tbh, dreamcast output some really decent picture for cheap, so this version is not that much better.

Peppe90, pinky and Filipe Santos like this.
  3. 1,692
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Get a refund lad, not worth keeping if you're used to CFW.

Buy one from CEX or some second hand shop.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

pinky and Filipe Santos like this.
  4. 410
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard
    Home Page:
    I've been waiting pratically nearly 2 weeks to get this that's why I'm not gonna bother.
    Just enabled hen , installed webman , just installed multiman.
    I'll get used to this.
    Apart from that hope that ebay seller will enjoy his/her negative feedback on her list.

pinky likes this.
  5. 11,981
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

yeah, if it were me, I'd get a refund. I waited over two months for an ez flash omega. I never received it though, so I got a refund. I wouldn't let 2 weeks of waiting stop you.

Filipe Santos likes this.
  6. 410
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard
    Home Page:
    I know bro , my wife said same thing to me but i've been waiting for so long for this shit to arrive and I can't wait to play some games since I have no other consoles to play on.
    So , just enabled Hen , webman's in , multiman's in , gonna pop in some games and F%$# it.

It's a 3003b date code 1B , min firmware 3.65.
    1BApril, May, June / 2011

jacobsson and pinky like this.
  7. 11,981
    pinky

would you have returned it if hen didn't exist?

8. 631
    Peppe90

Peppe90 Member

I had (and still have) a demo with this game for Ps1. I spent more hours on it than many complete games :D
    I was always at the outside park level (there was only another one, but was internal, I liked it less). The music is still stuck in my head:

Major_Pothead92, jacobsson and pinky like this.
  9. 11,981
    pinky

I saw a speedrun of one of the tony hawk games. it was a world record. I think the guy beat the game in like four minutes or so.

10. 410
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard
    Home Page:
    Probably.
    Too used to homebrew and cfw specially.

pinky likes this.
  11. 11,981
    pinky

probably part of what you paid for that system was due to it supposedly being cfw-compatible. I just bought a logitech controller for the ps2 a week or two ago. the receiver doesn't work. however, I have several other controllers whose receivers work. something is causing interference (I think), but why only new receivers? I'm not sure how long this controller has been boxed (unopened), but the two double A batteries seemed to have corrosion on them, so it's probably been boxed for years. the guy offered to send me his own personal receiver if I shipped the one that didn't work back, which I did. it was a flat rate at the post office: $8. I thought it was going to be like $3, since the receiver is small enough to fit in an envelope. anyway, I also had a white controller (new) by logitech. that receiver didn't work either, which is why I bought this one. I didn't want to return the second controller, because it works very well, with my receivers. I think it was the principle of the thing when it comes to that $8. I want what I bought.

12. 410
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard
    Home Page:
    bro ive initially bought the console with cfw in mind so the fact it can run hen its good enough for me.
    i can play the games with homebrew or not but i prefer running homebrew because of its usefulness.
    the seller got a bad rep from me anyways , shouldnt be advertising one model and then send you something completely different.
    after my incident with the 2503b nakedsnake advised me to grab a 21xx model instead and that's what i was expecting.
    anyways F%$# it. just opening the ps3 now and clean it , it's crammed with dust.

pinky likes this.
  13. 410
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard
    Home Page:
    i paid same price that i paid for a cfw compatible console before.
    paid around 60 odd quid for it.
    i agree and it's simple if people would be legit and come forward with their sales.
    not sending something different and then expecting things to be ok.
    my wife just wrote everything for me and the sellers answer was that only difference between this and the 21xx model was the hdd size and that this cpu model was faster.Righhtt......
    sorry about to hear about your experience too.
    im the kind of person that expects to receive what was advertised.
    i sold stuff on ebay before and i never tricked anybody.
    cant be bothered with this hassle of waiting ages to get something and then theres something wrong and taking more time to return and get another thing back.

anyways this is offtopic.
    my apologies.

pinky likes this.
  14. 11,981
    pinky

off topic, I'm hoping to get a sub woofer today. my setup is so old that I'm still using speaker wire. the one component not using it is the sub woofer though. I'm buying the same make/model (klipsch ksw10) as I did before, since I know it works with my setup. my current one produces no sound. I really hope that's the problem. I already tried different cables. I don't think it's the receiver, since everything else works.

jacobsson and Filipe Santos like this.
  15. 410
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard
    Home Page:
    good luck my friend!
    if youre buying from ebay my advice is check the photo to prove its thsat model you want or even ask the seller.
    any proper seller should send you whats advertised , not otherwise.

pinky likes this.
  16. 11,981
    pinky

yes, one of the photos shows the model number plate or sticker. I'm just afraid that it's not going to work, that there's some sort of additional option that's the problem. if I go through speaker level on the receiver, no sound comes from the sub woofer. I remember it receiving sound before. this is the second time this has happened. the first time, when it was still under warranty, I sent in just the board which is directly connected with all the switches and inputs. someone is selling a board on ebay for almost the same price as the entire unit, so I just decided on the entire unit instead. shipping is only $18, which doesn't sound right. the seller is probably going to get ripped off with shipping as that receiver I mentioned, which is like an inch or two big, was $8 by itself. I think the sub woofer might be 30+ pounds.

17. 11,981
    pinky

I won that auction, so I got it for cheap. that speaker has to weigh at least 30lbs, so I can just imagine the shipping costs, which I will not have to pay. :D

back on topic, I'm now in dungeon 5 of link's awakening. it took like 20 minutes to get there from dungeon four, so it was much easier to find.

I'm still stuck BIG TIME in bloodstained. I'm at 75.80%. the guy who does crafting had a conversation with me. he mentioned a demon that had the ability to fly in some fiery place. I think I know the place he's talking about. I tried getting shards off of all of the enemies, but none of them make you fly. I think I need that ability. I also got a key somewhere, which I didn't even notice was in my inventory. I have no idea where the locked door is. this has got to be one of the most confusing games I've ever played.

I also played a bit more of breath of fire. I'm Nina at the moment. I went through a forest into some tower. god, it takes forever to gain a level in that game. I'm saved inside that tower. I think I might've missed a few chests beforehand. I did find some in the forest, behind random trees.

18. 11,981
    pinky

I might have to hold back with bloodstained. that game is confusing as hell, and I've looked everywhere.

I beat the fifth dungeon early this morning in link's awakening. the boss was just cheap and stupid.

in dragon quest 2, I got the boat, and I'm now saved in the first town of dq 1. dragon quest 1, 2, 3, and 11 are all related btw. I'm going to beat the first three dragon quest games before going back to 11. I'll probably just start over from the 11 demo. funny thing is that the only way to delete demo saves is through the demo itself. also, auto saves -- I can't seem to delete from the demo.

anyway, the music changed on the overworld once I got my third party member. I didn't think they did that on any nes rpgs. I thought they were just as basic as it comes. I'm really liking this game, lite on story, big on exploration. the only one of my characters who seems to be able to do anything is the hero. my other two characters get hurt easily and take out pathetic amounts. I probably need to go to an armory, but the princess can't seem to equip much of anything. lol

oh, I also got the rocket ship medallion in poi. it took me a moment to realize that I could buy the compass from the shop on the airship. what doesn't make sense to me is why I'm rocketed to the moon in the end.

19. 282
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Hell yeah THPS2 I remember getting that one on my 8th birthday or something. Haven't played it in a while, my best memories of that one were playing "Horse" with profanity or made up words on splitscreen lmao. Game had an epic soundtrack for sure, would occasionally put it on just to hear When Worlds Collide. Damn do I miss the action sports days and hype, growing up, never got too great at skating myself lol.

Peppe90 and pinky like this.
  20. 11,981
    pinky

well, I beat dragon quest 2 this morning. now, it's on to part 3. one thing I've noticed is that there's no jitter this time when you walk and the game scrolls. I also got a couple tiny medals. I remember those from the later games like dq 6. they're not in 1 or 2.

edit: btw, I found something weird. the magic spells in dq 2 -- the ones that both the prince and princess have -- require different amounts of mp. for example, midheal is 3 for the prince and 4 for the princess or something like that.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019