Having trouble with HAN/HEN, my exp, my aim. help?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by TKBS, Jun 9, 2019.

1. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

Title: Having trouble with HAN/HEN, my exp, my aim. help?
    Description:
    I am having some issues with the HAN/ HEN process, a little confusion, alot of fails and an end goal for trying this process that is probably outside my reach.

My Aims: [Green = PASS, RED = Wip/ Fail]
    1. PS3: Make a backup of UT3 DVD on my PS3 so that DIsc is no longer required
    2. Modify ISO: Attempt Online support for UT3 PS3/ Games that no longer have online servers.
    3. Install content directly (Get My Own Game working on PS3 created with Unreal Engine)

My End Goal:

* I would like to get UT3 PS3 running on a server again,
    i can think of a few things;
    1. Modifying EBOOT.BIN or overwriting files with the UT3 Game/ ISO
    2. redirecting with proxy and xlink ?
    3. full recompile of UT3 source for PS3 including a new server (PS3 Devkit needed?)

Questions (solved):

[Q.1]
    Is HAN still required after HEN if is installed?
    - If So, ...
    [Q.1a] Do users need to Enable HAN before they Enable HEN, or can users simply enable HEN after every boot?

[Q.2]
    Why are all my games failing to installing? - or hanging on 'Please Wait'?

[Q.3]
    PS1 Backup support: is this the PSX2PS3 approach?
    ... Because for me the process fails everytime, Only "MYST" and "WORMS" have succeeded as 'PSP Remasters'.

[Q.3a]
    Is it possible to just use PS1 ".bin/.cue" &/or ".img/.cue/ .sub" instead of making weird PSP Remasters with rif, rap and other stuff that makes no sense???

[Q.4]
    Why all the secrecy and confusion about rif, rap and resign?
    ...i think this is where the majority of my issues come from, also many comments online regarding this same confusion for users.

[Q.5]
    Is flash mount required before updates? installation of PKGs (GAMES)?
    i.e. Do users need to:
    //5.Navigate to 'Network/Internet Browser'
    //6. Push Start and enter this web address -
    http://ps3xploit.com/hen/rewrite/han_flash_mount_rewrite.html

before installing updates to HEN, installing PKG's and PSX converts?
    [Q.6]
    Is a 32kb allocation size the only USB that will work? - or is that just a recommendation?
    Can a 16kb allocation or 64kb be used etc?

My Exp
    Strike=solved
    * HAN; trial and error Install, no adverse affects found; NOT required after HEN installation
    * HEN; trial and error install, no adverse affects found, Hen can be Updated from within HEN
    * WEBMAN: Sets PS3 fan to higher than Default. Users can put this back to default using a setting called "Syscon". I do not recommend having the PS3 fan too high for too long when performing non-intensive operations or using for short periods
    * *Uninstall options: Do not exist? See solved below.
    * PS3 Disc backup: Works great, but unable to tell if Backups are stable; due to the above issue with WEBMAN
    * PSX_2_PS3 & PS3 Minis (fake PSP Remasters): Only 2/5 games have worked - will retest
    * MultiMan: Crashes frequently, maybe due to having a game mounted with IRISMAN?
    HEN AI1O-Guide: Works perfectly, but lacks some information for new users (research needed)

(ISSUES: SOLVED)
    1. IRISMan dissappeared from MY XMB, now unable to install any packages or access them
    - reinstalled HFW, HAN & HEN, tried to install package "this package is ready installed"
    1. FIX:

Reinstalled HFW, HAN, HEN, Rebuilt Database. Deleted corrupt data file, Re-installled WEBMAN, DELETED the IRISMAN00 folder
    here;
    /Dev/hdd0/IRISMAN00/db

Summary;
    - I want to apply a patch that allows UT3 to be played Online / Online Server for PS3 Game
    - ...either by Injection a patch into the Game in realtime, Direct modification of the Game exe (EBOOT), or via some form of Proxy or redirection.
    - A few things could be added to the guide Known issues/ FAQ.

My Website: https://unrealbyfusilade.wordpress....laystation-tutorials/playstation-3-tutorials/
    ^^ Not shameless self-promotion, just incase users find it helpful.
    [Edit: Strike = Solved & umart666 is a troll]
    [EDIT:Moved from my 2nd post]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

[EDIT:Moved to Post#1]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. 991
    umart666

umart666 Member

you can't get online play with ps2 games on HAN/HEN,only BC/semiBC models and their ps2 emu has network capability.i have cechc (semiBC) and still i haven't managed to get it to work.your best bet is pc emu for it,better even than original hardware.

in webman MOD you can revert to syscon (default fan profile) so that's bogus reason to advise people to stay away from it.if you like to fry your console that's your preference,devs of the webman MOD actually try to keep your console alive.

i strongly advise you to refrain from making half and/or uninformed assumptions and recommendations here.in my area there's really good say: "what clever one is shy to admit,foolish one brags about",i think that mentality should be applied in writing here.

4. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

@umart666
    1. No1 said anything about playing PS2 games online so thanks for the half assed uninformed assumption and response
    2. 50° is not hot enough for it to sound like a jetfan at high rpm, turn PS3 on cold, run it, see what happens.
    "if you like to fry your console that's your preference" --flol why did u even bother posting that,
    - i say to you if you want to use a mod that forces your fan to degrade instantly, carry on!
    3. I don't appreciate your dumbass passive agrressive responses that fail to answer any of my questions, all you did was make your opion, and badly. An all In 1 guide that does contain all information is kinda pointless, and i am not alone on this.. Check the forums, the posts and questions peopel ask, youtube, other forums related to this mateer. You should't follow a guie then have your PS3 unneccesssarily running a high RPM, and if this is the case for "safety" why is it
    a) not mentioned in the guide
    b) internet is ful of peopel advisiign to change the settings on fan speenmanually. At which point again i stress, provided someones else work with an all in one guide with download links and no information regarding what that stuff does is very bad practice
    4. Thanks for you completely useless advice
    Your whole reply screams you cannot or did not read and you are not interested in helping or making improvements, and whatever u tried is irreleavnt to me, especially since you failed at it lol
    I suggest you simply exodus my thread and leave me alone

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  5. 991
    umart666

umart666 Member

posting on public forums works both ways,buddy,i can and will post until i get banned,which i sincerely doubt as what i wrote is in line with this forum guidelines.nothing i wrote is uninformed,let alone a misinformation.

you did ask is there way to get ps2 games online on HEN,just edited that one out.about comments on webman MOD there's no point in arguing with you,as you just made claims without proof just backing them up with 'read the forums and threads,people have problems' so no real argument can be had with you.

my aim is not to aid you,i could care less about you,your problems,aspirations etc my aim is only to counter bogus claims and misinformed recommendations because this is public forum and anyone could read your babble and sadly think there's something wrong with webman MOD and/or their system.there isn't,webman MOD is splendid little piece of software and it's default fan curve isn't too aggressive,your system in that case is overeheating on it's own and webman MOD just reacts and tries to keep you safe until you resolve your issues or simply revert to syscon or adjust to your liking,which can be done right there in webman setup.

6. 1,475
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

I don’t want to see this turn into a thread of nothing but arguing.
    Sometimes we have to agree to disagree and move forward with the day.
    If you want to talk about it friendly that’s great but honestly what is the bickering going to accomplish?

sandungas likes this.
  7. 19
    AlanFgps

AlanFgps Forum Noob

I have a problem with HEN I installed multi man and lauched it and it says installation of required data failed and I tried irisman webman mod both of them is not installing and tired uninstalling multiman and downloaded from another site and same problem
    HFW:4.8.2
    HEN:2.2.2
    Muliman:4.82.00 BASE and non base

8. 991
    umart666

umart666 Member

@pink1

if you asked me like i said,i won't argue with him further,as there's no point.argument can be had if the other side has some points and proofs,this way anything further is futile.

i don't see the reason and point on being 'friendly',sure,all the tone and writing should be in civil manner but beyond that i personally don't see the point in politeness,especially if it isn't reciprocated.

pink1 likes this.
  9. 1,475
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

@umart666 Thank you & I understand where you are coming from, I just wanted to step in before it got out of hand. I'm sure you've seen simple things like this get crazy quick around here before we even realize it's happening. :)

sandungas likes this.
  10. 567
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    1. No, han doesnt need to be enabled. Just hen.
    1.a. Same as above

2. It is installing. Wait for it to finish. My guide does state this.

3. Psx support means proper backup support, not pkg. This is also covered in my guide.
    3.a. Yes, this is proper BIN + CUE. Read my guide....

4. Its because, technically, piracy. RAPs are like blank contracts for a game, you resign them into RIFs with your consoles info. This rif is the liscenec.

5. No

6. Unsure

You should check psp compatibility because it's only about 50% of games work.

You uninstall homebrew like you would any application/game on your Ps3... Find it on xmb, push triangle and select delete...

You say your converting ps1 to bin to psp eboot to psp remaster...???
    You have 2 options, play the bin+cue through backup manager or create a psx classic... Both are much simpler than converting the game 3 times...

Honest, there's a wealth of information here. There's a search in the top right, use it to your advantage.

My guide is pretty much complete, I'm not going to cover homebrew apps as they have been around for literally years and there's plenty of documentation on that. The download links are a courtesy. The guide isn't a full "every single thing you need to know about Ps3 cfw/hen/homebrew, it's just for HEN.

TKBS, Algol and pink1 like this.
  11. 5
    CrashV

CrashV Forum Noob

DEFINATELY DOESN'T.

Its called Dynamic Fan Control and you can turn it off easily by:

1- Go to webman games from the XMB
    2- Choose webman Setup
    3- Uncheck the first box titled "Dynamic Fan Control"
    4- Save

Dynamic fan control exist for a reason, to prevent any overheating issues, so in other words you can say its a feature not a bug (no refrences intended)

I wouldn't recommend turning it off completely, however if you're having nightmares at night because of the sound you can check the 3rd option from the webman Setup menu titled "Manual" and set the fan speed to whetever makes you feel comfortable, personally i set it to 40%, it hits my noise's sweet spot and at the same time cools my electronic pet, that alot of people Shamelessly acronymize in three letters... PS3

12. 10,454
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

my advice is to turn on your surround sound (if you have one) to drown out the noise of the fan. the 360 does the same thing with dynamic fan controls.

13. 10,454
    pinky

btw, a somewhat unrelated post, but if you own a wii, there's an option in system settings, wii connect, which causes the system to get hot af while turned off. I'd suggest disabling it. the power led will be orange when it's enabled, while turned off; red when disabled.

14. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

@Fin9ersMcGee

Thanks alot for your direct response. I have not edited the OP yet ever but will update it with your valued information.
    - I found the "syscon" setting and will add this to my list of tips and beneficial info.
    - another tip; i think it is useful is to provide users with all links used in the tutorial so they can save them in PS3 browser when they set homepage to blank.

@the offtopic posters

Don't forget y'all this is my Experience, if you don't like it and don't want to be involved then no drama just gtfo.
    - you will know when i edit a post because it will say [edit; xxxx], like i've done for years and if i want my fan speed on defualt when it is not required to have it blasting then that's how i want it - end of

@pinky

Your response is semi--off topic (hardware) but highly valuable information (software). I will add this to my Wii Tutorials page and reference you if that's ok - thanks!

For those interest: [My End Goal/ assistance appreciated]
    - i am currently focussing on the PS3 stuff as there is so much information.
    * Here's my progress with my Current Project
    UT3 PS3 Online patching and Mod installations
    Any input would be greatly appreciated
    * Lets get to the advanced stuff and push the noobs out of my thread. Only valued advice here please

Notes:
    Click red text for links

[Edit: typos]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  15. 991
    umart666

umart666 Member

no,it won't say you've edited the post.

16. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

Okay So here's what i did:

1. 4.82 - HFW 4.84.2
    2. HAN & HEN
    3. Ripped UT3 PS3 ISO
    4. Transferred to PC
    5. decompiled EBOOT.BIN to EBOOT.ELF
    6. Modified the EBOOT.ELF and used make_fself_npdrm.exe
    Code:
    make_fself.exe EBOOT.ELF EBOOT.BIN

7. Put the Hax EBOOT.BIN into the iso
    - This failed on PS3; Not recognized as PS3 format

If i have missed any steps or need to do add/ something let me know!

Q1. How does one get the Content ID string as shown in Trueancestor_SELF_resigner_v1.97?
    it says "please folow sample ContentID:JP9000-XXXXX_00-00000XXX"
    But all i know is "BLES-00200"

The next step:
    - Patching the ISO to contain the 2 x Updates that were available for the game.
    Q2. How do i obtain the official free updates from the PSN and get them in PKG format so i can extract the contents with e.g. pkgviewer.exe

LoL at this troll "Umart666" - still can't read flol, he's got 800+ posts and at least 8 of them are spam. 1% and growing lol

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  17. 10,454
    pinky

you can get the content id in hex. it's near the beginning of the eboot.

18. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

i checked the EBOOT but BLES was not found
    edit:
    and the original eboot.bin and my modified one has differences that i didnt make

e.g.
    Seen at the start
    Original
    Code:
    SCE.............

Modified
    Code:
    SCE.....€......€

My modifications were done much further down the file - maybe i did not convert it back to .bin from .elf properly? or chose wrong option?

and thansk for the response

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  19. 10,454
    pinky

it needs to be encrypted. that's what tells the system which rif key to use. the rif/rap keys are named after the content id. upload_2019-6-12_19-34-52.png

20. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

What needs to be encrypted? have i missed something
    Also my HExeditor doesn;t have that "decoded text" line i see written at the end of the offset (h)
    I read through your tutorials @pinky but stuck at the first step.

It is the rap rif etc stuff i am confused with.. I need to do further reading and get back. I thought the make_fself was the encrpytion back to bin and i definately cannot find a content id in any file be it .bin .elf .sprx .prx.

again - i really appreciate your time. Ill check back tommorrow