Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN and CFW history

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by DADi590, Apr 26, 2019.

1. 166
    DADi590

DADi590 Formely known as fkd

ERROR
    Home Page:
    Hi everyone. Two questions.

Can anyone tell me what is in the history of the PS3, so other programs have to clear it before allowing people to go online on PSN on CFW?

Do the things that are made with HAN, like enable HAN or Debug PKG and install things and those stuff (everything that can be done with HAN) stays on the PS3's history? Like, with CFW, things stay on history (don't know which ones either but I'd like to know too), so does that happen with HAN too?

Thanks in advance!

2. 3,245
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

The PS3 logs everything and send some of that tracking data to PSN/SEN servers.

To prevent unauthorized activities like run homebrews on PS3, the history should cleared before connect to PSN.

On HAN these activities are more limited and *less* detectable... I say *less* because Sony has absolute control of the console and they can check whatever they want, but they simply don't care and are doing nothing. The main reasons of bans are related to cheating online, illegal idps (many duplicated), using syscalls 6/7 on CoD/GTA and maybe some other games or inappropriate behavior of the user online.

Anyway it's always good to be on the safe side and delete any trace of non-OFW before go online.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  3. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    Thanks for the reply! So... If I wanted to clear the history on HAN, would I be able to do it? For example, by deleting a folder everytime before going online? Because if Sony starts logging more things on HAN, then it won't be of any use to use another user to do the HAN things, since they'll know anyways, so I could clear the history by deleting something and they'd never find out. Is this right? (is the history by user? or it's of the entire system? and can the history be cleared on HAN somehow?)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2019
  4. 12,264
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

according to psdevwiki, that information is stored in an encrypted file inside the profile folder. I'm not sure if psn patch masks the information or removes it from memory. however, I think I read somewhere that there was a problem reencrypting the file.

T.A.U and DADi590 like this.
  5. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    Then if your memory is right, it just removes the file, right? Can you say what page you looked? I searched for "PS3 history psdevwiki" on Google before asking this and it would appear the PS3 history from the beggining, not this history I'm talking about.

6. 12,264
    pinky

7. 3,245
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

webMAN MOD deletes:
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/game.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/patch.dat

and

/dev_hdd0/home/0000xxxx/etc/boot_history.dat
    /dev_hdd0/home/0000xxxx/etc/community/CI.TMP
    /dev_hdd0/home/0000xxxx/community/MI.TMP
    /dev_hdd0/home/0000xxxx/community/PTL.TMP

where 0000xxxx are each the user id in the system.

8. 12,264
    pinky

it's interesting that just deleting the file works. I know that this works on the 3ds as well. deleting the history file causes a new, empty one to be created.

9. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    So...... If it's just delete... Why are there no options in the HAN Toolboxes to clear the history?

And might it be safe to delete? Sony could not try to check if the file exists or not in a moment it was supposed to exist?

10. 12,264
    pinky

true, it would be suspicious if a system logged into psn without those files, so I assume that they're recreated as empty after having been deleted.

DADi590 and aldostools like this.
  11. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    Couldn't Sony check if it's empty when it should not and those things? Probably a good idea would be to rewrite the file with what it should have by the moment it's cleaned? (Like for example - no idea how the PS3 does this - system started, and other things the PS3 might do?)

12. 2,852
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Sony don't really give a crap about the PS3 anymore with the next gen PlayStation coming out maybe in the next year and a half. It's leathel compared to other gen PlayStations. But they will still happy to dish a ban out to people doing things they shouldn't be doing on other ps consoles so I wouldn't be deleting anything on HAN to do with system files, things on HAN are as close to official as you can get.

If on CFW then you should still take all the required/recommended steps to be online.

The only way to be safe from a ban is not to go online at all.

Coldheart2236 and DADi590 like this.
  13. 12,264
    pinky

what bothers me is that sony bans both the system and the account. I guess sony doesn't want my money, and they've given no reason to go legit.

CFW-User likes this.
  14. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    Think of the MANY players that try to play a normal game and a stupid modder joins the party... If that's the reason, then I completely agree. And there are still publishers releasing games for the PS3, like EA with FIFA or Konami with PES (and I found out PES 2014 exists for the PS2 for some amazing reason) --> [piracy explanation here]. But anyways I prefer the first option.

15. 12,264
    pinky

I do agree, but I'm referring to someone just playing legit purchases or homebrew. the exact phrasing is "unauthorized software" to get around just saying piracy. though, I'm sure sony believes all cfw systems are being used for that. I've read that nintendo only bans systems unless caught cheating. that is the way it should be.

CFW-User likes this.
  16. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    But knowing that, 5ºny or Nintendo or any other, should immediately ban anyone who has a modified console. What about the money for the developers? For example, if MANY people have the console modified and are running "unauthorized software" on them, then what's the point of having the work and money to release a game for that console? (I think, I'm not sure of this part) So maybe that's why they try to ban anyone they find with a modified console? Don't know why Nintendo doesn't do this though (and I've no idea if this thought it right).

pinky likes this.
  17. 12,264
    pinky

I got banned over a year ago, so I'm still bitter about that. I don't even play the system. :-p I've since bought a new system. I was using the same id for the ps3, vita, and ps4. since then, I haven't continued gaming on the ps4.

anyway, I get what you're saying, but there are legitimate reasons to be on cfw, not just piracy.

I don't know why Nintendo does that. I assume it's to get people to go legit. it seems extremely easy to get banned on that system.

18. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    If you don't use A LOT of protections like I'm now doing (and I really hope this works and lasts), then it's a very bad idea to use the same ID on all the consoles, like you experienced.

But the problem is, like you said, " I'm sure sony believes all cfw systems are being used for that". And even not being all, the BIG majority is used to run the unauthorized software (hahaha). Here in Portugal (at least here, don't know outside) we have a say, more or less like this: "pays the righteous by the sinner" (which means, there're the ones who do things wrong and there're the ones who do them right - if there are those who do wrong, and MANY more than the others, then everyone will have to pay for their mistakes). I think it might fit here...

pinky likes this.
  19. 12,264
    pinky

I guess what bummed me is that it affected so many systems. this might've been before I was on an exploitable ps4 firmware. I've since made a new account on all systems but the ps4 with 3 separate email addresses. I haven't gamed much on any of those systems, just read and tested a lot of things.

I've taken a different approach with the switch. on that, I'm going to stay legit. I've bought nearly 40 games digitally, and I"m going through final fantasy ix and final fantasy vii atm. that makes me feel like a kid again. :D I'm at the final boss in ff ix, and I think I"m nearing the end of final fantasy vii. :-p

DADi590 likes this.
  20. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    The digital part is the only part I don't like. The day all games stop being physical too, I'm gonna still buy them, of course (the developers deserve it), but I'll want a copy for myself on my HDD without having to download it from the "cloud", in case the game is removed or the company for some reason goes in bankrupt and the games go away... At least with a copy, it will never ask for the license. And I'll have a clear conscience that I bought it before. But anyways, good luck with that (again hahaha)! Never had a Nintendo console (first one was a PSP), so I'm not used to those games haha.

CFW-User and pinky like this.
Tags: