Hard Disk corrupt? - Game save Data & Trophy not recognized

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by snkplkn, Oct 12, 2019.

1. 362
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

So whenever i try to play any game. I get error that this Save Data is from another user. Registration of Trophy information could not be completed etc etc error.

So i cannot play any game.

This happened after improper shutdown yesterday. After shutdown i got sticky message that system needs to be restored but when i do it, the pop still came up again after startup. I managed to solve it after safe mode, restoring default settings and rebuilding database. And everything was working fine yesterday.

Now today i got this big problem. All Save Data and Trophy is not recognized. I have already tried restoring and rebuilding database. But it solves nothing.

How can i restore my save data and trophies?

Just in case i have backed up my save game data and Trophies now on USB drive. But how can i restore these and make PS3 recognize them again?

I searched and found that easy fix is to create a new PS3 user and delete old user. Or to delete all trophies from hdd user folder.

But i want to keep save game data. Its a lot of save data. Any ideas?

2. 362
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Another problem. Webman is corrupted. I try to install it again but it randomly gets corrupted again after sometime. I can run webman after reinstalling but after restarting, webman doesn't work.

3. 2,190
    Berion

Berion Developer

Trophies and saves are glued to NP Account ID (if You ever activated console and sign in on this specific user account which is sticked to SEN user account). So Your user must use the same NPAID for all saves and trophies or You will not be consider as owner and be allowed to use them. This information is written in xRegistry.sys. All ownership informations You can find inside any PARAM.SFO from content made by this user.

In example, if You for some reason lost NPAID in registry, then You must edit that file and fill this id by Yours.

This is not a fix, but bad advice. ;) It will solve the problem only just because files which are not yours disappear and will be replaced by yours and of course "empty".

MegaManX970 likes this.
  4. 362
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

I don't understand. All files are mine but still they are not recognized.

Anyway, i have deleted all trophies from hdd0/home/trophy folder and deleted all saves. Now games are working.

But i have created backup of all these files.

Now how i can i reuse these files. How to make them compatible with my present account?

5. 2,190
    Berion

Berion Developer

No, they are not...

I already explained it in earlier post. ;) NPAID of Your saves and trophies must match to NPID in xRegistry.sys. So You have two ways: change one line in registry file or resign all the stuff.

6. 362
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

What do you mean? I played all games and saved all data.

How to change registry file? And how to resign save files?

7. 2,669
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    BruteForce Save Data within Aldo's PS3 Tools....

To resign the saves you need your consoles IDPS, your PSN Account NP ID, and your acount number on the PS3 eg>00000001 or 00000002.

8. 2,190
    Berion

Berion Developer

This means that saves and/or trophies are not Yours.
    And next, You writing:

Which is opposite to first sentence...

By one of xRegistry.sys editors.

9. 362
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Berion, i think your English is not good so you are having hard time comprehending my post.

Read my post carefully. My hard disk got corrupted (after improper shutdown) so my PS3 is not recognizing my save game data and trophies. This problem is not new and has happened with many people.

10. 362
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

What is PSN account NPID?

I played all my games offline without signing into PSN.

11. 2,190
    Berion

Berion Developer

My English definitely isn't good politely saying but I think understood You quite good enough. ;) Errors which You mentioned, are related to user data ownership. I don't try guess how You end in that state, instead trying show what exactly is problem which You faced. And problem is for sure, loosing (for unknown reason) ownership.

On clean environment, ownership depend of Console ID and User Number (i.e 00000001). When You sing-in to SEN first time, this account permanently get NP Account ID (in short: NPAID or AID) which will be the same across ALL Sony consoles on which You logged by this user, and console user will be tied to SEN user. And then also ownership relation changed from pair: CID+UN to NPAID.

To fix Your problem, You must consider a way to getting back ownership, which depend of if this user was never signed-in or if at last once signed-in. Whatever is Your case, getting back ownership based on the same methods: You changed ID/IDs for this account or change it in every pair of PARAM.SFO+PARAM.PFD (which is literally pain in the ass, so easier is just editing "dev_flash2/etc/xRegistry.sys") of every of user content (every save and every trophy set).

12. 66
    wrx884

wrx884 Member

how do u edit this registry? reading this i fear i have a similar issue with a console that was given to me for spare parts thats not related to PS3 but is a PS4. if method is different i'll open another thread in the appropriate area but for now my question will also help the OP.

where can u obtain these from? i'll ask only because if said console was 2nd hand mayb some info u have asked for we might not be able to obtain so easy or mayb we can another way?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  13. 11,980
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the xregistry? there's an xregistry editor, which you can get on brewology.

14. 66
    wrx884

wrx884 Member

thanks will look into it. will this work on windows 10 being such an old program or will i need to get the old xp OS running for it?

15. 11,980
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

it should work. if it doesn't, try compatibility mode or running as administrator. most ps3 tools were written for windows 7, but I've yet to encounter one that didn't work on windows 10.

16. 362
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

I noticed somethings. When is restore default settings and file system, my user id is also changed. It has an asterick in front of id like. *snkplkn instead of just snkplkn. But no big deal, i press Triangle and edited by deleting asterick. Still the save data and trophies are not recognized.

17. 5,801
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Open the PARAM.SFO of one of your old game saves and tell us if you have the ACCOUNT_ID filled with zeroes
    And take a look at dev_hdd0/home and tell us the names of all folders in it

------------
    What happened is the hdd filesystem was partially damaged, the PS3 tryed to restore the files, but it did in a new user profile
    Sometimes this generates 2 user profiles because half of the files stays with the old user and other files are moved to the new user

Algol likes this.
  18. 2,190
    Berion

Berion Developer

@snkplkn This is not user id but user name and doesn't matter (can be anything).

@wrx884 It is high possible that on PS4 this works similar but... registry file(s) on PS4 are encrypted and I didn't hear about any tool which could decrypt, encrypt it again and edit those files; besides a way to copy it from/to a console. When You exported save to i.e pendrive, PS4 drop it in a folder name with Your NPAID so I believe ownership on PS4 is also based on this number.

19. 362
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

So i checked Account ID PARAM SFO of several save data files....

Some files are listed 00 00 00 ....all zeros

Some files are listed 36 31 37 33 38 61 62 31 65 63 30 34 36 65 36 65

So there are two type of Account ID in save files. I don't know what that means.

In hdd home folder, there is only one folder 0000037

20. 2,190
    Berion

Berion Developer

It means that some was created when Your account wasn't tied to SEN account (all zeroes) and some are restricted to NPAID. UN i CID can be seen only in hex editor as they are not wrote in any showing meta data in SFO. I can't remember on which offsets but they are easy to find, especially in higher user numbers than 00h or 01h.