PS3 General questions and answers about HAN

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by Scorpion355, Aug 10, 2018.

1. 3
    ImUrGuy

ImUrGuy Forum Noob

Thanks for the quick response. I've now followed the link and read the site guidelines.

Just to be absolutely clear, let me tell you what I've gathered from this:
    • the only type of file HAN can read is .pkg files
    • Sony released some PS1/PS2/PSP games under their "Classics" line, which are PSN games that emulate those systems
    • Some PS1/PS2/PSP games are already available in this format, and I can just download those andplay
    • For games that aren't, I can use a special tool that will take the normal ISO for a game, and convert it into a PSN "Classics" title that is a.pkg, and can be played on my PS3 Super Slim
    • This process will work for virtually any PS1/PS2/PSP game, though the process is a bit more tedious for PS1
    Is all of that correct? Or am I misunderstanding something?

2. 199
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

Correc
    Yes correct, though the PS2 and Ps1 use different programs so keep that in mind, i don't know about the psp since I've Never worked with it.

3. 8
    alebarco

alebarco Member

i'm really grateful with han developers, very easy to use and good tool.

My question is: most of the pkg games i have installed are Unsigned pkg just with the signed rap file associated with them; all of them work fine after i enable han on the console. But is there a caveat to not signing the pkg's? i'm actually grateful i do not havee to sign large files because i only have VERY weak pc's at the moment; i also read on some other thread most psn pkg do not need resigning but psx/ps2/psp do.

Also a sillier question maybe: is there a way to play the games without enabling han or any of these rap licensed games will only work after i enable han?

4. 7,870
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

1. Retail disc based games, with official updates available, converted with CFW2OFW. There are 2 options in this case:

A. Resign everything with HAN ecdsa key then enable HAN to install the resigned pkg & to play the game

B. Add a proper lic.dat file in the game folder tree (see the cfw2ofw conversion process info for details). No need to resign any files, use the Debug pkg Enabler tool to install the cfw2ofw pkg. HAN is not required to play the game.

2. PS3 PSN games must be resigned with the HAN ecdsa key. HAN must be enabled to install the resigned pkg & to play the game.

3. Emulated ganes/apps (ps1, ps2, psp...).
    Same requirement as 2.

blakluv69 likes this.
  5. 46
    blakluv69

blakluv69 Member

@bguerville sO, then hOw dO i take the (PKG Files) that are On My PS3 nOw that Are (Unsigned pkg's) ?????
    Is it pOssible tO use HAN v0.5 tO sign them and then inject Or whutever the term is intO the game?????

I Am Using HAN v0.5 and i dOn't really understand all Of the New Features HAN has nOw.....[​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  6. 15
    Sharky987

Sharky987 Forum Noob

In HAN it is possible to launch a game from a bd player like a bd mirror or activate this because some game require this option to work

7. 7,870
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

HAN is a npdrm hack which means it can only work with npdrm games/apps. That's all HAN does, it cannot run homebrew, it cannot add features or patch the kernel.
    It only allows npdrm content to run if resigned properly.

What is npdrm content?
    Any content downloaded from PSN is npdrm, games or apps in pkg format. A ps3 retail bd game is not npdrm licensed so it cannot use HAN. But a game update pkg is npdrm so the same disc game converted with CFW2OFW is npdrm because cfw2ofw overwrites the original retail game executable files with npdrm executable files extracted from a game update pkg.

HAN is a npdrm hack to be used on OFW, not on CFW where any content including npdrm can already be installed & played.

Basically if you are using HAN on OFW:
    1. A retail disc playing from the BD player doesn't require HAN because it is not npdrm licensed.
    2. A copied PS3 game disc cannot run with or without HAN.
    3. BDEmu is a DEX feature which is not available with HAN. It is unrelated to npdrm.
    4. BD-mirroring is not a feature which is available, with or without HAN. It is unrelated to npdrm.
    5. By nature, a npdrm game gets fully installed on the hdd in the /dev_hdd0/game folder. It doesn't run from a BD disc.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Sharky987, Scorpion355 and blakluv69 like this.
  8. 15
    Sharky987

Sharky987 Forum Noob

is it possible to put an update cheater on Han that I download on the net and resign for Han? because nothing happens!

9. 15
    Sharky987

Sharky987 Forum Noob

is there a way to import a locked backup to HAN? because all my psn games are locked backups! should I modify the sfo parameter before installing them?

10. 7,870
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

No, it's not possible..
    And this is not a HAN related problem at all btw. HAN deals with npdrm games from PSN not retail disc games.

The update requirement is a limitation of the cfw2ofw conversion process because devs currently don't have the means to transform a retail disc signed binary into an official 4.xx npdrm binary that the ofw system will accept. When an update exists, the update binaries are npdrm files, they can be used to replace the original files & de facto transform the game into a pseudo npdrm format. When no update exists, the game is simply not cfw2ofw compatible.

Sharky987 likes this.