GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6 PUBLIC BETA

Discussion in '3DS' started by pinky, Dec 23, 2015.

1. 10,231
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

Code:
    Merry Christmas Y’all! Team GATEWAY is back with a nice update for our loyal userbase to enjoy!

Today we present GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6! Read on for more info on the new functionality..
    But lets start with the full featurelist:

* Added in-game menu!
    – Configure cheats (supports CIA and 3DS formats)
    – Search for cheats
    – RAM dumper
    – Hex editor

* Improved game selection menu!
    – Switch game language instantly
    – Switch between classic mode and Gateway mode instantly
    – Handy SYSNAND/EMUNAND indicator
    – Smooth and fluid movements

* Improved cheats!
    – More memory (x4!)
    – Repeat code Cxxxxxxx fixed

In our last release we gave you a taste of our new cheat engine, today we take it a step further by
    putting cheat hacking capabilities in YOUR hands! We’ve added a way of overriding the language auto
    detection for games which has been requested a lot! We also got a request to increase the available cheat space,
    so we quadrupled it! This should give plenty of space!

You can press the UP key in the game selection menu to get a list of options which allow you to
    set the mode and language as well as the activator key you want to use for our brand new in-game menu!

The in-game cheatmenu offers all kinds of exciting functionalities for cheaters and aspiring
    hackers. There’s a classic “cheat search” which allows you to scan for 8, 16, 32 bit
    values (both signed and unsigned) and lets you select various conditions (greater than, less than,
    equal, exact value, etc.) to narrow the number of possible memory locations. Like magic, within
    minutes you will be able to find the memory address that holds the player’s lifes and directly
    edit the memory from the in-game cheat menu! If that’s not enough, advanced cheat hackers can directly
    enter the hex editor and hack away at writable memory regions at will.

Furthermore you can create RAM dumps to the microSD card in the Gateway Red card if you plan to do analysis of these on
    your computer rather than use our cheat finder. The format for the dumps files is as follows:
    * 32 bit header with number of memory mappings (mapcount)
    * mapping info objects [int vaddr, int paddr, int size] (12byte per entry)
    * data for each mapping, stored consecutively

Note that most of the ingame functionality requires the Gateway Red card and a microSD with some writable space available
    for temporary memory storage.
    As always, enjoy! There’s still much more to come! Support the true innovators!

source: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/
    it's always nice to see a new update for any system. update = hold down R while booting msets to force the update. updated my new 3ds. hopefully, they'll break the new arm 9 encryption of the new 3ds, so I can update my emunand beyond 9.5.0-23. :)

2. 10,231
    pinky

this maybe the best part of the update:

[​IMG]

I installed the Majora's Mask theme to differentiate between emunand and system nand, which has no theme. plus, it was fitting since I have the Majora's Mask new 3ds. :) I believe gateway still suffers from the bug that places u back in system nand if u check system settings to see if ur in emunand. that was the reason for the theme installation. it's no longer necessary it'd seem, so there's less chance of a brick if u install a cia to the system nand. just hold up within the gateway game selection menu to check. :)

3. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

also has the 3d bug hopefulley they can fix the gateway emunand one day stuck at 9.5 on N3DS :(

4. 10,231
    pinky

[MENTION=43]stussy[/MENTION] , that's due to the new 3ds arm 9 encryption. I'm stuck on that emunand firmware as well.

5. 10,231
    pinky

3.6.1 released (my 3ds' photo):

[​IMG]

scrolling through games is now very fast. :)

6. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Doesn't work on n3ds 9.0 or n3ds xl 9.2 have to launch in system nand for it to
    Work other goes to black screen on red card launch works fine in old 3ds though

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  7. 10,231
    pinky

[MENTION=43]stussy[/MENTION] , I'm not sure what u mean about the new 3ds. I'm using a new 3ds xl to launch emunand through msets. is that what u mean?

8. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

everytime i run gateway card i have to launch to gateway screen and hold down x to launch into system nand mode other wise i get
    a black screen when launching gateway red card.
    Was working fine before menuhax /browserhax/ ninjhax works fine also launching to gateway screen works fine just booting up crashes to black screen

9. 10,231
    pinky

u get a black screen if u launch emunand? and, u have to launch into the gateway menu to launch anything? I'm not encountering this issue. gateway is launching the way it always has for me. did u try reinstalling the update?

10. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Yeah both n3ds and n3ds xl having the problem but working fine on old will try and download update and update it again and will post back

ok tryed updating it again same problem but i narrowed it down i uninstalled theme hax and is working fine but as soon as i install the theme hax again doesnt let me run it again thru gateway mode only lets me run it thru
    gateway sysnand mode

so to narrow it down N3ds doesnt work with gateway mode together with theme hax

but works well with O3ds

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  11. 10,231
    pinky

not sure since I use msets to boot my emunand. my micro sd card just got corrupted last night too, so I have to do the hacks over again. my system is charging atm. I'm not sure which would've been worse - losing the internal micro sd or the one plugged into the gateway. I had an old backup of the content including my saves, so at least everything wasn't lost. I had sold several games after ripping their saves, so they would've been gone for good. :-/

12. 130
    stussy

stussy Member

Yeah I downgraded the n3ds,s when I first got them when using gateway and nvram
    And also now am using mset to launch gateway but the theme hax comes in handy
    To direct boot gateway thru the homebrew channel without going into system settings all the time
    Straight of system boot by pressing r1 I'm sure there will be a way to get it working
    One day

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  13. 10,231
    pinky

I believe there's a bug with the dev menu app after a lot of trial and error. it'll error when updating the nand via cia if a file already exists. big blue/content manager seems to be able to read/skip the files fine. due to the dev menu, updating the nand left me with a black screen upon boot. this is emunand, not sysnand, so I just redid everything and unlinked the nands before trying again. damn app messed everything up.

14. 10,231
    pinky

I believe I've fixed the error. now, on 9.5.0-23 with my new 3ds' emunand. I just installed every title update for USA, now it's themes. I'll need to delete enough to equal 100, then select the Majora's Mask one. then, I'm going to install a myriad of nes, gameboy, gameboy color, GBA, genesis games one at a time, so I don't get them confused. it's too bad I can't post my findings on the content sites, 'cause I now know how to do everything perfectly without issues, what may cause issues, etc. I can't post anywhere, 'cause if they know I'm posting, I'll be banned, so I'm silent everywhere but here. too bad, because there's a lot of misinformation on other sites. that's their problem though. anyway, I'll post a photo once everything is done. I beat the hell out of the 3ds like I did the vita/pstv. :)

15. 10,231
    pinky

I got no presents for Christmas, so this will do:
    [​IMG]

16. 10,231
    pinky

3.6.2 was released. everything is now fixed on my 3ds. the problem was corrupted update files. I've noticed there's a limit to the number of games that can be displayed on the system menu like with themes. if u go beyond a certain limit, older games will start being deleted to make room for newer ones. the number might be 255, but I'd have to count each game. I probably have a little over 200 games installed.

17. 10,231
    pinky

I just installed menuhax, but doesn't work the way I wanted it to. I was hoping I could boot into emunand, but it seems to be another way of booting into the homebrew channel, then into other homebrew, cfw, gateway menu, etc. msets still seems to be the best way of booting into gateway. as long as u can go into menuhax, boot into gateway menu, then downgrade the nvram, there's no need for cubic ninja or any other hack to install msets. :)

18. 2,889
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Try ctrbootmanager, to me it works better with emunand/rxtools, though I am not so sure about the boot rate for GW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. 10,231
    pinky

I just tried ctrbootmanager, and it worked! emunand loaded automatically upon system bootup if no buttons r pressed. ;)

20. 10,231
    pinky

3.7 out now with support for emunand 10.3 for new 3ds users! installed and working great! :)