Gen:heur.veil.6 virus(?) on \PS3xploit-resigner-master\source\tools\ps3py_exe

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by lsnkpwl, Apr 15, 2018.

1. 5
    lsnkpwl

lsnkpwl Forum Noob

Hi my antivirus (g data) found this trojan virus on resigner master tool i downloaded from github. I also used avast to scan this file and did not detected nothing. Does this file is safe?

2. 7,654
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Yes.

Is heuristic detection, which mean that there is no virus detection, but detection of app that potentially can be virus.
    Here is little bit more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_analysis

So is kind of normal that unknown app trying to modify file by injecting something to it will be detected as dangerous by heuristic. Some AV engines are sick about it...
    About avast. This av have special function for those kind of apps, if program is potentially dangerous then app will send it to avast laboratory, they will check it, and answer that is safe or not. Is good solution because they can add its checksum to whitelist later for other users (that's why you don't get any warning in avast ;) ).

STLcardsWS likes this.
  3. 435
    junaid

junaid Member

SHOWING DE WAY
    Antiviruses are crap nowadays. They just mess with everything you do. I had to even turn off windows defender to stop it from messing with me. Kaspersky is an exception tho. It doesn't flag each and every thing unlike the free bs mcafee you get when you buy a new laptop.

4. 2,464
    Berion

Berion Developer

If You afraid, which is natural reaction, run in isolated environment (virtual machine/HV, memory sandbox, API translator on exotic system, not connected platform to network etc. etc).

STLcardsWS likes this.