Help converting Blu-ray Games to .iso

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by decacefa, Apr 19, 2019.

1. 3
    decacefa

decacefa Forum Noob

Hey guys

I recently got into PS3 CFW and I'm trying to convert my games to isos so I don't have to bother with the discs.

My PS3 is a 2XXX model running Rebug 4.84.2 REX on default settings. Only packages installed are Rebug Toolbox and Webman Mod 1.47.15.

I downloaded ISO Tools 2.2 and replaced makeps3iso.exe and extractps3iso.exe found in ./tools with the updated versions from the Irismanager 4 release, as recommended by sandungas in this topic.

The GUI was freezing up on me every time I tried to convert the game in my BD drive (Killzone 2, US version), so I ended up using the command line:

Code:
    MAKEPS3ISO (c) 2013, Estwald (Hermes)

Enter Path Folder:
    D:/

Enter ISO filename or path (press enter to default name):

Split in 4GB parts? (y/n):
    n

</>
      -> PS3_DISC.SFB LBA 47 size 1 KB
    </PS3_GAME>
      -> ICON0.PNG LBA 48 size 107 KB
    </USRDIR>
      -> EBOOT.BIN LBA 2558 size 15 MB
      -> data_ps3.psarc LBA 10559 size 6674 MB
    </MOVIES>
      -> AttractMovie2_tm_PS3.avi LBA 3427833 size 97 MB
    </TROPDIR>
    </NPWR00153_00>
      -> TROPHY.TRP LBA 6323634 size 2 MB
    </PS3_UPDATE>
    Finish!
    No error messages, seems like everything is fine. I put the 12 GB .iso into my ps3netsrv share folder and try to launch it on the PS3 using webman. But my console doesn't wanna play along: "An error occurred during the start operation. (80010017)"

I've converted a downloaded folder game to iso using ISO Tools and mounted it with webman. That ran just fine. I don't know where it's going wrong... maybe it's the disc drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. 7,078
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

You need to use the PS3 to extract the files from the original BD, you can use irisman for this
    After that you need to copy the files to PC and build the ISO with rudi's ISO Tools

Filipe Santos likes this.
  3. 3
    decacefa

decacefa Forum Noob

Thanks for the quick response. Is it possible to extract on PC instead?

4. 7,078
    sandungas

If you extract the files with a normal PC Bluray Drive some files are going to be encrypted, this is why it was not working for you

Time ago there was a brand named 3k3y that was selling an adapter board to connect a PS3 BluRay Drive to a PC, this was the only way to make decrypted backups from PS3 game discs in PC but only few people have them because it was not much practical and the complete setup was expensive (you needed to buy the adapater and also a PS3 BD to connect it to the PC dedicated to make PS3 backups)

Filipe Santos and DeViL303 like this.
  5. 8,487
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

I'm not a big gamer on PS3, but can we rip directly to ISO now too?

Is it just a couple of files like eboot.bin etc, or a lot? Because it might be feasible to rip full disc on PC, then grab the few required files on PS3 via FTP afterwards. Of course if its different per game and lots of files its not worth it.

6. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

yes,you can rip directly on ps3 with irisman.that patched one for ps3 iso tools is from irisman,far most reliable tool for making .iso's.

7. 7,078
    sandungas

I lost a bit the track of newest features implemented in iris forks... but in the original iris first you need to use the option "copy" and this creates a dump of the BD files in JB format (separated folder/files for the people not aware to PS3 scene slang), after that if you open options on top of the JB game it appears the option "create ISO"
    Internally iris is going to use the same source code than makeps3iso.exe so the resulting ISO should be identical than doing it in PC with rudi's ISO Tools when you choose the option makeps3iso in them

In multiman im not sure if is needed to do this "2 steps process" (first in JB then convert to ISO), but i dont suggest to use multiman for this task because is not using makeps3iso
    In other words... the ISOs generated by mutliman are different than the ones generated by iris or rudi's ISO Tools when using the option makeps3iso
    I think the encrypted files are the whole contents of folder USRDIR
    In a standard game the only files that are not encrypted are the ones at top of the folder hierarchy (PARAM.SFO ICON0.PNG etc...). And the PS3UPDAT.PUP

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  8. 3
    decacefa

decacefa Forum Noob

Ty, this has been a huge help