Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

General Questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by ichdrope, Jan 4, 2019.

1. 2
    ichdrope

ichdrope Forum Noob

Hey, Im totally new to this stuff so forgive stupid question. Also thank you for everyone who is helping me!

So I have a PS3Slim (CECH-3004B) and as far as I know I cant jailbreak and install things like "multiman" on my PS3 slim cuz its to new. Can someone confirm that?

So after some research I read about "HAN" and Im asking myself what the difference to Multiman is. Can I still install PS3 games with HAN? Can I still play emulated games from N64, PS1 etc with HAN?

2. 9
    XemnasNoHeart

XemnasNoHeart Member

3. 563
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Yes, this is correct. You cannot jailbreak, but you can install HAN provided you are on 4.82 and have not updated to 4.83.
    This guide will tell you everything you need to know about HAN aka PS3Xploit 3.0.

The big difference is that you cannot run homebrew like a jailbroken PS3 on CFW can. You can however still play PS1, PS2, PSP and of course PS3 backups. While CFW supports emulation of many retro consoles, HAN does not as it requires a homebrew application in order to do so. N64 emulation cannot be done on the PS3 even with CFW due to the technical limitations of the system itself. Hope this helps.

4. 2
    ichdrope

ichdrope Forum Noob

Sadly, I wasnt aware about HAN and I already updated to 4.83, is there a way to go back to 4.82 or am I F'ed?

5. 563
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

As you're on a late slim model I would say no, but I'm not absolutely sure. Someone else may be able to confirm for definite, but I'm almost certain that trying to downgrade using an E3 flasher would brick your system. What I can say for definite is you can't remove the hard drive and try installing 4.82 on another, as the firmware is stored on the NOR flash.

As I don't think a hardware flasher to downgrade is an option, I believe your only option is to wait and if a new exploit is found on 4.83. There is currently no ETA on one, or even a guarantee that one will even be found.

6. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Yeah, you pretty much screwed yourself, sorry man. :(

7. 117
    PattrickH

PattrickH Member

8. 1
    Mels

Mels Forum Noob

Hey
    My apologies for just popping over your thread.I am in a similar situation.
    Newbie question: if there is no jailbreak for 4.83 why the internet is full with those links,and once you download it they ask for a password,to get the password you need to make a survey.
    I downloaded the supposed 4.83 cfw for 4004c but stopped when I saw that each download requires a password.

Basically there is no way for the moment to play pirated games on this model?

9. 1,636
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    This is a rip of and will most likely brick your PS3. And these "sites" are dodgy and are designed to scim info from you. And contain within that file you dowload coud be anything for virus to malware. There is no jailbreak for these model PS3 because of the metldr2 used in them, at least not yet anyways. There is only HAN if your on OFW 4.82 intil a new xploit is released.

My philosophy is that if its not on this site, or known on this site, then its fake as the devs of the xploit are on, and use this site.

This is against site rules, no piracy is allowed and no help will be given to people who pirate on this site.

And as a former games dev from the games industry, that worked hard on some of those games you want to "pirate" and have family that have worked in the industry for 30+ years and still do, it is nothing more or less than "theft" to me and costs people like me their jobs because of it.

10. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

*shrug*

It's been over 20 years since the PS1 came out and almost 20 years since the PS2 came out, PS1/PS2 is no longer supported (by that I mean all online servers for PS2 are shut down, and they no longer create new PS1/PS2 consoles or PS1/PS2 games)

IMO, they are greedy for re-selling things like the PS Classics console with 150 games or whatever for $150-$200 that is just pure greed from them, most developers simply turn their games into freeware and let the internet do what they will with it, Sony wants to keep beating a dead horse until there's nothing left to beat, then take the grass they beat it on and resell it again, then take the dirt the grass grew in and resell that too, it's the reason why I personally could care less about pirating PS1/PS2 games, I won't touch PS3 or PSN games because Sony still supports those titles and the PS3 console so I can totally understand not wanting to take money out of their hands that way, for the PS1/PS2 though, at this point, Sony just give it up, everyone can see your greed showing through.

EDIT: Also, I still own 3 PS2's (one FAT, two slims) and most of the games I've downloaded illegally I do own, but they either don't work or have some sort of issue with them.

Also, with what Sony did to the SOCOM series - hands down my favorite series and IMO the best video game console series of ALL time, I hope 1000 fleas ravage their private parts.

11. 10,000
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I prefer to buy games. there's just no t incentive to play them otherwise. however, I wish there was an easy way to play retail copies in digital form. because of my physical issues, I can't exactly swap carts with the switch without dropping the switch. I plan to carry my switch downstairs to my other switch dock very soon, or rather once all cables/adapters arrive. :-p

12. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

But buying games for PS1/PS2 that are almost impossible to find unless you buy them online at super inflated prices? For example people are still trying to sell Conker's Bad Fur Day on N64 for like $200, it's not worth it at that point, if I could find all PS1/PS2 games for like $5 or less I'd be more than happy to buy every one I decide to use on my PS3, but it's just not viable, honestly. We moved 10 years ago and we've never unpacked all the game boxes, I have like 80+ PS2 games but only have about a dozen sitting in my room, the rest is in the basement somewhere packed away with like 30 boxes lol.

13. 10,000
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

for those games (only two), I bought on the eshop.. those games being mega man 7 and mega man x3. each costs $100. I've bought a series of nintendo/super nintendo games over the years. I did buy a retron as well to save space, and since the image is upscaled. I'd prefer original hardware. :D

14. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

See that's ridiculous, I would honestly rather pirate games, not because I don't want to buy them, but because people are more than willing to rip you off, and honestly my morals definitely change based on what's involved, in this case lots of money for a game I may only play for a few days? It's just not worth it to me, that being said I still buy tons of modern games for modern consoles, I have over 40+ games for PS4 and a good 60+ for PS3, plus I buy PC games quite often depending on their sale price, so it's not like I'm just cheap and won't spend money, lol, I just can't justify spending $200 on a game I won't dedicate much time to.

EDIT: But in the end I definitely respect what the site is trying to do to protect their own ass, it's why I will discuss myself personally downloading some games online, but I would never post links or break forum rules by discussing how to do it, just that I personally do it.

15. 563
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

The rule is simply: "No Piracy Discussions allowed", which surely includes discussing your own piracy habits. What do you of your own free will is your business, but don't make the forum privy to the knowledge that you pirate simply because you choose not to pay.

16. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Well when you read the breakdown it says:

1.) No Piracy Discussions allowed
    • Seeking piracy advice or Advising how to pirate is not allowed
    Most sites put these because they can be held responsible for what content their users post, by content I mean downloads, links, tutorials on how to pirate, etc.. but I've never heard a forum not allow personal discussion of piracy since it cannot be linked to the site - what I mean by this is me saying "I personally pirate games" it wouldn't be held against the site since I only said I personally pirate, I didn't instruct how to, or where to, or give any tips or tricks or anything.

Now I could be wrong, I mean you have been around here a lot longer, but I would also like this rule kind of "straightened out" if you know what I mean, it seems like a gray area right now, and needs to be elaborated on a little bit more.

Looking around, and this may not reflect this site, but the general consensus is that you cannot provide links or tutorials on how to pirate, but discussing it is perfectly okay from a legal standpoint.

Also, would this not make much sense in the way this website is? You can talk about exploiting consoles, share information and download links, discuss new ways to crack and reverse the code on them and that is fine but saying I pirate games isn't? Seems odd to me.

17. 563
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

I understand your point of view, and I'm in no way attacking you or trying to dictate what you can or can't say on the forum. Nor am I claiming any sense of seniority due to posting here longer. However, I personally interpret the rule as not discussing piracy whatsoever so I'm not sure whether or not discussing personal piracy is against the rules but I would have imagined it would be included.

As for exploits and homebrew: reverse engineering code is not tantamount to piracy like downloading copyrighted games is. If it was illegal, then the site would not exist. Again, I'm not trying to police what you say on the forums; I'm simply advising that it may be in violation of the rules, which does not necessarily mean from a legal standpoint.

18. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

For sure, I'm not trying to play the high ground and say I'm going to discuss piracy and that's it, I just think the forum could be helped out if we could at least discuss it personally rather than none at all, it may spark discussions that could help someone or something along the lines, that's obviously a huge IF, but I'd just like to know where the rule stands and if there's any slack given in terms of it, if not I'll gladly not discuss my personal pirating hobbies as I enjoy this site and respect the people and rules in place, if a Moderator or something could elaborate on it and "put his foot down" so to speak on where the site stands I'll gladly go back and delete my posts if need be, if that's something the site would want to happen.

19. 1,636
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Don't really care what your views are, piracy is piracy full stop, end of. "Piracy" = "Thief" simple as. Oh goody you don't pirate PS3 games, after what you said before i think that is a ton of BS. People who pirate, pirate everything they can because they can and your nothing more than thieve's.

Your not trying to take the HIGH GROUND but you have just tried to justify why you pirate and are a thief? what a hypocrite.

And as for the games being high in price because some of them have collectors value so that one game you say for 200 for the N64 would have been in mint condition in its box and possible still sealed, if not i would not buy it for that price. There are plenty of places, at least in the UK at a shop called CEX (Central Entertainment Xchange) and online, I can walk in and there are loads of PS2 games in front of me, even more online, form older to newer. They sell nearly anything to do with gaming and entertainment. I don't know what its like in the states but i would assume you may have similar shops and websites. And people who cannot be bothered are simply lazy, a true gamer does not care about the price of old games.

20. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Thanks for your opinion, really don't need to justify myself to you, the insults are always a nice touch to such an emotionally charged response.

EDIT: Also, I live in a rural town of 40,000 people, all we have here is EBGAMES (Gamestop) we have no classic games places here.

And in Canada.