Genesis Mini Retroarch

Discussion in 'Retro' started by pinky, Feb 11, 2020.

1. 12,640
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

anyone have genesis plus gx installed on their genesis mini? I installed it last night after two or three days of tidying up my games' list. anyway, it's a bit different from nes/snes, but I'm able to use the same flash drive as the snes mini (no errors anymore after finding the perfect otg device). anyway, reset in this instance doesn't exit retroarch. by default flipping the off button does that. I guess that's the reason why the power doesn't get disconnected when you flip the switch. it has to be flipped twice. it tells you this after flipping the switch once. anyway, I change it to pushing reset twice. kinda weird, but it works. also, by default, I can get into retroarch by holding start for two seconds. by default it's start and select, but the genesis doesn't have a select button, so I had to change it. I think that's the only way to do it, since all other button combos reflect buttons that the genesis doesn't have (L+R for example). lol

2. 12,640
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I just found something interesting. the European the wily wars doesn't work with m2engaged. a screen pops up saying that the game is only for pal tvs. retroarch has no problem running the game.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  3. 12,640
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

hmm...didn't realize it, but the game is one of the default games for the mini. it shows a genesis logo even though afaik the game was only released in Europe. I was/am referring to the European version not working.

4. 12,640
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I just bought some 8bitdo wireless controllers for the genesis mini. they were only $24 apiece (bought 2). it's a six button controller, so I may be able to figure out a better layout for reset (possibly one of the buttons). home = reset by default, and that button is on the nes controllers. I don't know why the snes controllers don't have the button, but you can reset the system with the controller on the nes mini. :D