Hakchi Bug

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by pinky, May 8, 2019.

1. 4,695
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

Should work on it as they are indentical hardware aren't they? And Retron 3 sounds right. I recall it was black and red. And I could use regular SNES pads.

pinky likes this.
  2. 10,230
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

yeah, the retron 3 is black and red. I think it might be blue too. the red color may be to emulate the original famicom. speaking of which, the famicom actually had the controllers attached to the console, like some of the older pong consoles, which they corrected with the nes.

the retrons are radically different from the official consoles. the snes had three chips (the controller, the video, and the audio). the retrons have them all condensed into one chip. that could be partly why it isn't 100% perfect emulation. I found a webpage with ways to improve the retron via soldering points on the board. there were a lot of different mods. I think that was for the retron 3. you have more options with the retron 5, since it's basically an emulator. I read that they're like gateway from the 3ds, or sx-os on the switch in that they used stolen, emulator code with the systems.