Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Han with cobra ode

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by wikinger, Oct 21, 2018.

1. 4
    wikinger

wikinger Member

is it possible to use the han with the cobra ode without using the swap disk?

2. 166
    DADi590

DADi590 Formely known as fkd

ERROR
    Home Page:
    Did you get to try that? (to have both installed)

3. 4
    wikinger

wikinger Member

no. Before updating the firmware. I want to know if it is possible

4. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    That's what I'd like to know too. But noone told me it wasn't possible when I wrote the idea of mixing them both on Discord, so maybe it's possible. And as I read some times, Cobra ODE doesn't modify the system. HAN does. So noone of them I think should interefer with each other. Cobra ODE is just hardware modding. HAN is software modding. So I think you can have them both installed and have the most complete "COFW" possible. Unless Cobra ODE doesn't support HAN modifications, but I'm no developer, so I can't answer that. But probably, it will work, I think. If you try it, say here please. I'm very curious about this!

octav90st likes this.
  5. 4
    octav90st

octav90st Member

First, you need to think if it worths to be able only to play games with updates and to do the swap disc trick. Just buy another ps3 and mode it with HEN enabler. ;) And keep the ode for legacy / collection … in the future it will be an rare expensive retro console or you can use it in the time. :D Day by day, newer hack will rise, better or worse.

Second, you need an OFW that doesn't block ODE and that is stable for HEN/HAN. The first one is OFW 4.82. So read:

I have a PS3 super slim, 4k series, it had 4.70 ofw version (because some guys from the store updated it in late 2015). So, I was only able then to use Cobra ODE and the swap disk. I wanted a late ps3 to be sure it's not old and it will last.

Recent, I've found on some forum that ofw 4.82 works with Cobra ODE. I do not have informations if ofw 4.83 to 4.85 works good (but Sony forgot about ODE, I think, and it should work, if the updates are minor).

Past 4.53 and 4.55, on ODE you need the swap disk trick. Below, iso's and a lot of things are working directly.

After I've found this link: https://www.maxconsole.com/threads/ofw-4-82-released.45974/#post-364165 and this user: https://www.maxconsole.com/members/waltinio.19496/ (click on Informations on his profile, to se his ode configuration):

"PS3 hardware: CECH-3001B - Firmware: 4.82
    ODE hardware: 4.30A - Firmware: 2.2 Browser/Manager: Cobra ODE Manager 1.6
    SWAP: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (BCUS98123) - Method: Khalkedon's - Disc: Sony BD-R 25GB SL 4X (MID: 10BNR1VCPS4 -> RITEK-BR2-000) - Blu-Ray Burner: Pioneer BDR-209DBK"

OFW 4.82 works with Cobra ODE. A new information from Cobra ODE team, that I didn't respected, was that you need to downgrade Cobra ODE fw to 2.2, I was on 2.4, if you want to update the OFW. But I was on 4.70 with cobra fw 2.4, 2.2 wasn't quite good for 4.70 and for the swap trick. The guy from that link had already 2.2.

But this is what I did:

Put the cobra ode on PT mode, while the console was turned off, put the cobra files and the folder tree on a usb, put it on cobra usb. Green light ok, console turned on. Put cobra ode in PT mode again from the respective tab on the games section (maybe it's some software option now, not hardware). Unpluged the usb and putted it on the front far right usb port of the ps3. Cobra light turned red and displayed an error message. After that it was blue, I think, because of the PT mode. My external hdd was left in another city, so I did this trick with the usb.

Went to system update from usb, after PT mode was activated and the corresponding game disc was displayed. All good.

Updated from 4.70 to 4.82 ofw. Entered safe mode after that, did the rebuild database and restore file system, like in the Ferrox cfw tutorial. Wanted to install ofw twice and to do this, but the usb got messed and left it like this.

I can confirm that ofw 4.82 and Cobra ODE works, as far, it booted, the green light appeared, cobra manager/browser are ok, been able to put it on PT mode and to run an original game, because my external hdd is left in other place.

I will test it soon with the swap disc method, but from the upper link, another user confirmed that it worked.

Maybe from 4.5X ofw, you need to downgrade cobra fw to 2.2, upgrade ofw and after that, upgrade cobra back to 2.4.

And from 4.6X and 4.7X ofw, you can let the cobra fw 2.4 there.

The reason I only upgraded to 4.82 ofw it's because the exploit for HEN enabler. Don't know and I don't have confirmation if ofw 4.83 to 4.85 are ok. I still want to be nostalgic and to use cobra ode, even if I have a lo of consoles and some ps3 that are different moded.

I will tested it and after that, I will install HEN enabler and I will confirm you. But Cobra ODE seems to work fine on OFW 4.82.

It's good that I will have file managers to move license files and other things that Cobra ODE won't do after 4.5X ofw.

I will keep you informed. It will be nice if devs cand take a look. I want to learn to code and to create tools, even an CFW or HFW for ODE. Sure there are devs that can mix something and clean the ode block that was introduced after 4.5X ofw.

I like ode and I have a lot of games.

PS: last ofw on cobra ode cand give you online access and play, don't know if things similar to psn enabler and spoofer works on ode.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    DeViL303 and DADi590 like this.
  6. 166
    DADi590

ERROR
    Home Page:
    So just a question about all that for me to be sure I understood what you said: multiMAN and others don't work past 4.5X? Only work before that one?? (because there's a version of multiMAN for Cobra ODE) In any case, really cool you're trying this haha. Say what you got after the testing! If it works with HEN, will work with HAN too for sure.

octav90st likes this.
  7. 4
    octav90st

octav90st Member

But I didn't said nothing about multiMAN on Cobra ODE. I know that there is a version of it for ODE, like other tools too. But you have limited functions.

Why do you need HAN, when you have HEN on slim and super slim? HEN is superior and is quite easy to install. Maybe just an info for the record.

For now, Cobra ODE appears in the menu, on OFW 4.82, after the update. HEN will work, also multiMAN (late version) and other tools (only on HEN enabled mode).

It will be good if the devs show us how to make a hibrid firmware or something to have OFW 4.6X to 4.8X and cobra not to require the swap disc.

Habib did this on CFW 4.60 ODE edition.

And yes, for your question. On ofw 4.6X, you need, theoretical, an update to multiman and the swap disc method. Which not exists, because games are like this. That multiman is on iso format and cobra ode on lower fw, boots it directly.

Very interesting why that update is magic. It looks like a nonsense. Sony would have need to make games without updates to block it. :)) funny how long I expected the fifa and pes update, also others.

Conclusions for now: Cobra ODE appears on ofw 4.82, PT mode works, original game boots (maybe ofw upgrades the br unit and cobra needs to be on PT mode).

I will try also with ISO games. The good thing is that now you don't need to repatch games to run on lower firmwares.

I will keep it on 4.82, maybe try HEN. I have a lot of ps3's, but only one with cobra ode. It was the last chip in my region, in late 2015.

I will see, but from my point of view, it works.

In 2-3 weeks, I will test HEN. Hope it will be ok. Maybe someone will tell us if after the reboot, the ofw is untouched.

Because HEN looks like hen on the ps4, which is a light hack/temporary.

Have a nice day/evening!

DADi590 likes this.
  8. 5,904
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    The reason there wasn't another ODE CFW were changes Sony made to the firmware to block this. TBH I really don't see the point of the ODE. HEN does everything an ODE can do and more. And they have been looking into a runtime hack so no need to enable this but only time will tell. Sony was able to negate so many functions of the Cobra ODE it was kinda pointless. I can enable HEN faster then I can swap a disc but hope you figure out what you are after. The only real benefits I can see from the ODE over HEN is it may be a bit safer online but that isn't known since Sony can detect them one way or another. And since your not using an up to date firmware for PSN play that seems kinda like a moot point.

octav90st likes this.
  9. 4
    octav90st

octav90st Member

You are deviating very far from the subject!!!

The guy who started the topic started it on a time when HAN and HEN weren't as good as today. HEN didn't existed and HAN was an annoying method.

I remember that a lot of people asked me about ode. So, for your knowledge, ode was the only hack for late slim and super slim (it also worked on ofw 4.82, sure it will work on all ofw's).

The main point of this topic is if ode and hen/han works togheter. So, we don't see the point of your comment. If you want to be interesting, do something that not everyone can do (not to be non-constructive and negative, just to "impress" yourself).

I can confirm that I've played online with ode! You need to make the iso as close as the original one (eboot, param, sfo and folder structure).

I have a lot of ps3's, I recomended him to get another one and to use it with HEN. So, I will let the ode on 4.82 ofw and try HEN just to access some files (for example, copy a license to the last of us game and more).

Personally, I play on ps4 and xbox one, sometime on older consoles, so ps3 isn't my mine purpose, and I do this with cobra because of the testing and to help that guy.

It was more helpful if you had something interesting to say, not just pure theory, negative and unhelpful. A guy found recently a ps2 hack, go and tell him that he is loosing his time.

Every hack and every exploit, as little as it looks, can help sometime.

I will be back with some conclusions about the main topic.

And it's ok for me, I have mostly original games, I don't do piracy, just testing, so HAN and HEN are slowing me. It's very funny to pirate old games that are extremely cheap. :)))

DeViL303 likes this.
  10. 4
    octav90st

octav90st Member

Sorry for the double post. Please an admin or a moderator to merge them. Thanks!

UPDATE: yes, guys, Cobra ODE and both PS3 HEN can work together in the same time on OFW 4.82.

Here is the proof:

I've made a video after I've installed HEN on my ode ps3.

Cool stuff is that you can use multiman 4.85.01! :D

But keep cobra on PT mode. I've seen that ode starts to do the swap trick in emulation mode when you start something. Maybe it wasn't made for modified ofw.

Multiman and others don't have sony protection, so cobra will open them, but I personally recommend PT mode.

Right now I don't plan to test OFW 4.85, but I think that it would work. I have other ps3 consoles on higher ofw/cfw so for me there is no reason and this cobra ode ps3 will remain on 4.82, even if a homebrew game freezed at a certain point.

DADi590 and DeViL303 like this.