It's very unlikely as I only added a loop at the start of the keyboard function. But yes, I'll do something about it sooner or later, just that there are also other things that need my attention. The reason why I got rid of pad input during installation, was because the IOP is too slow to handle all the peripherals without affecting network support significantly. I guess it improved by about 700KB/s for you, since your average is now about 7.7MB/s. The network status screen involves polling the IOP side of things for the network status, which also adds some overhead as you have observed, although I guess it isn't too much. It will probably help if the statistics APIs can be consolidated into a single API, but that is not how things are for at least now. Using a newer HDD might also help, due to better writing performance and support for 48-bit LBA with ATA-6 (up to 65536 sectors can be written at once, instead of just 256). Thanks for sharing an update about the performance.