Google Stadia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ISAK.M, Jun 12, 2019.

1. 698
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    What do you think about it?
    I have started seeing lots of Stadia ads the past week so I just had to ask about it.
    Personally I think that it is a threat to the traditional disc-based gaming although PC is diskless nowadays but it's different compared to consoles

The cheap price makes it even more of a threat.
    THE WORLD IS NOT READY FOR CLOUD BASED GAMING
    Atleast I am not :mad:

disyoko likes this.
  2. 7,370
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Right now i'm downloading file with internet breaking speed 40kb/s. If they want to offer me cloud gaming they gonna need to send me that on real cloud.

disyoko likes this.
  3. 1,922
    Berion

Berion Developer

I hope it will be total finance disaster. Death to the streaming services! Long to the live of the physical media distribution! ;p

Niander466, ISAK.M and bigbossu like this.
  4. 947
    umart666

umart666 Member

for some odd reason IP's in my area are getting really competitive and currently offer good connection for dirt cheap so i could see cloud/grid based gaming an option for good percent of people in my area...i'm not their target audience anyway so my opinion doesn't matter and i don't really care personally.

5. 698
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    I hope so too, you can't collect streamed games duuh. :confused: Long live traditional Disc-Based Console Gaming! :victorious:

6. 947
    umart666

umart666 Member

i think there's no reason to fear as all new consoles will have either optical drive or flash card reader so sure there will be psychical releases,hc and collector markets are too big to just abandon them.this is their attempt to milk more casual and undeveloped markets.

ISAK.M likes this.
  7. 1,922
    Berion

Berion Developer

@umart666 You do not understand that this will not happen in one day? It is a process. If publishers will see that there is money in such services with ZERO piracy and scene (because it is physical impossible when You get only send video), then we will loose consoles and even personal computers. I don't want future where I don't have my own storage media and processing power, future with terminals and endless shitty online services. That's why such ideas as Stadia, PlayStation Now etc. must die.

ISAK.M likes this.
  8. 947
    umart666

umart666 Member

i do understand,i just think there isn't a reason to panic as psychical release market is still very,very strong and BC becomes really big distinguishing feature as consoles are virtually the same and support majority of the same games.i don't think as much as they want to kill games as a good none of major players will risk going to service only model even for handhelds as that would tip he scales in other direction.as long as there a demand there will be a supply,and only when people who look at the games as a good die out or become meaningless minority then it would die off.i don't see that happening in even 20 years,let alone in console generation or two.

i don't mind the ability for some unprivileged kid with limited resources getting a shot to play latest AAA titles for 10-15 bucks a month,actually i find that very good especially in developing countries for multitude of reasons.HC and collector market that is really strong in western regions will never buy games as a service,best example and proof of that is GOG revolution.

as for how tomorrow kids will look at games and even if they'll play it and in what form,well,that's up for debate,i tend to be more on the optimistic side myself as i think they will be more educated and informed than current and previous generations,so i don't think games and/or any other entertainment media as a service will fly and prevail.

again,that's just my opinion.

ISAK.M and Berion like this.
  9. 698
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    I am dead scared that locally based things may disappear. Cause my entire life is based on storing things locally:(

10. 5,059
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

It won't ever be totally disregarded. Even brick and mortar stores have tons of life in them. It's just a another grab at getting some slice at the market. Some will find it useful at times but it will never be a full replacement for all. Not everyone has massive internet connections to support this. But I do find it nice for those with a lower PC or no access to spend a ton if cash and just want to game every now and again. It just the instant gratification that some seem to need nowadays.

ISAK.M likes this.
  11. 111
    Luisile

Luisile Member

Not interested in such thing..