Having trouble with HAN/HEN, my exp, my aim. help?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by TKBS, Jun 9, 2019.

1. 4,594
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

@TBKS at some point you need to enter "recovery menu" and use the option "rebuild database"
    The problem you mentioned before (about an irisman installation dissapaearing from XMB) is a consequence of problems in the database files

At this point is hard to imagine how it happened, but well, you was replacing the EBOOT.BIN and other stuff from the installation directory, and it seems at some point there was some mistake in the files... and you tryed to boot it from XMB
    When you try to boot it the info in the database about the app is "updated", and incase there was an error it could happen that the database removes the info of the content (from the database, but not the files)

Incase the files had big problems (in other words... the database manteinance service considered them corrupted and irreparables) maybe some of them was removed too... is hard to know

----------------------
    Anyway... if you use the option "rebuild database" from recovery menu then your database/s will be updated and repaired (containing all the stuff you have installed)
    After that, if you still have some weird icon in XMB... press triangle on it and uninstall it

---------------------------
    Dont mess around with the files in path: dev_hdd0/mms/db
    Are the databases, but right now there are no tools to rebuild them, the best way to rebuild or repair them is if you allow the PS3 to do it

2. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

it is ok guys;
    - Rebuilt database then deleting that problem folder worked,IRIS Man is now re-installed.
    - You people are super heroes. I promise ill pay the forums back :)
    - Now getting back to learning how to modify an eboot an get it back correctly
    [edit: coz it is solved]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  3. 4,594
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Btw, scetool (the version 0.29 iirc, not previous ones) have an option to use a selected signed file as a "master" *
    The exact command is not named "master", damnit, but i dont remember the name right now, i hope you get the idea)

The purpose of that option is to create a signed file following the same exact settings than the other "master" file

As example... you can sign your EBOOT.ELF (decrypted) into a EBOOT.BIN (encrypted) with the settings used by EBOOT_MASTER.BIN (taken from other homebrew app)

In this case the EBOOT_MASTER.BIN should be one that you are 100% sure that is correctly signed to run on HEN

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. 10,730
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

hmm...I'm not sure how that happened. have you tried rebuilding the database to see if it corrects itself? maybe that entry in the database is corrupted.

edit: just saw your post. glad you got it sorted.

5. 33
    TKBS

TKBS Forum Noob

If anyone is online and can chat/ help with my goal please join here;

Code:
    https://webchat.quakenet.org/
    Name: yourname
    Channel: psx-place

So i don't bump threads every 5mins

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019