As expected and promised by TheFlow a new Vita Jailbreak has been delivered to the PS Vita / PlayStation TV (vita tv) community with the release of "h-encore" which is a new exploit that is now supporting 3.65 (Supports Henkaku & Enso), 3.6 7 & 3.68 (Supports Henkaku but does not support Enso) firmware's. The next chapter in the Vita Community has been opened and anyone who missed out on 3.60 now has a new window to exploit your device. TheFlow has plans for a Source Code release but has no intentions on doing so until the bug has been patched by Sony..
There is a vast amount of homebrew and hacks you can find for the VITA & PSTV. Need help finding Vita Homebrew??? Of course we have our own download section here at psx-place.com >> Link . Then also sites like Brewology.com & also over at the VitaDB contain a huge number of downloads as well for the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV...
- h-encore Release
- -Removing Trophy Warning
- Donations / Credits / Source Code Info
- Releases for 3.65 / 3.67 / 3.68
h-encore, where h stands for hacks and homebrews, is the second public jailbreak for the PS Vita™ which supports the newest firmwares 3.65, 3.67 and 3.68. It allows you to make kernel- and user-modifications, change the clock speed, install plugins, run homebrews and much more.Requirements
A video demonstration released earlier in the week by TheFlow
- Your device must be on firmware 3.65, 3.67 or 3.68. Any other is not supported. If you're on a lower firmware, please decide carefully to what firmware you want to update, then search for a trustable guide on /r/vitahacks (if you know how and want to contribute, you can edit this readme and make a pull request, such that fellow readers have got an easier life). Remember that on firmware 3.65 you have got the possibility to install enso, the permanent hack, whereas on 3.67 and 3.68 you don't.
- If your device is a phat OLED model, you need a Memory Card in order to install. There's no need for a Memory Card on Slim/PS TV models, since they already provide an Internal Storage. Make sure you have got at least 270 MB of free space.
- Your device must be linked to any PSN account (it doesn't need to be activated though)
@Naked_Snake1995 published a "SIMPLE WAY" in the forums for making this process a bit easier:
Zexceil has released "Auto-h-encore" that automates the process of installing h_encore
Update 2 (July-9-2018)
@TheDemon has published a new guide to "h-hencore how to shrink the size to 11mb guide"
USE THESE UNOFFICIAL METHODS & GUIDES AT YOUR OWN RISKInstallation
Note that the following guide is for advanced users and a bit more complicated than the previous hack that only required you to visit a website. If you don't understand the guide below or how to use these tools, you should neither file an issue here nor annoy me on twitter, but rather seek help on /r/vitahacks (check for duplicated questions first!) or wait for an easy installer by somebody else.
- Download and install qcma, psvimgtools and pkg2zip (check the releases section for the binaries).
- Download the vulnerable DRM-free demo of bitter smile (yes, that's the user entry point).
- Download h-encore and extract it on your computer.
- Extract the demo using this command in terminal:
pkg2zip -x PATH_OF_PKG
This will output the files to app/PCSG90096.
- Copy the contents of the output app/PCSG90096 to the folder h-encore/app/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_app_PCSG90096 (such that the files eboot.bin and VITA_PATH.TXT are within the same folder).
- Copy the license file app/PCSG90096/sce_sys/package/temp.bin to the folder
h-encore/license/ux0_temp_game_PCSG90096_license_app_PCSG90096 and rename the just pasted file temp.bin to 6488b73b912a753a492e2714e9b38bc7.rif. Again, this file should be in the same folder as VITA_PATH.TXT.
- Start qcma and within the qcma settings set the option Use this version for updates to FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date).
- Launch Content Manager on your PS Vita and connect it to your computer, where you then need to select PC -> PS Vita System, and after that you select Applications. If you see an error message about System Software, you should simply reboot your device to solve it. This should create a folder at PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on your computer (see qcma settings where this folder is), where the folder xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx represents the AID (account ID that is 16 characters long) that you need to insert here. If the AID is valid, it will yield a key that you can now use to encrypt the demo.
- Change directory to the h-encore folder in terminal and use the key to encrypt all folders using (make sure you don't confuse the key with the AID, the key is 64 characters long!):
psvimg-create -n app -K YOUR_KEY app PCSG90096/app
psvimg-create -n appmeta -K YOUR_KEY appmeta PCSG90096/appmeta
psvimg-create -n license -K YOUR_KEY license PCSG90096/license
psvimg-create -n savedata -K YOUR_KEY savedata PCSG90096/savedata
The folder h-encore/PCSG90096 should then contain sce_sys and all 4 folders from above, and within these folders you should find files called X.psvimg and X.psvmd, where X has the same name as the folder. Backup this folder, since if everything has been done correctly, you don't need to redo all the steps to install it onto another device with the same PSN account.
- Copy the folder h-encore/PCSG90096 to PS Vita/APP/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/PCSG90096 and refresh the database under qcma settings.
- The h-encore bubble with a size of around 243 MB should now appear in the Content Manager and that's what you finally need to transfer to your PS Vita. If the size does not match or you get the error C2-12858-4, then it's because you did not do it correctly! Please re-read the instructions more carefully then. If you get the error You can only copy applications that your account is the owner of, then it's because you have used an AID that is not of your account, go back to step 8.
- Launch h-encore to exploit your device (if a message about trophies appears, simply click yes). The screen should first flash white, then purple, and finally open a menu called h-encore bootstrap menu where you can download VitaShell and install HENkaku. If it prompts the error Cannot start this application. C0-11136-2, then it's because you did not do step 6. correctly.
- Enjoy. Note that you have to relaunch the exploit everytime you reboot or shutdown your device. Of course if you only put your device into standby mode, you don't need to relaunch.
Getting rid of the trophy warning
Since the savedata that I provided is not linked to your account id, launching h-encore would eventually show a warning message about trophies. To get rid of that you must do this on your PS Vita:
- Enable Unsafe Homebrews under HENkaku Settings in the Settings application to grant VitaShell full permission.
- Launch VitaShell and navigate to ux0:user/00/savedata/.
- Press triangle on the folder PCSG90096 and select Open decrypted.
- Copy system.dat out of the folder and remove the folder ux0:user/00/savedata/PCSG90096.
- Close VitaShell and launch h-encore (this will now not trigger the exploit anymore, since we've removed the savedata).
- Close the game after you see the first screen and return back to VitaShell.
- A fresh folder of PCSG90096 at ux0:user/00/savedata should have been created.
- Copy system.dat back to ux0:user/00/savedata/PCSG90096/system.dat where you need to open the PCSG90096 using Open decrypted.
- Now if you launch h-encore you should not see the trophy warning anymore and exploiting your device is therefore even faster.
- "When I launch h-encore, it stays at a white screen." - Due to the nature of the kernel exploit, this can sometimes happen. If it stays white for more than 5 seconds, you can simply close the application which will result in a crash and your device will be rebooted or shutdown after 10 seconds. If it doesn't, hold the power button down for over 30 seconds to force a shutdown. Then try the exploit again. The success rate of the kernel exploit should be at 80%. If I find time I will eventually try to improve the success rate.
- "When I launch h-encore, it flashes white quickly and then crashes." - Again, this is due to how the kernel exploit works.
- "I get a C2-12828-1 error when launching h-encore" - This does sometimes (but very rarely) happen. Just retry the exploit.
- "When I launch h-encore, it launches the bitter smile demo instead." - Your savedata is either corrupted or not installed correctly, please follow the installation guide above to reinstall it.
- "I have installed a bad plugin and launching h-encore doesn't work anymore, what should I do?" - You can either reset taiHEN config.txt or skip plugins loading by holding the L trigger while exiting the h-encore bootstrap menu.
- "I don't see all folders in VitaShell." - Launch the Settings application and select HENkaku Settings, then select Enable unsafe homebrews. This will grant you full permission in VitaShell.
- "I can't find the HENkaku Settings." - Launch the exploit and reset taiHEN config.txt and reinstall HENkaku.
Enso / Permanent Hack
- "Can I install enso on 3.67 or 3.68?" - Not yet, since molecule's bootloader exploit has been patched there.
- "Can I install enso on 3.65?" - Yes, you can use h-encore to hack your device and then install the permanent hack using this.
- "Are Adrenaline/NoNpDrm/Download Enabler supported on 3.65/3.67/3.68?" - Yes, check them in my repositories >>> LINK.
- "Can I use SD2VITA using this hack?" - Yes, I have made a pull request on gamecard-microsd that fixed the freeze when using it without enso. If you're using an other plugin and it freezes on exitting h-encore bootstrap menu, then there's the trick where you can simply press the PS Button and return back to finish the boot process.
- "Can I use psvsd using this hack?" - It should, but I'm not sure, as I haven't tested it. If it doesn't, then the driver must be updated, but that's not my task.
- "Does this work, does that work? Is this compatible, is that compatible?" - I don't know, and it is not my task to update these tools for you, so don't dare and file an issue here.
- "Can I switch the PSN account after having h-encore installed?" - Yes, since the demo is DRM-free it does not depend on your account.
- "Are there any risks involved in using h-encore?" - No, since it does not modify the OS, but only insert temporary patches into the system.
- "Can I install it without USB connection?" - You can also connect your PS Vita with your computer using Wi-Fi (there's an option in the Content Manager).
If you like my work and want to support future projects, you can make a donation:
The source code and the kernel exploit will be made public after Sony has fixed the bugs used in h-encore.
- Thanks to Freakler for finding the crash in the demo and designing the h-encore icon.
- Thanks to molecule for their initial work on the PS Vita.
- Thanks to xyz for giving me some tips on choosing an exploit target.
- Thanks to Davee and Proxima for http://cma.henkaku.xyz/.
- Thanks to yifanlu for psvimgtools.
- Thanks to codestation for qcma.
- Thanks to mmozeiko for pkg2vita.
- Thanks to the PS Vita hacking community.
- Thanks to Sony for this awesome device.
auto h-encore: (by noahc3)
- A C# (.NET) application to automate (most of) the process of getting h-encore running on your PS Vita system! More Information via GitHub >>> LINK
- PSX-Place Homebrew Downloads
- Brewology Homebrew Downloads
- VitaDB Homebrew Downloads
- Unlock the PSP Emulator in your PS Vita / TV w/ >> Adrenaline (PSP-6-61) v6.4 eCFW
- About HENkaku (Homebrew Enabler) (3.65 / 3.67 / 3.68) @:http://henkaku.xyz/
- About Enso (CFW Framework) (3.65 Only) @: https://enso.henkaku.xyz/
PS VITA / PS TV h-encore: The newly Released Vita Jailbreak (Supporting 3.65, 3.67 & 3.68 Firmware) by TheFlow
By STLcardsWS on Jul 1, 2018 at 2:10 PM
HAN Toolbox v0.7 - Now Supporting 4.84 (HFW - Hybrid Firmware)The popular XMB MOD that brings alot of new functionality to the XMB for PS3Xploit HAN user's has been updated to version v0.7 by @ShaolinAssassin who has been building upon @DeViL303 & @pink1 creation. With the recent release of HFW (Hybrid Firmware) that has brought PS3Xploit Hacks (like HAN) to 4.84 OFW, it was time for a new update to HAN Toolbox to support the new hybrid firmware with the release of v7.0.
In this update an assist goes to @imn7 for various features like Offline Rebooter,Offline 4.84 File Copier -Offline Temperature Reader & Database Rebuilder (4.82/4.84) , other additions include -PS3Xploit Basic tools urls updated PS3Xploit Extra tools urls updated Continue reading
(UPDATE) IRISMAN 4.84.2 - Now Supports CFW 3.41 - 4.84 on CEX/DEX/ DEHUpdate (March -24-2019) to v4.84.2 by Aldostools
Expanding Firmware Support + Includes the updated MAMBA
( here is the link for MAMBA/PRX Loader standalone that has also been updated by Aldostools)
Following the update to webMAN MOD that provided support for 4.84 (CEX) Custom Firmware developer @aldostools was also directing another update for one of his other popular projects for the PS3, the backup manager known as IRISMAN. Like webMAN MOD is a fork to webMAN (by deank), IRISMAN is a fork of Iris Manager (by Estwald) that builds on a great foundation but offer a lot functionality and support not found in the original project. Like so many backup managers they serve as the All-in-One utilities for the jailbroken console.,The PS3 has no shortage of solutions, but in my mind there is a 3 headed monsters that leads the pack when it comes to a manager's choice. MultiMAN / IRISMAN / ManaGunZ are 3 very useful and feature rich managers and all are quite unique from each others and while there is some similarities in some features they provide, plenty of exclusive features are contained in their arsenals. You really can not go wrong with any of those three choices and no harm in trying all of them to see what suite you best,
In IRISMAN you will find a very functional file manager along with FTP support for transferring your files from the PC to the PS3 , MAMBA loader is also incorporated and with this feature it gives your Standard CEX CFW many COBRA CFW like features by injecting the MAMBA payload into your CFW, With this homebrew you can even enjoy other multimedia features like launching Retro Roms for RetroArch along with many other great features that can be found in this popular choice on the PS3 (CFW required),Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.14 - New Script Commands /Disable PS3 Beeps /boot_plugins_nocobra.txt Support /....
Since the release of webMAN MOD v1.47.12 developer @aldostools has progressed the plugin with 2 additional updates, providing additional support and features for the plugin, New options to execute script commands at any time,. The developer note's that it now possible to execute multiple web commands using this new feature. Also support for /boot_plugins_nocobra.txt (on 4.84 Starbuged CFW). A variety of other inclusions have also been added to get the full low down on the updates on this plugin checkout the changelogs included below from developer @aldostoolsContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: