PS3HEN Having trouble loading games NTFS USB stick with Irisman/Webman

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by dudebroishere, Jun 15, 2019.

1. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

I recently bought a new USB stick since my space on my PS3s HDD is running out. I have converted a folder game to an ISO, and i put a folder called "PS3ISO" on my stick along with the game in it.

Irisman reads the game, but when i try to play it, my system shuts off.
    Webman reads the game on the NTFS tab in the web viewer version, but takes a long time to load the game and it crashes to a white "this page cannot be displayed" page or just instantly says "Error!" when its clicked.
    What am i doing wrong?

2. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

3. 1,080
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

what kind of drive it is?did you've benchmarked it and did a full write test?there's a lot of fake bigger thumbdrives (64gb and up) that's essentially small drive with hacked firmware to display bigger capacity in windows.H2testw is the tool i use to test full capacity of both thumbdrives and sd cards (there's also fake sd cards,especially samsung's bigger and faster evo series).

also,if it's really slow that would explain a lot,typically for games to work you'll need i'd say at least 30-40mb/s sequential read speed (it's not that black and white it also depends on small files performance but mostly if the drive is faster it will have other aspects of performance at same level).i've never tried with that slow of an drive but did have kingston 64gb one with about 70-80mb/s sequential if i remember correctly and it worked fine.although usb on the ps3 side is usb 2.0 and you've capped at 60mb/s anyway faster drives do work better even if they exceed that as other aspects come to play (smaller files performance,response time,etc).

4. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

It's a real, legit, drive. Its from Microcenter, and i have no issue with their drives before.

5. 1,080
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

test the speed then.

6. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

Didn't test the speed yet, but now i updated Multiman, and now it doesn't crash my system, but now it says
    "The selected disc image is not a compliant PS3 ISO. but you may still be able to access it in other applications".
    Could this be still the fault of the drive, which i still isn't the problem, or the the fact i converted a folder game to an ISO using ultraiso?

7. 1,080
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

both.use rudi rastelli's PS3 ISO TOOLS V2.2 with patched makeps3iso from IRISMAN on the pc or IRISMAN on the ps3 itself for converting.

8. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

What? PS3ISOTOOLS only goes up to 4.76, how would that even work, and what the hell is makeps3iso? Again, IRISMAN turns off my console when trying to load the game.

9. 5,382
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Castlevania Junkie Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
  10. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

Okay, thank you, but now i am having an issue even after updating them.
    Multiman says this when i try to select the ISO i have.
    "The selected disc image is not a compliant PS3 ISO. but you may still be able to access it in other applications"
    Irisman doesn't crash anymore when i select it, but when i select it, to boots back to the XMB, with no disc loaded.
    What do i genuinely use to make a working ISO? People told me UltraISO was fine for making PS3 isos from folder games, so i used it, and the ISO TOOL 2.2 only goes up to a older firmware.

11. 5,382
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Castlevania Junkie Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

I suggest IMGBurn it will make a nice and easy to use bin/cue files. ISO sucks as it can't do multitrack games.

12. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

Okay, i will install IMGBurn to test that out, but how would i do that with bin/cue files, or how would i convert a folder game to bin/que with it? is there any guides/videos on it for that? I am just really stressed after trying to get this stuff to work

you ARE talking about PS3 games, right, and now PS1?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  13. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

14. 1,080
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

i think atrey187 didn't understand,you want to convert ps3 game in folder format to iso and mount it and play it from your ntfs usb thumbdrive.he was referring to ISO's not being ideal for ps1 backups because they don't support specific data that's found on some ps1 games.

for this to work you'll need:

1.to test your usb thumbdrive sequential read speed.you can do that on windows pc with various benchmarking tools like crystaldiskmark.

2. software to convert your folder format game to iso format.on pc for that most reliable method is to use aforementioned PS3 ISO TOOLS V2.2 that's a collection of several handy tools for ps3 backups and inside it you have choice of two small programs that actually do all of the converting - genps3iso (that isn't the most reliable in my personal experience) and makeps3iso.that patched version from IRISMAN is the most reliable tool that i've come across.you can found it by simply doing a search on the forum,you should be able to find the thread where i and dev @sandugas were discussing it and all the stuff you need is posted right there.

alternatively if you already have that game in folder format onto your ps3 hdd you can try to reinstall IRISMAN and do conversion directly in it and onto your usb drive.you simply delete IRSIMAN from xmb and you will find latest IRISMAN version on brewology.

you can also try to simply copy that folder format game onto the usb drive and put it in GAMES folder and most backup managers will recognize it and should be able to mount and launch it.

on ps3 with cfw for ISO's to work you need cobra enabled or some other payload or backup manager that has payload built in,but i personally find easiest to simply get cfw with cobra from the start,simply enable it and you're good to go.typically REBUG REX is the cfw you want for this and then you can simply install rebug toolbox directly from the package manager on your ps3,go to it,enable cobra and you're good to go.

on HEN by simply installing HEN you're installing payload (cobra) from the start and therefore it should function more or less the same as cfw with cobra.however,not all of the homebrew was patched for this exploit so you should research a bit more but latest webman MOD is heavily been optimized for HEN and should work the best.also in webman MOD you can mount and launch backups in both iso and folder format right from the xmb.you can find it on brewology,official thread here and github.

dudebroishere likes this.
  15. 3,084
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/m...-84-5-ps3hen-shutdown-fix-for-ntfs-hdd.24480/

Looks like either your file name is not detected (mostly due to some special characters or unicode) or your ISO is damaged.

16. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

I am trying makeps3iso from the tools folder, and i put the folder path into the CMD prompt, it just shuts down. Is it supposed to do this? It's giving me no clues on what it's actually doing.

17. 1,080
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

nope,you should get both the PS3 ISO TOOLS and the IRISMAN first,unpack them,then from IRISMAN copy and overwrite the makeps3iso version that was in PS3 ISO TOOLS v2.2\Tools folder.

then start PS3 ISO TOOLS V2.2.exe from the main folder and nice and compact GUI should appear,in it select 'Create ISO(s)'.next menu should appear and on it you can check 'exclude "PS3_UPDATE" folder from ISO(s) and 'rename ISO(s) to..' option if you want to but don't mess with other options for now and select 'use 'makeps3iso' (it should be selected by default) and click continue.

from there you should been able to select your folder format rip,select the output folder for where you want your ISO to be created and that should be it.

18. 65
    dudebroishere

dudebroishere Forum Noob

Okay, i misread, i replaced the makeps3iso version from the IRISMAN rar, and launched the gui. Does it matter which firmware i choose along with the PS3 System selection? I am on HEN, so do i check CFW?

19. 1,080
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

like i've said,other than excluding and renaming features don't mess with other options for now until you get it working and get a grip about all of this.and please,if you don't read what i've write then there's little benefit of me helping and writing all of this.